[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that only Hispanics listen to rock and metal music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Fans-Black-Metal[1].jpg (144KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Fans-Black-Metal[1].jpg
144KB, 1024x683px
Is it true that only Hispanics listen to rock and metal music any more in the United States? Whenever I look at the comment section of a band like Falling in Reverse or whatever other "current" teen band there is the commentators are always Hispanic girls. All the American white kids are listening to rap I guess.
>>
Maybe it's because Falling in Reverse is retarded
>>
>>70614574
None of the members are Hispanic though.
>>
I've actually noticed this same thing although mainly in like deathcore and metalcore and a little dm and bm
>>
>>70614561
>>>>>>>>>Club America patch
>>
>>70614561
Yea its true they arent obsessed with trap and r &b and trying to be black like in the US. They already have a genre like rap called reggaeton.
>>
The girls I've met with the most patrician tastes recently have been Hispanic.

You might be on to something OP
>>
>>70614561
Yeah its true hispanic girls have the best taste but don't tell /mu/
>>
>>70614561
damn that puta on the left has a great body.
>>
>>70614938
I'd hablo her espanol if you know what I mean
>>
Rock and metal in general is way more popular in Central and South America than it is in the US
>>
>>70614981
t. virgin
>>
>>70615043
who you getting crazy with ese? don't you know I'm loco?
>>
>>70614561
w2c hispanic gf?
>>
>>70615021
Really? I know for sure that reggaeton is huge in the Southern Cone
>>
>tfw no qt3.14 Hispanic indie girl

I had a chance and blew it bros. FUCK.
>>
>>70614561
girl in the Batlord shirt is qt
>>
File: destruction onepiece.jpg (57KB, 564x887px) Image search: [Google]
destruction onepiece.jpg
57KB, 564x887px
>>
>>70614561
Argentinian here, rock and metal seems more mainstream mainly because when the biggest rock bands blew up we had a dictatorship which prohibited english music so we are years before in music trends usually. Also this caused loca rock to blow up because it was a form of protest agains the dictatorships using metaphors in lyrics which would otherwise be censored.

It's kind of funny because what i usually listen from this page starts to appear in my country about year later
>>
>>70615421
wew
>>
This is only true for mostly just shitty metal. I still know plenty of people that listen to rock. Granted it's shit like Muse, Royal Blood, and Thrice.

I still listen to rock. Just good rock. Like Ty Segall, The Fall of Troy, Wingnut Dishwashers Union, and Parquet Courts. I don't know if you classify Parquet Courts as indie or whatever, but if you ask me rock is so broad they fit.
>>
>>70615605
>Unironically saying "I listen to good music"
>>
>>70615605
>good rock
>>
>>70615605
I still listen to rock. Just good rock. Like Smash Mouth, Creed, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Arctic Monkeys. I don't know if you classify Arctic Monkeys as indie or whatever, but if you ask me rock is so broad they fit.
>>
>>70615605
Is this a joke?
>>
>>70615708
30 Seconds to Mars were great before their last album.

Fite me.
>>
>>70615661
I'm just trying to understand what he means. Rock is plenty popular in America, just not bands like Falling In Reverse because we got over them in middle school. The bands I mentioned along with Muse are hugely popular, and new Arctic Monkeys.

And I just gave examples of my music so people would have ammunition to use against me if it came off as me just calling his music shit or something. To spark a conversation m80.

>>70615708
What? None of the bands I mentioned sound anything like them nor are they in the same category in terms of music making ability.
>>
>>70615605
I still listen to metal. Just good metal. Like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, and Judas Priest. I don't know if you classify Judas Priest as indie or whatever, but if you ask me metal is so broad they fit.
>>
>>70615802
Look man. I was trying to list my favorite somewhat modern artists, and it's a bit hard considering most of the best rock music came out in either the late 60s (Captain Beefheart, Velvet Underground), early 80s (Talking Heads, Minor Threat), or the 90s/early2000s (NMH, Slint, Dinosaur Jr, TY SEGALL).
>>
I'm hispanic
my favorite genres are beatdown, hardcore, old shool metalcore and slamming brutal death metal

so yes it is confirmed my race has shit taste
>>
>>70615938
And DEVO, DEVO is the shit.
>>
>>70615197
Yeah, thats basicly the most popular genre in all of Latin America followed by Pop. Unfortunately Rock and Metal are not as big here in the DR as in other Latin countries, but it's getting bigger.
>>
metal/rock music has some of the best reactions from hispanic countries

look at this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl2ZX0TfxLs
sepultura live in mexico 1989
>>
somebody post more metal latinas
easily the best qt sub genre
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.