[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate is having a surprise birthday party for a girl friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1909.jpg (51KB, 306x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1909.jpg
51KB, 306x370px
My roommate is having a surprise birthday party for a girl friend of ours and that means normie girls are gonna be coming in droves to our place. I've got a little playlist of stuff I know would go over well. You guys wanna throw me some recs for this scenario?
>>
Lorde Taylor Swift Arctic Monkeys Mumford & Sons Lady Gaga Cage The Elephant OutKast Sublime
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvd3tTGKl7E
>>
if you dont live in some weird backwater hovel then you might as well play some normie hip hop party playlist because everything else would be less socially acceptable. resist the urge to be alternative about your music choice.
>>
I put a lot of Neon Indian and M83 sprinkled with some classic hip hop like Juicy, Big Pimpin, NY State of Mind then a bunch of Kanye West's older stuff. As well as 2 songs from Childish Gambino's new album, then some newer shit like the Denzel Curry song everyone likes. Should I put that bad and bougee song in there? I know everyone likes that lately
>>
>>70525669
Why is she biting FKA twigs stuff so hard?
>>
>>70525776
I was looking into playing some fka twigs what do you guys think? How bout Justice? I added some old Lanye but I never listened to Pablo anything people like off that at parties?
>>
>>70525675
This. Here is normie/white girl core hip hop/r&b for you

>The Weeknd
>Anything by OVO sound (Drake, Party etc)
>Backpack rappers like Gambino, Chance
>Kanye
>Travis Scott
>Gucci Mane (His new stuff, for when you need to get the party "LIT")
>Anderson Paak
>Future
>Schoolboy Q
>Kendrick (Only the fun stuff/big singles. Avoid the social commentary)
>Major female R&B stars (Beyonce, Rihanna etc)r
>Rap classics to round it out, major hits by Biggie, Dre, Snoop etc. Songs that everyone has heard a million times.

If you stick to this I guarantee you won't sperg and fuck the party up.
>>
>>70525803

what are backpack rappers?
>>
>>70525836
Backpack just means that people that don't normally like the genre can get into it. It's a weak synonym to "accessible" in this context.
>>
>>70525800
yeah man add Pendulum by her and Alakazam ! by Justice
>>
>>70525675
>>70525732
>>70525803
>cRap

This but not for the reason you think OP. As this music plays survey the crowd to see which girls are really into it and which girls are kind of mellow about it

Ignore all the girls who like it and go after the ones that don't. Better yet kick out the ones that do like it

Best of luck, I'm jealous of your opportunity
>>
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg (725KB, 1987x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg
725KB, 1987x3000px
>>70525836
Soft, conscious (but not politically aggressive), alternative types who don't rap about the street life or try to portray a hyper masculine image.
>>
I put a song on from RTJ3 mistake?
>>
>>70525919
No that's fine
>>
File: smug1.png (499KB, 831x831px) Image search: [Google]
smug1.png
499KB, 831x831px
>>70525879
lol it's like you want to vicariously live out this fantasy through OP of having women to choose from and it's framed by your superiority complex.

>>70525919
literally just pick a playlist from spotify. ideally every song should have gotten some radio play, everything else will put people off because people want things that are familiar and comfortable. its far far more likely that some girl is going to be disappointed with your curated playlist than come up to you all doe-eyed asking for the track id. every second of french house or synth pop is a second that could have been 679, ignition remix, or feeling myself.
>>
>>70526045
I'm trying to tread a middle ground and I put the usual ignition, say my name, and crazy in love type songs in there but I added some 90s hip hop and there's really no catch all playlist everything. I mean I think they might even get bored if I picked a pre made generic playlist, but who knows. Most of the stuff I put on here is not stuff I listen to but I'd rather a-punk, hey ya, and classic rap like see and snoop than all nicki Minaj and that trash.
>>
Play some Coltrane. Bitches love Coltrane
>>
>>70526252
I fuckin wish.
>>
Play a full throbbing gristle album and get mad defensive whenever someone says something about it
>>
>>70525800
networking by the knife
>>
>>70526363
I'll just blast Beethoven's 9th on a loop until everyone leaves
>>
Spike the punch with acid wait 30 mins then play I Care Because You Do
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.