[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey it's me, the most underrated Beatles album. I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: BeatlesForSale.jpg (157KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
BeatlesForSale.jpg
157KB, 1220x1220px
Hey it's me, the most underrated Beatles album. I heard you talking shit about me. What do you have to say for yourself?
>>
>>70531189
>>
Not worthy of being saved.
>>
It's their best pre-Revolver.
>>
OH HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE
>>
>>70531189
I'll give you one thing, Mr.Sales.

At least you're not Please Please Me.
>>
Just pointing out that this album starts with one of their all time best three song runs: No Reply, I'm a Loser, and Baby's in Black (my new favorite).
>>
>>70531189
gr8 album anon. Baby's In Black is a 10/10, as is I'll Follow the Sun. Best Pre Rubber Soul
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>70531269
>not Rubber Soul
>>
its bad
>>
>>70531269
What is Rubber Soul
>>
Well it probably is their weakest unless you count yellow submarine, but it's still pretty good no doubt about it. I'll follow the sun is one of their most beautiful songs and that first few track run as an earlier anon said is top tier
>>
>>70531474
>>70531522
Mostly filler, ends on the worst song in their catalog.
>>
>>70531498
Only if you have a problem with covers. They rock the shit out of Chuck Berry's Rock n Roll music.
>>
>>70531586
I don't think you know what filler is. Filler is not songs you don't like. Filler is when a band puts a track that doesn't fit on an album to make it long enough to be published as an lp.
Rubber Soul is widely acknowledged as a turning point in their discog where they started to place more emphasis on making whole cohesive projects.
There are, however, some pretty clear examples of filler on early Beatles albums like all the Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and Carl Perkins covers that they don't really do anything interesting with and which were mostly leftovers from when they used to gig around clubs.
>>
It has one of the best Harrison Songs (which is actually a Carl Perkins cover). That's it.
>>
>>70531749
yeah this is true

Rubber Soul is actually historically notable for its lack of filler
>>
File: 64_the_city_640.jpg (139KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
64_the_city_640.jpg
139KB, 640x640px
*quietly sipping tea in the corner always being the better band*

Face it, Keith was better than Ringo, Pete was better than the three of them combined, John was John Fucking Entwistle, and Roger was...Roger i guess he's sort of the weakest link
>>
>>70531749
Oh, and it's also worth noting that filler doesn't have to be songs you don't like either. I can think of plenty examples of songs that didn't really belong on the album they were put on but which are pretty good nonetheless.
>>
this is one of my favorite early Beatles albums
No Reply is better than a lot of songs on Rubber Soul imo
>>
>>70531877
no way
>>
>>70531877
If you think Keith is better than Ringo, just listen to "Ticket to Ride."
>>
>>70531189
You even admitted yourself that you'require a loser, go home Beatles for Sale. No-one likes you.
>>
>>70532727
*you're
>>
File: delet this.jpg (42KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
42KB, 500x376px
>>70531586
>>
>>70531877
John and Paul were better songwriters by the start of their career than Pete at the start of his.
>>
This was always my least favorite Beatles album (I don't count yellow sub) but over the years it has endeared itself to me. No Reply and I'm a Loser are amazing and Dylanesque. Baby's in Black, I'll Follow the Sun, Eight Days a Week, Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby (though a cover) are all excellent.

You can hear their sound start to evolve here.
>>
You can't argue that it isn't their most uneven album, though. I mean, come on: I'll Follow The Sun, then fucking Mr. Moonlight
>>
>>70534450
You're right of course, but the highs are so high it doesn't matter very much
>>
>>70531877
is the guy on the left photoshopped?
>>
>>70534450
Most of the covers weigh it down, but their are plenty of beautiful original moments scattered throughout. What You're Doing has always been a favorite of mine.
Mr. Moonlight isn't that bad though.
>>
>>70531877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HTTb7A5j4
>>
>>70531877
Ringo was a highly-esteemed and seasoned veteran in the Liverpool scene years before Keith learned to vent his ADHD by pummeling a drum kit.
>>
>>70533693
My dad had With the Beatles and Beatles For Sale on a CD-R that used to be played all the time on road trips. As a result both albums, especially the former, are very dear to me.
>>
>No Reply
>I'm a Loser
>Baby's in Black

Name a better opening trio in the Beatles' catalogue
>>
>>70535463
I can't
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.