[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never really used samplers/software for music, I mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: AkaiMPC500Sampler.jpg (21KB, 520x391px) Image search: [Google]
AkaiMPC500Sampler.jpg
21KB, 520x391px
I've never really used samplers/software for music, I mostly stick to hard physical instruments, so this is probably going to be a retarded question, but...

Is there a way to use a sampler without having to have it connected to a computer or something? Like would I be able to load sounds on it and use it on it's own?
>>
Have a look if it has speaker ports and how much memory it has and if it takes a memory expansion.

I think it can be done as I've seen performers using samplers as instruments as if they were drum pads.
>>
>>70506215
I own an MPC 1000. Which is actually what your picture is of. The main reason i got it was so i didnt have to be hooked up to a PC.

It isnt battery powered or anything so youve gotta still be plugged in to a wall but its fantastic.

You can either load sounds onto a card and then put the card in and also you can just plug your phone in or anything else and record samples onto it off your phone.

Quite neat for something from like 2003
>>
>>70506342
Cool, that's what I'm looking for. I don't want something super expensive though. All I need is a sampler that has internal memory and can loop a beat that isn't really expensive. I feel like this isn't asking for much but I can't find anything like this
>>
>>70506380
roland sp series, mpc's, korg electribe samplers (or even the volca if you need it to be really cheap) etc. there are a lot of things that will do what you want
>>
look into the sp404sx
it does everything you want it to.
all recorded samples are stored onto an SD card, so its easy to extract sounds and to put sounds onto it.
and the thing can be run on batteries so it is portable.
>>
>>70506410
The volca sampler might be my best bet I think. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a sampler because I'll honestly just be using it as a drum machine and most drum machines I've tried out in my price range are ok, but the preset sounds get tiresome and they always feel kind of limiting, so I want a sampler so I can upload different sounds whenever I want.

I'm skeptical of the volca's price though. All the reviews I've seen say the volca is good and they have very few complaints about it. Has anyone here had any experience with it?
>>
>>70506524
the volca is very small and has tiny knobs. i wouldn't recommend it to work on and make music but since you just want to play loops i doubt youll have an issue. if you feel weird about it there is also this for just a little more
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/akai-professional-mpx16-sampler?pfm=item_page.rr1?pfm=ac-a
>>
>>70506524
>>70506560
or this https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPX8
>>
>>70506580
I was looking at this one but it doesn't allow to set loops. I'd have to connect another device through midi or have it connected to a computer, which defeats the purpose of what I'm looking for

>>70506560
This one looks like it might be able to record loops, but I'm not sure. I'm going to look into it a bit further because if it can loop, this is perfect. If anyone else knows already, let me know
>>
>>70506626
the mpx8 can loop. you just have to set the pad to trigger that way. (i just looked this up in the manual)
>>
>>70506655
Where do you see that? All I see is a mention of a downloadable loop library but I can't find anywhere that actually explains what that is
>>
>>70506775
under the section where it explains "trigger" settings in regards to the screen. 6th page of the manual
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.