[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Annie Clark - St. Vincent, /mu/. Is she really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: tumblr_mu9qh5L5Qt1r6mrcio9_500.gif (977KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu9qh5L5Qt1r6mrcio9_500.gif
977KB, 480x270px
Redpill me on Annie Clark - St. Vincent, /mu/. Is she really a great musician as Pitchfork wants us to think ? or is she just a lying meme whore devoid of talent?
>>
shitty david byrne wannabe
>>
>>70607417
i only listened to her s/t. i was ok
>>
what does Annie think of Kate Bush?
>>
>>70607458
>i was ok
good to hear
>>
>>70607417
Can someone give me a quick rundown on Annie Clark?
>>
>>70607851
Schrodinger's Annie states that Annie Clark was both heavily into Kate Bush and not into Kate bush in 2007.
>>
She lies WAY too much! Why?
>>
>>70607417
So doesn't really love you
>>
>>70607851
she loses sleep at night knowing she will never be Kate Bush.
>>
>>70608016
a pretentious twat.
>>
she's boring generic tumblrina hipster tier music. listen to regina spektor or joanna newsom.
>>
>>70610273
>Regina Spektor
>not boring generic tumblrina hipster tier music
>Newsom
>not a tryhard hack
"Oh look at me and my triple album why yes I actually AM folk music"
>>
honestly strictly politics the latter
>>
File: 1469229110744.png (32KB, 1000x358px) Image search: [Google]
1469229110744.png
32KB, 1000x358px
>>70607417

You be the judge.
She can be a little fake and tries really hard to sound cool, but I like her music nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/st_vincent/status/822488394441707521
>>
File: 2624wg.png (43KB, 817x413px) Image search: [Google]
2624wg.png
43KB, 817x413px
>>70611445
it's common knowldge that she went to Berklee. what was she thinking? she dropped out after 3 years though.

also from her ama pic related. love how she picked a woman, a gay man, and a gay black man as her favorite writers. she's so progressive!
>>
File: hi-clark-byrne-113282839-8col.jpg (108KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
hi-clark-byrne-113282839-8col.jpg
108KB, 620x349px
u know they fucked
>>
>>70607417
Blame David Byrne for fucking the talent out of her.
>>
>>70611815
m8 david byrne fucked the talent into her
>>
>>70611815
Shes a lesbian you fuck

I also love his suit in that pic, only he could get away with a wardrobe like that
>>
>>70611872
all lesbians can be temporarily hetero

I bet it was one succ/fugg per song in this case
>>
>>70611785

All three of those writes are incredibly famous, chill the fuck out. It's not like she went out of her way to pick obscure names
>>
File: anne er.jpg (278KB, 900x1349px)
anne er.jpg
278KB, 900x1349px
>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

http://archive.is/iKqsq
>>
>>70607417
Her live shows are embarrassing, music is ok tho.
>>
>>70612708
>embarrassing

how so?
>>
>>70612721
In the last tour she talked about really dumb stuff inbetween songs (supposedly in character) and along with her band had some skits and an awful "ironic" choreography akin to what Byrne probably used to do. Watch any live set from her s/t tour. Kinda sucks cause there are some damn good tracks in that album.
>>
i wish she and angel olsen would switch personas
>>
>>70613487

I hate both of them so much. Same thing happened with both - I liked them a few years ago, then I heard them talk. They're vapid, uninteresting neoliberals and they honestly believe their ideas are gold. They're propped up by bands of dudes from NY music schools and label money.
>>
>>70610240
that must be florence you're talking about
>>
Just so you know, triggering people by writing dissenting opinions is not the only way to get replies on this site.
>>
Her music is really bad and its insulting that she has a signature guitar.

She talks like a drooling retard and makes shit up.

Her live shows are bad and painful to watch.

/mu/ only likes her because she has tits and plays guitar.

>plays guitar

if you can call it htat.
>>
>>70613532
So, basically, you hate them because you disagree with their opinions, and you even assume they're neoliberals.

Wow what a great contribution you made to this MUSIC board!
>>
File: 1465961038351.jpg (112KB, 1300x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1465961038351.jpg
112KB, 1300x1176px
>>70612560
>[Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

You are the Annie hater!
>>
>>70611445
>>70611785
>>70612560
embarrassing
>>
>>70615169
Why don't you show how it's done then?
>>
>>70613532
>They're propped up by bands of dudes from NY music schools and label money.
What does this even mean. You could say this about any musician that uses studio musicians.
>>
If I may be so daring, might I just volunteer the opinion that her music -- and you are welcome to disagree -- is boring
>>
I don't like her music and in interviews she always seems fake as fuck like pretending to be this quirky different girl. I get the same feeling with sky ferreira

That's just my opinion though
>>
what's up with all the unironic annie hate on /mu/ in this thread? it triggers me and i'm not even a waifufag
>>
>>70615718
I don't hate her, but maybe it's the fact that someone decides to make a thread about her for absolutely no fucking reason 3-4 times a day EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?
>>
I don't know why people hate her, but I think that when her being bi-sexual became very public with the Cara Delevingne thing. Those Waifu fags felt really betrayed by the relationship, and her left leaning views.

They can't get her out of their head (explains all the shitposts), but those thoughts come with the thoughts of her being in another WOMEN'S arms these torture them as nu-males because the lowest thing you can be is a liberal progressive cuck(especially on 4chan).

This looks and feels very similar to the Ricardo Lopez/Björk obsession where he got really angry over her "FUCKING A NIGGER". These people are too pussy to make a bomb. So they do the next best thing... shitpost.

That's just my theory though, this would make a good thesis.
>>
>>70607417
>>70607851
>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

http://pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
>>
>>70616741
>WOMEN'S

You are a complete fucking retard.
>>
Yes, thank you for that correction. It should be WOMAN'S arms.
>>
she was on To Be Kind so she's okay in my book

I don't otherwise care for her, I don't listen to her
>>
File: 1480698285255.jpg (75KB, 612x458px) Image search: [Google]
1480698285255.jpg
75KB, 612x458px
>>70607417
St. Vincent = Kate Bush - Talent + Signature Guitar Line
>>
>>70617217
wow what a fake bitch!!!
>>
Complete fucking crackhead.

Talentless bint masquerading as an innovator.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zUXfs2P-K7I

wow she's so bad at music.

this is now a cringe thread.
>>
she's a fag
>>
>>70607417
she sucks but she has an attitude and an image and most people are stupid as fuck
>>
>>70619551
She was so much better back then, both in music and personality.
>>
>>70608016
Lesbian totalitarian
>>
anyone have that "The defiling of Annie Clark by David "Dad Rock" Byrne" image?
It was fucking hilarious and got posted a few times a couple years back but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>70612779
Saw her live twice during her last album tour. I wouldn't be surprised if she was on 3 different drugs. Or at least she pretends to be. You could tell with her stupid fucking skits that she tryhards being some sort of savant with her cryptic bullshit stories. Besides that, I don't regret watching her at all, her live performances are sonically great
>>
does annie "st vincent" clark shave her pussy?
>>
File: st-vincent.jpg (391KB, 1505x1345px)
st-vincent.jpg
391KB, 1505x1345px
Honestly, she is perfect. The fact that she exists is mind-boggling and it really triggers my sanity and well-being. It feels weird knowing Annie Clark is present in the Universe in which I'm currently living. It really does.

Since Actor, everything she released has been critically acclaimed. It's hard to come up with any real cons in her music. She's just way too talented to release bad songs.

She already met basically all of her living idols. She can contact any musician she wants. Most great musicians and producers acknowledge the greatness that is St. Vincent.

Annie has reached a point in which she's a (well-respected) celebrity. She successfully managed to fit it in with both the normies and non-comformists alike.

That time when she lied about listening to Kate Bush doesn't matter because she got away with it; nobody aside from us 4channers know about it. She knows how to take advantage of the world, which is admirable if you ask me.

At this very moment, Annie's probably having sex with a model or a much desired celebrity. I love her so much <3
>>
>is this band good
Do you have fucking ears

This isn't a comment on her or her music, discussing music on a good/bad basis just reminds me of my autistic/OCD cousin who's constantly asking me "am I cold" or "did I like that movie". If you like it it's good and she's talented, if you don't like it it's bad and she's a hack.
>>
>>70613532
What's wrong with Angel Olsen?
>>
File: pejsuee.jpg (72KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pejsuee.jpg
72KB, 300x250px
>>70623705
nothing.
nothing's wrong with annie either.

you guys are cunts.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.