[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever worn a band's t-shirt and have people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: you.jpg (39KB, 820x871px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
39KB, 820x871px
Have you ever worn a band's t-shirt and have people actually recognize it?
>>
>>70576164
Yep, wore my brown/yellow Drama Konkret shirt when getting some cake and two hipsters with huge ear piercings and skateboards looked at me in awe and said "Wow! Cooles Shirt!"

Which city do I live in?
>>
>>70576230
Rexburg, Idaho

I once got recognized for wearing a cut copy shirt, but the guy just knew the band. But it was better than nothing
>>
One time a girl complimented my Velvet Undergound & Nico shirt while I was walking to class. It caught me off guard and I said "Lou Reeeeed, right?", gave a thumbs up and immediately walked away
>>
>>70576164
I used to work in a headshop and usually just got weird comments about my shirts. Had a couple people recognize my Autechre shirt and one for my Merzbow one.
>>
I don't really wear band tees but I had a chill coworker compliment my modified bad religion blouse the one time I wore it. I work in a stuffy corporate office so that was unexpected!

When do you guys retire your tees and what do you do with them at that point?
>>
>>70576164

i had my bathory shirt on once and some old lady was like cooOOOoOoOl pentagraaaaam
>>
>>70576164
I don't really have any band shirts that people would recognize

I did however compliment someone's In Rainbows shirt at a party and he was caught off guard by it
>>
All the girls love my arctic monkeys shirt
>>
>>70576597
good 4 u
>>
>downtown chicago
>some black guy walks up to me staring at my this heat shirt
>"health and efficiency! cool!"
>i just nervously gave a thumbs up and walked away
>>
>>70576164
Is that Winston McCall?
>>
My NIN shirt by a professor last year.
>>
>walk into work
>boss confronts me
>"ohshit"
>compliments me on my wire shirt
>>
I found a super rare Toxic Twins Aerosmith shirt on ebay, bought the shit out of it and only had one dude recognize it as an Aerosmith. Felt good.

Now Aerosmith sells it on their merch store RIP.

https://store.aerosmith.com/toxic-twins-world-tour.html
>>
Had multiple qt's recognize my death grips shirt. Had a nice chat with two of them. Also got recognized by a massively overweight man at a mall who started trying to talk to me about them. Stopped wearing it out as much after that.
>>
I have a shirt with the "Meet the Residents" cover on it and this one professor at my college saw it and started asking me questions about which of the beatles is my favorite and which beatles album is best
>>
>>70576862
most people probably just think you bought it at a milo rally or something
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (112KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
112KB, 600x902px
a few months ago i was in Barnes and nobles wearing this and the cashier said "this heat.... nice" only time anyone recognized it
>>
>>70576164
had a smiths shirt, had quite a few comments.
never knew what to say because i don't even really like the smiths so i stopped wearing it.
>>
>>70576771
Same but last semester. PHM is apparently one of his fav albums
>>
two different clerks at the same CVS complimented my elliott smith shirt on separate occasions
>>
This one bald guy who was walking his dog got really excited when he saw my Jesus and Mary Chain shirt and said "Duuuuude! Awesome shirt!"

Made my day.
>>
File: arne_hessenbruch.jpg (5KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
arne_hessenbruch.jpg
5KB, 110x110px
>>70576962
>>
I have a Don't Be Scared shirt and one time this like 6 foot tall model looking black girl said "I really like your Daniel johnston shirt" I've had it happen other times with other shirts but that's the most memorable
>>
i wore an aphex twin shirt to my first gym class in college and my teacher was a huge Warp fan
he'd put on the more accessible stuff when we'd be doing warmup exercises n stuff, he was a huge bro
>>
i wore a Modern Lovers shirt to an Ought show and got hella reactions
>>
I have a Les Discrets shirt that doesn't have the logo on it, but some odd symbol along with the Ariettes artwork. Some dude asked me if it was a YOB shirt.
>>
I was at a semi-upscale pizza place and the guy working the register complimented me on my Lil Ugly Mane shirt.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.