[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to be a musician >buy a guitar >music theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1138.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>want to be a musician
>buy a guitar
>music theory is hard. what the fuck is a chord or scale
>throw away guitar, no longer want to be a musician
>>
when will musicucks learn? your race is calling to you. go to college and get a business degree for god emperor trump
>>
>theory
>scales
>chords
I refuse to learn this bullshit. REAL music comes from the heart, not from some college textbook.
>>
>>70511108
your brain really composed this sentence
you need help
>>
>>70511137
Sigh... You have no idea what music theory really is, do you? Or are you just shitposting for the sake of it?
>>
>>70511137
how are you gonna sweep if you dont know scales?
>>
>>70511158
Sigh...*upvotes*
>>
>How can I speak if I don't know a language

Just play from the heart OP. let it come to you
>>
or r u the type of dipshit to spend 100k to learn someshit you can learn from a friend in like 20 minutes? how about i teach you the scales and you give me the 100k would that work?
>>
>want to be the next arca
>pirate ableton live
>spend hours downloading soundpacks
>open up ableton live and mess around for 30minutes
>get bored
>go fap and resume listening to music
everytime
>>
>>70511214
>buy expensive midi
>still sitting there
>>
>>70511186
Nobody goes to any uni for knowledge. If you're going to an education facility for anything other than a piece of paper, you're an absolute fucking idiot. Literally everything they teach is freely available online, in a much more comprehensible manner.
>>
I get that a lot of these posts are meant to be jokes but the "theory just hinders you" idea is so shockingly stupid and so many people genuinely believe it
>>
>>70511254
>a piece of paper
i cant tell who's blinder
>>
>>70511137
lmao 8.2 best new troll opinion
>>
>>70511173
Great argument.
>>
>>70511274
Type "how to program in C sharp" into google.
Congratulations' you've now leanred more in a single month of self-teaching that a university could offer you in an entire year.
>>
>>70511315
>C#
Maybe if you want to learn the GoAnimate of programming
>>
>>70511269
t. someone trying to find justification for all that time learning theory (when there's nothing theoretical about music - music is real)
>>
>>70511089
Its really not that hard

Just keep practicing after 20 or so years you get a pretty decent grip on it
>>
>>70511214
Are you me?
>>
>>70511315
im taking about your degree dipshit
its fucking useless
you threw 4 years of your life away to get cucked
>>
>>70511353
Have fun sounding like The Shaggs
>>
>>70511158

What is music theory
>>
>>70511352
Is that supposed to be a dig at me? You do realise this is the standard shit they spend the entire first year teaching you, you dumb fuck? Congratulations you just defeated your own argument.
>>70511371
That's what I'm saying you illiterate twit. Getting fucked and cucked and a "piece of paper for thousands of dollars/eurobucks" is pretty synonymous.
>>
>>70511254
>Literally everything they teach is freely available online, in a much more comprehensible manner.
If you pick a simple major.
>>
>>70511402
Nah they usually start with Java
>>
>>70511420
Yeah STEM fields are pretty well known for being simple as shit
>>70511439
second year
>>
>>70511315
There is a lot more to programming than just learning the language. You are an idiot. Some of us want to program more than just basic shit.
>>
>>70511458
>Some of us want to program more than just basic shit.
That's why you don't rely on a uni education to teach you anything.
>>
>>70511451
>STEM
>all of the advanced shit is online
>thinks learning how to program just means learning the language
Have fun being nothing but a code monkey.
>>
>>70511108
This but unironically.
>>
>>70511477
Maybe you should have just gone into a non-shit program instead of one meant to just imflate a unis stem numbers. Don't get a CS degree outside of the engineering department you idiot.
>>
>>70511496
You never actually got a higher education in a tech field, did you? I mean there's no way you go on spewing such dumb shit without realising that unless you go out of your way to find other sources of learning, uni does absolutely nothing but prepare you to be
>nothing but a code monkey.
>>
>>70511386
Music theory is a (study of) the theoretical aspects of music and its notation. It's not this monster that you make it out to be. Music theory isn't there to limit you and your creativity and expression, it's there to make you better understand what you're playing and how it is related and what is related to. Learning about it can only benefit you.
>>
>>70511496
the only thing you can't do online is academic research, which tends to be gay as hell and boring
>>
>>70511553
You went to a shit program. That's your own fault.
>>
>>70511565
>t. code monkey
>>
>>70511582
t. security researcher
>>
>>70511570
>you went to a shit program
No I didn't, and I had mates from many different programs, going through the same shit. You're clearly a clueless fucking idiot with absolutely no life experience or going through the same shit and in a terrible case of denial.
>>
>>70511556
...what it is related to*
>>
>>70511089
>music theory
>hard to learn
Choose one
>>
>>70511598
Insults from code monkeys aren't very offensive.

>>70511601
>I was too dumb to get into a good program ata good school
>that means everyone else is too
You probably didnt even go past undergrad either.
>>
>>70511647
Show some of the projects and requirements from your first two years of uni then, I'm sure it's some top tier brain surgery shit :^)
>>
>>70511556

How long does it take to learn this..."music theory"?
>>
>>70511679
>I was too stupid to test out of the first year courses
Man you really have it figured out don't you?

For anyone else that isn't an idiot like this guy you can go to your department head and test out of courses if you already know how to program. You can do the same for math courses as well.
>>
>>70511137
>being this stupid.

i hope this is bait
>>
>>70511733
Still waiting mate. Or is shit flinging the only thing you're competent at?
>>
>>70511683
Start with the basics for your instrument and learn what you think is necessary. It can be overwhelming, so, let smaller "goals". Don't start by learning jazz theory without any prior knowledge of music theory, because it will just scare you away.
>>
>>70511757
>not being a retard is shit flinging
I'm sure you did great learning on your own when you couldn't even test out of courses.
>>
>>70511770
...set smaller goals*
And to add to my previous post, start by learning intervals on your instrument (if you play one).
>>
>>70511789
Great backup to your shit assertions you sure have everyone convinced.
>>
>>70511108
>wanting to become part of the bourgeoisie
kys
>>
>>70511807
>I can learn all of this online but I still wasn't able to test out of my first year courses
Man people should really take life advice from you.
>>
>>70511303
i'm not that guy and i agree with you on music theory, but

fuck off reddit shit
>>
>>70511163
>>70511742
he may be trolling but I've seen people who really think like this
>>
>>70511893
>fuck off reddit shit
What?
>>
>>70511647
I wasn't insulting you, I was telling you, I do security research at my uni.
>>
>>70511679
Did you drop out after two years or something? Why would you judge how advanced a degree goes based off of the first two years?
>>
>>70511959
>>>/r/eddit
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.