[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was wondering, what do people who shit on Tame Impala and their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: tame-impala-illustration1.gif (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
tame-impala-illustration1.gif
2MB, 1200x675px
I was wondering, what do people who shit on Tame Impala and their fans listen to that makes them feel like they don't need some Tame Impala in their life? Enlighten me. (aka redpill me on good psychedelic rock/pop albums)
>>
>>70487253
here u go better than every tame impala song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkBueEBIRA
>>
File: IMG_3572.jpg (101KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3572.jpg
101KB, 472x312px
>>70487253
>>
>>70487355
I like this so much, thank you man! but this sounds to me more like Connan Mockasin or Mac Demarco than it is Tame Impala..
>>
>>70487402
I never tried to listen to Animal Collective actually apart from MPP which I wasn't a big fan of. Will give them another try.
>>
Damn guys! Only 2 replies? Where are all the muh tame impala are a reddit band?
>>
>>70487508
i agree i like those two artists better than Tame. I've listened to every tame impala album multiple times and didn't get the big deal. I like some songs but overall they never clicked for me. Enjoyed that album kevin produced for his gf then his own solo stuff.
>>
File: 0008076973_10.jpg (237KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0008076973_10.jpg
237KB, 1200x1200px
>>70487556
I first got into Tame Impala by listening to Let It Happen when it was released as a lead single, then I went back to Lonerism then Innerspeaker. Lonerism and Currents are good albums, why don't you like them? Specially that you're a fan of Mac and Connan. Also check out pic related if you haven't already.
>>
>>70487623
yeah i heard soft hair. its pretty decent for being a collection of songs recorded over the years

>lonerism and Currents are good albums, why don't you like them?
i like some songs off those albums but overall I just put their discog on a playlist.
from lonerism I like
Endors toi
mind mischief
keep on lying
nothing that has happened

rest suffer from poor lyrcism and really forcing the psychedelic feel when it should come natural
Currents I like
Let it happen
nangs
moment
eventually
less i know
disciples
new person
>>
File: folder.jpg (178KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
178KB, 888x888px
real nigga shit
>>
File: IMG_1225.jpg (38KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
38KB, 299x300px
Tame Impala is watered-down corporate "psychedelic" with the worst underage burger records fan base of all time

If the fan base didn't overrate them nobody would care or hate your precious buzzband for boring silver lake yuppie tools

>duuuude I just tried weed for the first time this sounds amazinggg

Here is actual good psychedelic
>>
Tame Impala always sound to me like some watered-down version of a great band. I don't know what band would that be, of course, since I don't know much about psychedelic pop, it's just a feeling that their music gives me. Perharps it's intentional. Some of their songs sound like remixes of classic rock.

I love Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, AnCo, the Beatles and Beach Boys too, of course, and they do have some similarities with Tame Impala, in my opinion, but with Tame Impala I don't understand all the praise. Maybe it's just not for me.
>>
>>70487623
Their first album is pretty great. Their second had a lot of good tracks and a few boring ones. Their third had a few good tracks and almost all boring ones in my opinion.

I can't think of any modern bands that I would really call "psychedelic" that are doing anything new and interesting. I think the genre has evolved to incorporate a lot more electronic stuff, and I am not sure it's right to put it in the same category as psych.

Bands like Temples, Levitation room, and Black angels are not bad, but I don't think their sound is particularly innovative
>>
those who listen old psych rock, do you enjoy the music despite the poor sound quality?
>>
>>70489099
>do you enjoy the music despite the poor sound quality?
what poor sound quality? you mean the lack of ableton live kevin uses?
>>
File: folder.jpg (149KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
149KB, 600x602px
Detroits Brave The Go
>>
>>70489099
Definitely, it's part of the sound. It would be like metal without distortion.
>>
File: para.jpg (3MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
para.jpg
3MB, 1425x1425px
my man if you dont know of Montreal then you're missing out. so diverse in sounds and structures, never boring.. and beautifully trippy.. kevin really knows how to layer shit beyond belief
>>
>>70487253
Listen to Of Montreal. Their earlier albums are great examples of psychedelic pop. Later they started using more electronics and got more dance oriented, and some of those albums are great as well. Satanic Panic in the Attic combines both of those traits.
>>
>>70489099
You mean like old Jimi/Byrds/Beatles? a) I don't find that stuff to be poor quality, though some acts are and b) that's part of what makes it psychedelic rock
>>
Why do people always mention of Montreal when tame impala comes up (including myself)? Why do they feel so similar? I can't think of an objective reason
>>
>>70489856
One is a great rock band and the other is some indie tripe that you'd have to dig hard on the internet to find fans of, beats me
>>
>>70489942
Which is which? Are you trying to say Tame Impala is a great rock band?

Does one mediocre album and two shitty albums make a great rock band?

You sound like a Father John Misty fan
>>
>>70487253
shit-tier band tbqh desu
>>
The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Zombies
Can
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pink Floyd
The Doors
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin (more blues rock, but TI copied them nonetheless)

to name a few that I enjoy that Tame Impala heavily borrowed from
>>
Innerspeaker (8-) > Halfaxa (6)

Lonerism (9-) > Visions (8-)

Art Angels (9+) > Currents (9-)

So probably Tame Impala, but Art Angels is the best albums from either of the 2
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.