[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The genre-hopping Lemonade was another attempt to promote her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: Lemonade.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lemonade.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
The genre-hopping Lemonade was another attempt to promote her to auteur. An industry artifact with no personality, Beyonce swings between the playful reggae of Hold Up and the gospel hymn Freedom via the piano elegy Sandcastles. Best is probably Don't Hurt Yourself, which is quintessential Aretha Franklin. The collaboration with James Blake yields two of the most boring ballads of his career. All the media hype does little to make this album more than a marketing project. In fact, it's even less musical than Beyonce. She's a mediocre singer and an awful songwriter, and no amount of production work can fully hide that. The accompanying video includes spoken-word interludes of poetry by Somali-British poet Warsan Shire.

4/10
>>
>>70546482
at least it's as good as blackstar
>>
>>70546482
Yeah, Beyonce is lame
Go back to RYM, wordy man
>>
>>70546502
lemonade is a bit better than blackstar
>>
>>70546535
this but unironically
>>
ANNIHILATED
N
N...etc
>>
>>70546554
it wasn't ironic
>>
>>70546482
>An industry artifact with no personality
The best description of Beyoncé ever written
>>
Before the inevitable "durr 600 writers on a song" argument shows up, friendly reminder that samples are included too. That's why you'll have people from Soulja Boy to OutKast credited. I don't have a very strong opinion on the album, it's more on the positive side since I've grown up listening to Beyonce, but I just wanted to get that aside.
>>
I would like Scaruffi to take my virginity
>>
>>70548700
if your age isn't on the clock, you will not take his cock
>>
>>70547405
this. the whole >muh 60 writers argument is ridiculously stupid. Yes Beyoncé doesn't write most of her songs herself, but giving writing credits is an annoying bureaucratic process since every little sample used has to be rightfully credited, resulting in long lists. And besides, who gives a shit about who wrote it, the music is there, take it for what it is.
btw lemonade sucks, but not because it has "60 writers".
>>
>>70549152
fucking kek
>>
>>70549239
>>70547405

I don't get why /mu/ sucks off MBDTF and TPAB when they have 25+ writers/producers, but when Beyonce does it it's bad for some reason?
>>
>>70549239
normally yeah but tbf a lot of the praise from this album was based upon how personal it was when its kinda hard to gauge how personal it really was when the credits are filled with so many names
>>
>>70549727
Because Kanye can, and has, proven that he can make good music without the help of 25+ writers. When he brings in a co-writer it's to build a tower on top of a mountain. When Beyonce brings in a co-writer it's to help push sand into a pile.
>>
>>70550328
>imlpying she doesn't bring in a co-writer it's to build a tower on top of a mountain as well
heyyy
that's sexist much
>>
>>70550366
But Beyonce's not a mountain, she's a beach. She and her talents are transient, shifting to stay in the realm of what's popular while never actually exhibiting any personality of any measure or worth. You can see very nice sandcastles built on her foundation, but come back the next day and it will just be a lump of sand, blown away by the shortest lapse in attention.
>>
>>70550328
>>70550437

you could literally make the same case about Kanye

Kanye is a pretty garbage rapper and in general a mediocre lyricist (first two albums aside of course)

if you take away all of Kanye's guest rappers and guest producers, you'd be left with pretty shitty albums. MBDTF wouldn't have happened if it was JUST Kanye, nor would Yeezus.
>>
>>70550522
Kanye is far less beholden to trends, he has influenced hip hop trends with at least three albums at this point
>>
>>70550437
beyonce's more like the inner city "beach" that's full of litter
>>
>>70550569

but is it really HIS influence and HIS albums, if he has so many people doing work for him?
>>
>>70550588

no
>>
>>70550588
Does a CEO not run a company if he has 1000 employees doing his bidding? Does a king not rule his land if he has 1000 serfs under him?
>>
>>70550633

false equivalency

we are talking about art
>>
>>70550633

Nigger Kanye is "run" by the CEO of his record label. Pop musicians are not kings or CEOs
>>
File: IMG_4081.jpg (127KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4081.jpg
127KB, 1364x768px
>>70546502
>>70546535
>>70546554
>>70546592

Hate to invoke the r-word but......

something fishy goin on here
>>
>>70550672
it's irrelevant since the discussion is about 2 equally reddit-tier albums
>>
>>70550750
You right.
>>
>>70546482
>The genre-hopping Lemonade was another attempt to promote her to auteur
accurate
>>
>>70546482
he's 100% correct
>>
>>70550651
We're not talking about art, we're talking about pop music. To humour you, though, should Warhol not be considered a highly influential artist because he got amphetimine riddled groupies to do his silkscreening for him? Is Kubrick less of an auteur because he got someone to hold a light for him? Is Hemmingway any less of an artist because an editor fixed the spelling mistakes in his works?
>>
>>70550633
>implying Beyoncé is not a king who rules her own land with 1000 serfs under her

https://youtu.be/8Lo5kxo6fwA
>>
>>70550841

>fixing spelling mistakes for something someone has already written themselves in full is supposed to be the same as literally hiring people to produce your instrumentals for you and write your lyrics for you

you are retarded
>>
Is The ArchAndroid the only R&B album Scaruffi ever liked?
>>
>>70552302
no. he likes erykah badu too
>>
beyonce makes music for drunk sorority girls to shake their ass too
>>
>>70550588
yes, because Kanye tells them what he wants and how he wants it. I find it plausible to compare contemporary solo artists (especially in hip hop, you could make a similar argument about Kendrick Lamar) to film directors. They direct the creation of the album. Again Kanye tells everyone he collaborates with what he wants and how he wants it, if he did not there would be no consistent theme in his albums. His collaborators have a small sphere of artistic creativity wherein they operate, but ultimately it is Kanye that takes the decisions, that includes telling your producers what to change or even completely reject something they come up with. If you read into the creation process of his last albums you'll see that happens very frequently. Plus the choice of producers itself is a creative process, as the director you know what each of the actors/cinematographers/producers/rappers/etc. that you hire is capable of and what you can get out of them. And again, each of those have artistic freedom and can bring in their own influences, but in the end it is the director/Kanye that decides if it lands on the final product. So yes I'd say Kanye's albums as a whole should be attributed to Kanye.
>>
>>70550924
>>>/buzzfeed/
>>
>>70553835

How do you know Beyonce isn't the same way with the creative process of her album(s)? Do you know her personally or something?
>>
File: o-woman-reading-facebook.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
o-woman-reading-facebook.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
>>70553168
>white people seriously believe this
>>
I'll take 'Shitty Scaruffy Review's' for 500 please, Alex.
>>
>>70554990
because Kanye personality comes trough

Beyonce don't have any
>>
>>70555017
it's true though

her new found "artistry" is a massive facade to sell more records
>>
>>70555017
>you're just too WHITE to get it

not an argument
>>
This isn't relevant music. Stop posting these troll threads.
>>
>>70546482
wtf I like scaruffi now
>>
>>70555496
le alt right meme slogan. instantly defeat the evil sjws with these three simple words.
>>
Beyonce makes meme pop for 90 IQ high schoolers, end of story. She is not a person, she's a cartoon for teenagers with no identity or talent. The sudden and openly manufactured prestige awarded to her by self-flagellating whites in the media is nothing more than affirmative action and white virtue signaling. In forty years she'll be known for a couple of singles she had at the dawn of the 21st century and her albums will be totally forgotten
>>
>>70555496
yes it is
>>
>>70555949
and you're too black to get rock
>>
>>70555967
Blacks don't understand any genre of pop music, even their own. Jazz, rock, R&B, hip hop, all the best artists of these genres are white
>>
Why is this written like some Amazon review? I hope you don't sound like this in real life.
>>
>>70556045
thank you
>>
beyonce is possibly the single worst artist of the 2010s

>"yeah girl black power don't need no man girl say whooooooooooaaaaaaaaaahoohhhhhhUHHHHHAAAAAAAHOHHH"
>>
>>70554990
What are you on man I didn't even mention Beyoncé once. This board works without ID, if it's not obviously the same anon always assume that you are replying to a different person.
To answer your question though I think there is more credit to be given to Beyoncé about Lemonade than is generally assumed on here.
>>
>>70555136
don't open that pic it'll scare the living fuck out of you
>>
>>70556096
>needs white male help to write songs

again this bitch is a fucking fraud
>>
She got a nice thicc ass and that's all that matters.
>>
File: 1449270215960.png (34KB, 551x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449270215960.png
34KB, 551x300px
>>70555136
>>70556151
>>
1. Solange – A Seat At The Table
2. Beyonce - Lemonade
3. Young Thug - I'm Up
4. Anohni - Hopelessnes
5. Noname - Telefone
6. Jenny Hval – Blood Bitch
7. Rihanna - Anti
8. Yves Tumor – Serpent Music
9. Gaika – Security
10. Jessy Lanza - Oh No
11. The Chainsmokers - Collage
12. YG - Fuck Donald Trump
13. Kanye West – The Life of Pablo
14. Travis Scott - Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight
15. Babyfather – BBF Hosted By DJ Escrow
16. Future - Purple Reign
17. Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway
18. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – EARS
19. A Tribe Called Quest – We Got It From Here...Thank You 4 Your Service
20. Desiigner - New English
21. Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book
22. James Ferraro - Human Story 3
23. Kendrick Lamar – Untitled Unmastered
24. Rae Sremmurd - SremmLife 2
25. Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
26. Kaytranada - 99%
27. Steve Gunn – Eyes On The Lines
28. The Weeknd - STARBOY
29. Matmos – Ultimate Care II
30. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
31. M83 - Junk
32. Aye Nako - The Blackest Eye
33. Elysia Crampton – Elysia Crampton Presents: Demon City
34. Anderson .Paak - Malibu
35. Kero Kero Bonito - Bonito Generation
36. Blink-182 - California
37. Skepta – Konnichiwa
38. Yung Lean - Warlord
39. Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct
40. Lady Gaga - Joanne
41. Die Antwoord - Mount Ninji and Da Nice Time Kid
42. Post Malone - Stoney
43. Frank Ocean – Blonde
44. Kevin Gates - Islah
45. Deadmau5 - W:/2016ALBUM/
46. Young Thug - Jeffery
47. Jackie Lynn – Jackie Lynn
48. David Bowie – Blackstar
49. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - This Unruly Mess I’ve Made
50. Drake - Views
>>
>>70555866
This is very false. People who love Beyoncé will pass her albums down to their kids who will pass them down to their kids. Whether you like her or not.
>>
>>70556460
Is this supposed to be a bait list or something? Many of these albums are good tho
>>
>>70556460
The chainsmokers? Really?
>>
>>70550588
Yes, because it's HIS artistic vision.
>>
>>70553835
>>70555087

I like Beyonce as a singer but she's not anywhere near the kind of level of music artist that Kanye is
>>
>>70557722
how so? just because /mu/ told you?
they're literally on the same level
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.