[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of this and the band in general anons? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: The_Jam_-_In_the_City.jpg (23KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Jam_-_In_the_City.jpg
23KB, 301x300px
What do you think of this and the band in general anons?
I think they are the patrician punk band
>Inb4 mod revival
>>
i really like that one song about going underground
>>
Great band. Best songs:

>When You're Young
>Town Called Malice
>"A" Bomb in Wardour Street
>Butterfly Collector
>The Eton Rifles
>Start!
>That's Entertainment
>Just Who is the 5 O'Clock Hero?
>English Rose
>>
Clash or The Jam?
Who's the superior group?
>>
Good band, that album in particular

>>70498460
tough call, but Clash
>>
>>70498460
I love both but it has to be The Clash, by a pretty big distance too. Far more versatile, better songwriters, a bassist who churned out god tier bassline after god tier bassline, and finally The Jam had a handful of very good albums but no clear masterpieces.
>>
>>70498460
Clash are hot topic tier
complete garbage

5/5 albums

All Mod Cons (1978)
Setting Sons (1979)
Sound Affects (1980)
>>
I LOVE The Jam!
I was one of the few U.S. fans back in the late 70s-early 80s and drove everyone up the wall w/my obsession with them.

Saw both The Setting Sons and The Gift tours when they came to my town.

They never put out a bad album ever. Even The Gift is good in spite of and despite the fact that it was a change in musical direction and signaled the end of The Jam and the start (Pun intended) of The Style Council.

Setting Sons is still a work of pure genius in my opinion.

>>70498460
The Jam is the far superior group.
The Clash kept changing musical styles and not necessarily for the better while The Jam remained consistent up to The Gift.

Sorry but The Jam were MODS NOT PUNK! (Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that but even Paul Weller would tell you the same!)
>>
>>70499775
God damn I want one of those blazers they're wearing
>>
File: Get The Knack.jpg (113KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
Get The Knack.jpg
113KB, 592x592px
>>70498353
I love the Jam, but I can't help feeling that theyre just the English version of The Knack. Or vice versa.
>>
>>70498353
The Jam is great
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.