[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On FL Studio, how can you add effects on something you recorded.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

On FL Studio, how can you add effects on something you recorded. I recorded a beat from my external drum machine to FL Studio and I want to use the equalizer. How can I do it?
>>
>>70539682
Why would you use FL Studio instead of Ableton
>>
>>70539735
Why would I use Ableton instead of FL Studio?
>>
>>70539682
you need to put the eq as an insert on the mixer channel where your drums are
>>
>>70539931
The drums only come out out of the master. Same for the vocals. Whatever I record, I can only add effects to the master.
>>
>>70539735
>why don't you spend 600$ dollars for making bland bleeps and bloops?
>>
>>70540112
it probably sends to master output by default and you have to manually route them to their own tracks
>>
>>70540269
Before recording? or I can route them after?
>>
heres a better question. how can i get fl studio for free
>>
>>70540209
lol who spends money on a DAW
>>
>>70540384
fucking google it, you do know how to use the internet don't you? piece of shit baby needs anon to hold his hand
>>
>>70540476
I need anon to hold my BoFA, actually.
>>
>>70540347
you would have to route them before so they record to different channels so you can apply your eq on the channels seperatly
>>
>>70540498
To do so, do I record into the playlist, or into the edison?
>>
>>70540572
either should work the difference is edison records to ram and then you export from edison to playlist and recording from playlist records directly to the HD
>>
>>70540682
Before I hit record, I route my drum machine to insert 1, but after recording, the name change from insert 1 to Rec, and when I hit play, I don't hear it from Rec, the sound only comes out from Master.
>>
this is probably gonna sound like such an asshole reply but honestly FL has one of the best help manuals of any software.
leave the channel / mixer window open and hit F1, FL should try to jump straight to the most relevant page.
If you're alright with putting in the time to read through a few pages of that manual can't say it'll make you a better musician but it'll make getting shit done a lot easier.
>>
i'm still using FL11 cuz i never really saw a reason to upgrade, so don't know if it still works the same way but what i'd do is open the 'channel settings' window for your drum track by clicking the drums in the pattern selector (f6).
Then in the channel settings window, in the top right there's a box with either a number or '--' and the word FX beneath - that's your routing. Just drag that up to a number that corresponds w/ a new mixer channel and put your effects on there.
>>
if what you're trying to do is route a channel away from the master & to a different hardware output, select the relevant channel in the mixer and look at the bottom right of the section which holds the effects - at the bottom it should say OUT (none). Just change that to your desired output.
& then if you want to route it away from the master just click on the up arrow in the master's channel while the drum's channel is selected, that should disable that particular routing.
>>
>>70541021
Yeah it worked, thanks. Not really sure how it works but I got what I needed.
>>
>>70541153
awesome, glad i (maybe?) helped
but seriously though, check out that f1 sometime - when i was new to fl i read probably the whole thing over a month or so and imo it made a huge difference
>>
link the sound to a mixer channel then drop in an FL EQ or whatever it's called in one of the FX slots
>>
>>70541185
I'm looking at video tutorial, but the manual is probably the best option. Thanks again, you definitely helped me, now I'll read the manual to fully understand.
>>
>>70539682

compile gentoo

then install bitwig

then make some wunderbar hyperindustrial techno you kraut
>>
Why was it so complicated to explain such a simple thing to this guy? Everyone on 4chan is so stupid
>>
>>70539682
Double click the track. Click the top right of it, the little triangle iirc. Then click assign free mixer track. Then add your equalizer as an effect.
>>
>>70540492
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3L2qfXUTuUrS2NOTmRPdGZ6REk?usp=sharing
>>
>>70543025

i would install this but im afraid of giving my computer aids
>>
>>70543515
I used it to install fl studio on my own computer, but I originally got it from a torrent somewhere a while back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.