[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In honor of today's historical and cultural significance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

In honor of today's historical and cultural significance, can we have a thread on intelligent and progressive pop music? Preferably records and releases with a pink cover
>>
File: b02cb19b.jpg (74KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
b02cb19b.jpg
74KB, 620x620px
>>70516407
here u go
>>
File: cover.jpg (199KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
199KB, 620x620px
>>70516407
Let's discuss the pop AOTY 2012, Visions. What are your fave songs from it? Do you like all tracks? What is the most emotional moment from this album? Do you expect Grimes to make Visions 2 at some point in the future? Do you have the vinyl edition of this album?
>>
>>70516473
Unfortunately Ariel Pink isn't progressive
>>
File: 14522-psychic-9-5-club.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14522-psychic-9-5-club.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>70516498
how so?

heres another
>>
>today's historical and cultural significance
what?
>>
>>70516529
He recycles ancient and well-established pop trends and frequently engages in misogynistic rhetoric i.e. he's a conservative, not progressive, intelligent and forward-thinking like the OP asked for
>>
>>70516573
>He recycles ancient and well-established pop trends
thats everybody but sure i'll give u that

> frequently engages in misogynistic rhetoric i.e. he's a conservative, not progressive, intelligent and forward-thinking like the OP asked
none of that is true my friend
>>
>>70516554
The massive civil rights demonstrations across the planet
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
heres another one and one of my fav pop albums of this decade
>>
>>70516407
is that a man or a woman?
>>
File: 220px-Jewellery_300.jpg (29KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Jewellery_300.jpg
29KB, 220x220px
enjoyed this album more than visions tbqh. vastly underrated
>>
>>70516671
Visions is much, much better. That album you posted lacks good songwriting.
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
this is so fucking good. one of the most unique pop albums ever made
>>70516717
grimes isn't known for her good songwriting either but its cool that you like visions more. i personally don't!
>>
>>70516745
>grimes isn't known for her good songwriting either
What? She's very known for her songwriting talent. Oblivion, Genesis, Realiti, Flesh Without Blood, Weregild, Symphonia IX, Butterfly, Artangels, Be a Body, etc they're all extremely well composed songs.
>>
>>70517119
> they're all extremely well composed songs.
sound wise sure
lyric wise no. majority of those songs are basically inaudible
I like that album anyway but not for the songwriting
>>
make a better thread and maybe you'll get better replies
>>
>>70516407
lol shut the fuck up, your warthog march is pointless and only shows how dumb women are
>>
>>70517162
Lyrics are just a small part of the songwriting. The melodies, rhythm, percussion, voice, are much more important.
>>
File: Anomie Disocgraphy.jpg (22KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
Anomie Disocgraphy.jpg
22KB, 300x271px
Here is the real progressive music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ShPpmLugs
>>
>>70516407
If you want to be progressive and honor today, then get the fuck off /mu/ you retard.
>>
>>70516638
nice
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.