[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So like are there non-waifu fags here who genuinely think this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: Grimes_-_Art_Angels.png (145KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Grimes_-_Art_Angels.png
145KB, 300x300px
So like are there non-waifu fags here who genuinely think this is good? I thought Visions was halfway decent and I was lead to believe this was going to be better. Dear God, it's so boring. It's that thing where it's so rudimentary that it actually makes you nauseous. Like drinking warm water or some shit. The only tracks that stood out to me were 1, 6, and 12. The first track sets a great tone - which is immediately fucked by the next one - and 6 and 12 are the only the only ones that have some attitude and character to them, the only ones where Grimes seems like she gives a shit about what she's saying. EVERYTHING ELSE is the most 5/10 take-it-or-leave-it crap I've heard in a long time.
>>
>>70488486
>So like are there non-waifu fags here who genuinely think this is good?
me
it's one of my favorite albums of that year
>>
I'd give it a 5 or 6/10

It's a chore to get through
>>
>>70488486
I like visions and her poorly recorded stuff off halfaxa
AA is the album she wanted to make with funding and I don't really care for it. some songs are good rest are meh
>>
>>70488486
There's songs I like but I do want to kill myself on a few songs
>California is the worst song she ever wrote
>>
>>70488549
>>California is the worst song she ever wrote
how so?
>>
>>70488549
California is a good song.
>>
>>70488567
>lyrics are bad
>California
You only like me when you think I'm looking sad
California
I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad ^Basic and extremely lack luster chorus ex.
> an extremely annoying hold on the California lyric
> i kind of like the watery shit at first then they strip it into a very rudimentary and not-catchy synth line
> the intro isn't bad but then when it gets farther into the song its attempt at bubble gum pop fails because it's just not catchy or meaningful
>>
its a pretty crappy album, i don't get the hype. Visions was way better and even then, its not a masterpiece by any means.
>>
>>70488511
Well how do you think it compares to her other stuff? I thought Visions was interesting because it combined a very electronic synth aesthetic with eerie ethereal, sometimes even folksy, vocals - COMPLEMENTED I would say by the amateurish feel of the production. Its biggest weakness was the composition from a musical standpoint.

On AA all that intrigue is GONE and we're left with nothing but her mediocre-as-fuck songwriting ability and talent.
>>
File: tw.png (65KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
tw.png
65KB, 500x346px
>>70488486
That's just your shitty opinion. AA is actually great and very detailed. You're boring, buddy. The problem is yours.
>>
>>70488654
>it's just not catchy
for you

>or meaningful
there's a meaning behind the lyrics, it's literally a song about p4k and other media
>>
>>70488516
>It's a chore to get through
>a super catchy album is a chore
WTF is wrong with you?
>>
>>70488722
>there's a meaning behind the lyrics, it's literally a song about p4k and other media
citation needed
>>
>>70488719
I said NON-waifu fags. I know you're one of them because you're posting those images from your most precious folder that you constantly recycle.
>>
>>70488713
>On AA all that intrigue is GONE and we're left with nothing but her mediocre-as-fuck songwriting ability and talent.
Bullshit. Her songwriting is top notch, every single song is interesting. You just don't understand it.
>>
>>70488778
then explain it to me
>>
>>70488761
>posting a screenshot from twitter = waifufag according to this dipshit
You're shit and your opinions are shit too. Stop talking about things you don't understand, pleb.
>>
>>70488713
>Well how do you think it compares to her other stuff?
easily ;)

>I thought Visions was interesting because it combined a very electronic synth aesthetic with eerie ethereal, sometimes even folksy, vocals
I never liked Visions much, it's her the most overrated album
everything she made on Visions she made better on Halfaxa and Art Angels

>On AA all that intrigue is GONE and we're left with nothing but her mediocre-as-fuck songwriting ability and talent.
I don't agree with that since I liked pretty much every song on this album
>>
>>70488800
There's nothing to explain, just use your ears and brain. Start with the catchiest song from the album, Realiti. BUT: if you dislike melodic music I'm afraid this album is not for you. Simple as that.
>>
>>70488778
Explain it then, Bangs

>>70488807
Go back to your containment thread. The adults are trying to talk.
>>
>>70488807
>screenshot saved from 2 years ago
thats creepy you keep that stuff on your pc saved for 4chan threads
>>
>>70488835
>There's nothing to explain, just use your ears and brain
aka you don't know why its good. explain to me in detail why each song has good songwriting
If this was college you would get an F for such a vague statement
you said in your own words "Her songwriting is top notch, every single song is interesting. You just don't understand it"
Explain what im not understanding
>>
>>70488828
>everything she made on Visions she made better on Halfaxa and Art Angels
But Visions is her masterpiece. What is not to like about an album with songs such as Genesis, Oblivion, Circumambient, Symphonia IX, Be a Body, Skin, Colour of Moonlight, Vowels = Space and Time, Nightmusic?? These are perfect songs, dude!
>>
>>70488835
>There's nothing to explain

There's nothing to understand. Grimes is mediocre waifu-bait shit. Her music is weird sounding enough to disguise itself as not being shit to any simple minded moron.
>>
>>70488837
>implying you're not a kid shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>70488828
I haven't listened to Halfaxa yet but it seems as if I'd like that best.

>I don't agree with that since I liked pretty much every song on this album
Sorry but whether or not you liked the songs doesn't really address my point
>>
>>70488737
http://blog.siriusxm.com/2015/11/06/grimes-friends-take-over-siriusxmu-in-honor-of-art-angels-release/
>>
I really like it.
Not waifu fag.

I listened to it before reading anything about it or the artist. After reading something about the artist I almost wanted to dislike it but I think its just great album. Kind of similar way I really hated Kanye West for his personality and also decided his music is shit even though I've only heard one or two of his hits on the radio or mtv.
Now after listening MBDTF I have to admit its fucking great album.
>>
>>70488903
thats so funny. every grimesfags tries to use p4k as an example on why AA is good when grimes dislikes p4k
thanks for the info!
>>
>>70488846
Are you stupid or you're just pretending? What is the purpose of hard disks if not to store data? There's nothing creepy about a screenshot of a public post, you scared-of-your-own-shadow autist. You forgot your pills.
>>
California and Pin are my favs
>>
>>70488952

Butterfly and Pin are my current favs but before it was realiti and art angels.

And flesh without blood.
>>
File: aa.jpg (111KB, 395x594px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
111KB, 395x594px
>>70488940
>thats so funny. every grimesfags tries to use p4k as an example on why AA is good when grimes dislikes p4k
It's not funny at all when you realize that most critics love AA. P4K is just ONE of the many critics that like her. Checkmate, autist!
>>
>>70488894
>Sorry but whether or not you liked the songs doesn't really address my point
let me rephrase it
her songwriting ability is not mediocre
and she's also pretty talented since this album is great
and intrigue is not gone, it's even more interesting what she's gonna make now
>>
>>70488994
>her songwriting ability is not mediocre
what makes her songwriting ability good?
post some examples and convince why its better than somebody like SMOG or bob dylan.
even st.vincent or fleetwood mac
whats grimes such a great songwriter
>>
>>70488994
This. Her next album will be probably even more exciting. She's the real deal.
>>
File: Capture.png (34KB, 630x337px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 630x337px
The Ott man
>>
Notice how nobody ITT has proved why grimes is good. its all subjective opinion about how talented she is and how much of a HATER you are for not getting her.

they just resort to personal attacks without using any logic.
>>
>>70488736
"Catchy" doesn't mean anything.

The songs fucking suck.
>>
>>70489031
The Ott man sucks. P4K btfo his entire work on that site because he's a moron.

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>I would say it does, but Pitchfork has deleted plenty of articles before—in some cases, infamously so—and practically speaking, Ott is a unique case. His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork. He probably deserved something. But who exactly was punished?

http://tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618
>>
>>70489068
>>Writing About Music is Like Dancing About Architecture
Incredibly stupid and anti-intellectual thing to say
>>
>>70488883
>being this stupid fuck
Read this, moron:
>Writing About Music is Like Dancing About Architecture

Use your stupid brain and cease being such a turbopleb. You're embarrassing.
>>
>>70489133
but grimes btfo P4K
so your argument makes zero sense dumbass
>>
>>70489133
Nah, they deleted his stuff because there was bad blood.
>>
>>70489095
>"Catchy" doesn't mean anything.
It means the songs were well written and memorable. If that doesn't mean anything to you, it's just your opinion.
>>
File: 1415421456873.gif (255KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1415421456873.gif
255KB, 384x288px
>>70489158
>>70489133
Grimes hates P4K
P4K hates Ott
Ott hates Grimes
>>
>>70488486
I have to agree with you. This to me sounded like Grimes trying to make a top-40 album, if her impression of top-40 is that the music has to be relentlessly boring. There's one or two moments on this album I enjoy. The most impressive thing about her work was always that she is doing everything herself, but it really doesn't matter when it's just not very good or interesting
>>
>>70489200
also
>ott hates P4K
>>
File: 3grNQKvn.jpg (82KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3grNQKvn.jpg
82KB, 1080x1080px
>>70489168
Just like I said, because he behaved like an entitled moron.

>>70489158
Your argument makes zero sense, idiot. P4K btfo Ott, Grimes btfo P4K, then Grimes btfo both P4K and Ott. You = btfo too right now.
>>
>>70489209
>This to me sounded like Grimes trying to make a top-40 album
Correct. It failed.

>>70489244
>he behaved like an entitled moron.
Uh no, he left.
>>
>>70489023
what a lame move
nobody is going compare her to Bob Dylan if you are talking about lyrics exclusively
And I don't see how art angels is worse than St.Vincet's latest two albums in general
This album is very vivid in terms of melodies for a pop album, plus the production has lots of details, I don't care about lyrics in music much, but those lyrics clearly fit the mood of the album
>>
>>70489200
>>70489244
source on grimes hating ott?
>>
>>70489262
>Correct. It failed.
It failed to chart because it's still too weird for top 40. A proper top 40 album should be way more diluted and tame than AA.
>>
>>70489303
What's weird about it?
Give an actual answer this time, I'm begging
>>
>>70489270
>This album is very vivid in terms of melodies for a pop album, plus the production has lots of details,
what details?
which songs have vivid melodies?

> but those lyrics clearly fit the mood of the album
what is the mood of the album? and how does her lyrics fit into them
please explain
>>
>>70489274
It's implied. Why would she like a twat that heavily criticized her?
>>
>>70489303
The Terror by the Flaming Lips charted. At 21.

It's a top 40 attempt and it failed.
>>
>>70489346
>heavily criticized her
Do you have evidence for this other than that single ask.fm post? (which wasn't even that heavy)
>>
>>70489313
First of all, the singing. Very high pitched and out there. Then the weird lyrics (e.g. see the lyrics of Kill V. Maim). Then the actual songs: e.g. Scream, Life in the Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly). Then the production (too detailed for your usual popfan) and finally the artwork. This album is too much for your ordinary mainsteam music fan.
>>
>>70489303
swans - to be kind made it in the top 40
try again
>>
>>70489358
TFL are a well established band with a big fanbase, let's be real. They're not a solo indie female artist like Grimz with a large part of her fanbase pirating her music.
>>
>>70489410
>>70489358
actually art angels did make it into the top 40 lol
>>
>>70489410
See >>70489450
>>
>>70489450
Swans.
>>
>>70489401
>First of all, the singing. Very high pitched and out there
It was more "out there" on Visions
>Then the weird lyrics
m8, no one can ever understand what she's saying
>Then the actual songs: e.g. Scream, Life in the Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly)
What about them?
>Then the production (too detailed for your usual popfan?
What you on about? Contemp. pop has some of the most topnotch and detailed production that ever existed, see: Kanye.
>and finally the artwork
This is dumb
>>
>>70489315
>what details?
production is layered on pretty much every song except for maybe Easily

>which songs have vivid melodies?
pretty much every song except for maybe Easily

>what is the mood of the album? and how does her lyrics fit into them
please explain
it's just a "fun to listen to" music like most of mucore of recent years in general, it's a bubblegum pop album in particular, and I don't mind silly lyrics in that case plus they seem to have some not obvious meaning: >>70488737
>>
>>70489085
>Notice how nobody ITT has proved why grimes is good.
Funny, but nobody has proved why she's bad either. You're not a hater if you don't get into her music, you're a hater if you insult her music and her fans because you're a moron with zero arguments, envious of her success. Right?
>>
>>70489514
thanks for proving my point again
>they just resort to personal attacks without using any logic.
>>
>>70489514

Holy shit the irony and lack of self-awareness is astonishing
>>
>>70489472
>It was more "out there" on Visions
And Visions charted lower. You didn't refute my argument.

>m8, no one can ever understand what she's saying
And that's a big no-no for pop fans. Even more proof that AA isn't truly pop.

>What about them?
Did you hear them? Scream (for instance) has rapping in Taiwanese and actual screams over repetitive guitars + beats. Life in the Vivid Dream is more like a classical song.

>What you on about? Contemp. pop has some of the most topnotch and detailed production that ever existed, see: Kanye.
That's just an exception. Most pop albums don't have such detailed production, with lots of elements playing at the same time.

>This is dumb
It's not. Artwork is VERY important in the pop world, don't underestimate that. Do you think it's a coincidence that most pop albums have the singers' portrait as an artwork? Think about it: all Adele albums, all Taylor Swift albums, all Beyonce albums, all Rihanna albums, all Ellie Goulding album, etc. AA on the other hand has a freaky colorful artwork.
>>
>>70489535
>>70489547
And you still didn't refute my arguments. Gotcha!
>>
Art Angels is fucking unbearable. I wanted to stop listening to the album as soon as I heard California in the first time that I listened to the album.
>>
>>70489659
The first songs on AA are her most controversial. But after that it should be instantly enjoyable.
>>
>>70489648
Its not an argument when you resort to personal attacks
nice try
>>
>>70489822
That wasn't a personal attack, it was a description of your behaviour.

>you're a hater if you insult her music and her fans because you're a moron with zero arguments, envious of her success
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>70489760
and that's what makes it a 5/10 not a 10/10
>>
>>70489855
Controversial =/= bad. Even assuming the first songs are bad, the album should be at least 7/10 or 8/10. 5/10 is the rating of a snob unable to enjoy a fun album.
>>
File: grimsvcover-1478032647-640x874.jpg (141KB, 640x874px) Image search: [Google]
grimsvcover-1478032647-640x874.jpg
141KB, 640x874px
>>70488486
shut up, imbecile
>>
>>70489659
>touting your INABILITY to listen to music with an open mind
Lol
>>
>>70489854
then thats projection
nice try!
>>
California is a good track. But the rest are average to almost good at best. Kids that haven't heard of much would love it I guess but I had way too many albums in my life to not be picky.
>>
>>70490114
This

>>70490155
>excusing your moronic behaviour as projection

>>70490160
I've heard many, many albums so far and I think that AA is a masterpiece. Also California is a good track but the weakest one from that album.
>>
>>70489178
yup. top 40 songs must be "well-written and memorable" given how catchy they are.
>>
>>70490212
>I've heard many, many albums so far and I think that AA is a masterpiece. Also California is a good track but the weakest one from that album.

> I am 12

No you have not. When you have gone through whole decades of music you learn that you first albums become easily "masterpieces". Earn on you are also an elitist and any pop hit is immediately "the worst track" just to pretend you are some kind of savant. You are nothing.
>>
>>70490301
Indeed. If your song isn't catchy, people will not remember it. All great songs in the past were catchy too (e.g. Love Will Tear Us Apart, Just Like Heaven, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Running Up That Hill, Hyperballad, All My Friends, The Model, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Midnight in a Perfect World,....).
>>
>>70490349
Dude, if you're 12, don't imply I'm too. I can assure you that I'm older than 18.

>No you have not.
What is this shit? Do you know better than me what I listened to so far? Eat shit, pleb.
>>
File: 1478122995026.gif (2MB, 192x333px) Image search: [Google]
1478122995026.gif
2MB, 192x333px
That first track was the first I'd ever heard of grimes. In fact this was her first album i listened to. I was extremely hyped, and then bam...track 2.

The disappointment was too intense.
>>
>>70488486
No shes a meme lol you fell for it
>>
>>70488486
California is good.
>>
>>70488486
i like it, its not as good as visions but its not bad

solid 6-7/10
>>
>>70490723
California and Scream are the black sheep of that album. What about the other songs?
>>
>>70491003
It was okay. Unremarkable
>>
>>70491213
Sad to hear that.
>>
>>70489985
but i already stated why california makes my ears bleed and ontop of that alot of the songs are samey to other pop and forgettable

kill v maim is good
realiti is best
scream is pretty good
venus fly is fine

the rest are pretty forgettable a 5/10 is fine it means that half the album is good in my book
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.