[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's just some guy strumming simple chords on guitar, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: cover.jpg (272KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
272KB, 1000x1000px
It's just some guy strumming simple chords on guitar, why do posers think this is a masterpiece?
>>
>>70507533
If it's like Campfire Songs, I'll give it a listen
>>
I like the big long song structures where flows really steadily and naturally between different styles of song, emotion, speed and intensity. It's very dynamic.

The kind of melodies you hear are not the sort you'd normally hear in a folk album, it sounds kind of indian and mystical.

Try listening to the song "voice of the turtle"

I'm no expert on fingerstyle but I think this album is good
>>
>>70507606
lol just shut the fuck up u cuck
>>
>>70507614
ah now i see
you cant enjoy the album because you are a retard
>>
File: itaots.jpg (238KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
itaots.jpg
238KB, 1000x1000px
It's just some guy strumming simple chords on guitar, why do posers think this is a masterpiece?
>>
File: 1448464891299.jpg (10KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1448464891299.jpg
10KB, 202x184px
>>70507719
made me chuckle
>>
Stringy strangy suck my wangy
>>
>>70507533
It's like 95% fingerpicked, and he plays anything but "simple chords".

Pretty much what this >>70507606 guy said. It seeks to accomplish the same things as ambient/dronish kind of music, except only with an acoustic guitar. The fact that the album might seem so simple on paper and yet be so engaging and emotional in practice is honestly just a testament to its strength.
>>
>>70507614
>cuck
words have no meaning anymore
>>
because piero said so you stupid pleb
>>
File: 1469378024942.jpg (14KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469378024942.jpg
14KB, 300x250px
>It's just some guy playing an instrument who cares XD
>>
when do the lyrics start?
>>
>>70507533

I wish I could find you and beat you to death
>>
Pretty much people who don't know shit about music theory will tell you it's "great"
see >>70507606
>>
John Fahey is the Herman Melville of folk music.

If there's anything such as pure Americana, it's this.
>>
>>70508141
>>70507843
>>70508290
t. triggered posers
>>
>>70508313

elaborate
>>
>>70508313
lol what, if anything this is by far Fahey's most interesting album from a compositional perspective?

What specifically about its theory is bad?
>>
>>70507533
even though i don't give a shit about this album the concept of shitting on "poseurcore" on this board was a step in the wrong direction. just another way to make /mu/ more accessible to teens and retards from fantano or reddit and less elitist, something that 4chan should always be
>>
>>70509396
except John Fahey isn't even poseurcore

even Pete Townshend thinks he's a genius.
>>
>>70508313
But it's not about theory though! It's works more with the psychoacoustics of minimalism through delivery/performance than it does having theoretically complex progressions. Due to the pinpoint accuracy required of theoretically complex works in jazz and classical, they can't do something like this with a solo guitar. And even then, it's also that much tougher to analyze the work in traditional western musical theory since he often switches back and forth between that stuff, established folk standards, and Indian ragas.
>>
>>70511009
yea yeah all subjective feelie weelies that dont mean anything

gob2reddit kid
>>
>>70511040
That's obviously not what he said. If you can't actually articulate why you disagree then you need to stop posting.
>>
>>70511040
>minimalism
>microtonality
>actual theory from east/west
>subjective
Common era kiddie BTFO
>>
Fahey is one of those people you have to really try hard not to enjoy. There's nothing really negative you can say about him without just being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
Fahey is one of those people you have to be molested by your own father to enjoy
>>
>>70507533
...what
how much of the time does fahey just straight up strum chords
>>
>>70512133
wew
>>
>>70507533
*POSEUR

Also, all of the following Fahey albums are better than that one:
Days Have Gone By
The Yellow Princess
Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes
America
Requia
The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death
>>
>>70512841
>The Yellow Princess
>Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes
>Requia
>The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death
no

>America
on par

>Days Have Gone By
yes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.