[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain me how it's an "album from the 80s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2136001.jpg (325KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2136001.jpg
325KB, 600x600px
Can anyone explain me how it's an "album from the 80s that sounds like the 90s" ?
>>
it's ahead of its time because of acoustic guitars and whiny singing and themes of being a stupid high schooler, all things that would be very popular in the 90s.
>>
>>70619714
Can anyone explain me how it's an "album from the 70s that sounds like the 80s" ?
>>
>>70619714
do you have a higher res pic?
those are some nice soles
>>
>>70619817
LOLno. Paranoid very much sounds like 1970.
>>
>>70619714
80s alt rock was a precursor for 90s alt rock. You'll hear people say the same thing for bands like REM, Sonic Youth, and Dinosaur Jr.
>>
>>70619841
fuck off footfag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl3bdE3YQA

This one is from 1988, but sounds 90's.
>>
>>70619714
it's got that shitty 90s mtv slacker-core vibe that beck and marcy playground ended up making popular
>>
>>70619714
It dealt with high school angst (a common theme of the 90s). What makes it work so well is that Gano wrote the original lyrics in high school so he got the perfect high school perspective. But he didn't release anything until after he graduated so he could refine the lyrics.
>>
>>70619714
Well it's acoustic for one thing, so it doesn't suffer any of the trappings of 80's production (gated reverb, flanger pedals etc.)

For another thing, it's a very snarky alternative rock album, which wasn't exactly a common thing at the time. Sure you had R.E.M. and The Replacements, but they were nowhere near as immature or bitter as the Violent Femmes where.

>>70619817
lolwut, Paranoid could not sound more 70's. The title track sounds like Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple.
>>
>>70620531
Wait, this wasn't from the 90s?
>>
>>70619817
I was alive in the 80's, trust me they didn't sound like that young lad
>>
Pantera Cowboys from Hell sounds 80's
>>
>>70622066
Yeah, wtf? That's the most 90s song ever
>>
>>70622081
>born in 1989
>>
>>70622270
It came out in 1990, so it does still sound 80s in a lot of ways. VDAP however sounds 101% like the 90s.
>>
>>70622081
>>70619817
80s rock is full of shredder guitar and snare reverb drums. Where does one hear that on Paranoid?
>>
>>70623036
You think that's bad try listening to Power Metal, that's probably as 80's as Pantera ever got.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.