[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine cringe.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1325.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

cringe. deleted immediately, how does anybody like this fake beat poetry for white art school girls who think their lives are so hard
>>
joke is on her, jesus was actually a woman (this is the secret the church has been suppressing for centuries)

so, as a matter of fact, jesus died for patti's sins (and not mine, i'm a boy lol)
>>
>>70595587
yeah but the way she builds tension in that song is borderline orgasmic
>>
Dude shut the fuck up you're just a virgin
>>
>>70595641
I'm not a virgin. I cannot take somebody who reads Rimbaud to a crowd of punks and yells "literacy is dead!" Or something like that seriously

She's Morrissey level self absorbed
>>
>>70595661
Wow I really love when posturing nerds judge artists based on their audience, especially when they criticize lyrics that are compelling and literary relevant. Seriously, how can you listen to Land or Gloria and post this garbage about her legitimacy? She was a revelation as a lyricist and it's not even up for debate.
>>
>>70595705
She's insecure about her literacy so she covers it up by being overly literate

She is a fraud
>>
>>70595587
>judges music based on the fact that its audience also consists out of "white art school girls"
>hates any caucasian female who attends art school
>therefore, Patti Smith is a fake, a poseur, her influence is non-existent in your eyes

If you go by that logic you might as well delete or throw out half of your music library
>>
ya its art punk and its cheesy but the song in its entirety is a masterpiece.
>>
>>70595772
>cheesy
how is it cheesy at all?
>>
>>70595770
Trustfund kid detected. You are no different than a Chad in a frat
>>
>>70595869
You're 100% incorrect. And even if your guessing was right, it wouldn't invalidate anything I said in >>70595770
>>
sidenote: patti smith had the balls to go to the nobel ceremony, unlike a certain bob dylan
>>
>>70595832
I appreciate the song lyrically, but at times I can't tell if she means what she's saying or if it's supposed to be satirical (With a Them chorus thrown in"
>>
File: PattiSmith.jpg (227KB, 1351x1707px) Image search: [Google]
PattiSmith.jpg
227KB, 1351x1707px
Patti is cute!
>>
>>70595910
Bob Dylan not going is punk
>>
It's one of the best albums I've ever heard. Radio Ethiopia is excellent too.
>>
>>70596021
Dylan and Guthrie were more punk than most punks
>>
>>70595587
Thank you.
>>
reminder that muh poetri puncc is the worst punk made by people who didn't understand the music or the movement
>>
>>70597485
>not punk enough!
Shut up, if you don't want to call it punk then don't, but the quality of the music doesn't come from such labels
>>
>>70595587
That line seems unremarkable now but it was written at a time when television shows refused to even use the word "divorce." Context, mang.
>>
>>70597485
I bet you think oi oi and muh queen are punk.

>>70596021
This.

If you ever read Please Kill Me and books of that ilk, they always say Patti Smith was star-struck and just always wanted to be around whatever/whoever was 'happening,' which doesn't inherently sound bad to me.
>>
>>70595587
What?
>>
>>70595705
Saying she was a revolution is a little far
>>
The stereotype that you're making fun of Patti Smith for indulging in was originated by Patti Smith.
>>
>>70595587
>any mention of jesus in art is cringe
reddit regret ressentiment etc etc
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.