[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you give an album/band another chance after some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Kit smile.png (241KB, 378x357px) Image search: [Google]
Kit smile.png
241KB, 378x357px
>when you give an album/band another chance after some time and you love it
>>
>>70609723
that was me with LYSFLATH last tear
>>
>>70609805
*year
>>
>>70609723
I spent a lot of re-listening on Spiderland and Loveless. Kinda works.
>>
It was Weezer's Blue Album for me.
>>
>>70609805
Crescendocore, like other pop music, is specifically engineered that way, if you don't love it on first listen, but go back to it, you are only setting yourself up for being converted to what is likely a pretty shallow album
>>
>>70610084

u wot? what exactly does the blue album contain that took you multiple listens to "get"
>>
>>70610132
But GY!BE's not like those third-wave wannabes though
>>
>>70610132
I know this is cheap b8, but I liked other really similar post rock albums before this and on the first listen. Including F#A#sideways8. I just didn't "get" LYSFLATH on the first try and bailed at the beginning of Static.
>>
Rain Dogs

Don't know why they put the more accessible tracks on the second half.
>>
>>70610207
Protip: A sideways 8 is actually an infinity sign.

And the point is, there's nothing to "get"...it's music that's impossible not to enjoy because it's built around formulas that appeal to our base instincts.
>>
>>70610197
They're definitely better, but that album is very much their closest to those wannabees.

>>70610227
>Rain Dogs
>having any inaccessible songs
Literally his poppiest album, it's about as "inaccessible" as London Calling
>>
>>70610227
Haven't listened to it for long, not even the whole way through, but Singapore and Cemetery Polka are catchy as FUCK and got me hooked on first listen. I still have them stuck in my ear on like a weekly basis.
>>
>>70610241
>Protip: A sideways 8 is actually an infinity sign.
actually got a laugh. thanks dude.
>>
>>70610265
>Literally his poppiest album, it's about as "inaccessible" as London Calling

Not for someone listening to Waits for the first time though
>>
>>70610265
Not saying rain dogs is super out there but it's Ron Perlman doing an elvis impression while skeletons play marimbas. Most people would get like one song in and be done.
>>
>>70609723
Minor Threat for me
>>
This Heat took me years to get into, but once Deceit finally hit me, it hit hard.

Same with Tim Buckley's Starsailor.
>>
>>70610586
Funny that you mention This Heat, recently been listening to them as well. Still only on the s/t, but 24 Track Loop is a fucking beast of a song.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.