[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that evoke a feeling of nostalgia, despite never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

ITT: Albums that evoke a feeling of nostalgia, despite never listening to the album during childhood
>>
>>
File: a0498162461_10.jpg (163KB, 960x960px)
a0498162461_10.jpg
163KB, 960x960px
>>
>>70585235
>>
I can't think of an album like that for me, but somewhat understand, I've felt that way with other media. I was curious if you'd explain the feeling op, is it sensation of a place you remember, or something you think of? Maybe home, or school, or a favorite spot?
>>
>>70585401
Seconding this
>>
>>70585401
not really. certain music or sounds evoke that feeling of nostalgia for me, it may bring me back to a memorable time or place in my childhood but it doesn't remind me of something I experienced during childhood.

i know a lot of people feel this way about vaporwave music. i think it has something to do with certain sounds making you feel that sensation of childhood wonder that reminds you of the time when you were constantly experiencing that.
>>
Not an album, but I have a song that does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
>>
File: campfire.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
campfire.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
Pretty much every BoC album, but especially The Campfire Headphase and A Few Old Tunes 1.
>>
File: 128988-a.jpg (430KB, 2000x2108px) Image search: [Google]
128988-a.jpg
430KB, 2000x2108px
I get really nostalgic whenever I listen to this one. They got some recognition after their breakup and that is really sad :(
>>
File: Stgstv.png (830KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Stgstv.png
830KB, 600x600px
>>
File: ba854ac2.jpg (155KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
ba854ac2.jpg
155KB, 953x953px
>>
File: mrsjynxcat.jpg (67KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
mrsjynxcat.jpg
67KB, 350x350px
>>
Any Boards of Canada album
>>
>>70586348
I only get that feeling with the opener track, it's so beautiful
>>
>>70585401
Let me take a crack at it, anon. I think certain music (the album that OP posted is actually a great example IMO) carries a very specific emotional appeal to it. The way the songs present themselves fits a very specific feeling that you might have remembered from a long time ago. For me, Soft Bulletin invokes a feeling of looking forward to the future. Despite not listening to it in high school, it really reminds of when I *was* in high school because that was a time when I'd always be inspired and looking at the things to come.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.