[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a good thing we only listen to meme music or this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: TRUMP CUTS.png (433KB, 659x625px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP CUTS.png
433KB, 659x625px
It's a good thing we only listen to meme music or this shit might actually impact us negatively, amiright /mu/ bros.

http://www.spin.com/2017/01/report-donald-trump-plans-to-eliminate-national-endowment-for-the-arts-privatize-corporation-for-public-broadcasting/
>>
>>70486191
Explain to me how the privatization of the NEA is a terrible thing
>>
I don't think anyone REALLY cares about the NEA.
>>
>>70486223
muh free stuff
>>
PBS is going to have coca cola product placement now lol
>>
>>70486191
>privatize-corporation-for-public-broadcasting
It's already the Kock network.
>>
File: NEA.png (21KB, 469x458px) Image search: [Google]
NEA.png
21KB, 469x458px
>>70486223
Educate yourself
https://www.arts.gov/about-nea
>>
>>70486270
>(((Artistic Excellence)))
>>
>>70486191
I wouldn't mind funding these if they hadn't become almost entirely focused on producing liberal/leftists propaganda

I used to listen to NPR alot, its become unbearable to listen to in the past 8 years with how amazingly partisan it is.

Heres how NPR conducts a segment: Host talks with conservative side for about 3-4 minutes, then the conservative person is dismissed, they move to the other side which is like 3 leftists that get about 20 minutes to spiel and rip the first guest (who can't defend his points)

Compare that to one of these types of talkative opinion segments on Fox, they have Juan Williams and often another liberal, who are part of the discussion the entire time.
>>
>>70486270
Top fucking kek
>>
File: Oh I'm laffin.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Oh I'm laffin.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>70486223
>MFW This is going to piss off the symphony and ballet loving upper middle class that voted for Trump.
>>
>>70486280
it could inspire them to move back toward the center, who knows? earlier this year i was in a /pol/ thread of people looking for the best least-biased news sources and npr got quite a few recs.
>>
>>70486314
Well fuck 'em for culturally appropriating european music
>>
>>70486336
well theres tons of lefties on /pol/

NPR is as biased as CNN, MSNBC, Buzzfeed (fuck, NPR even has Buzzfeed writers on constantly now...) its just the hosts are not insanely obnoxious twats. They are pleasant to listen to because they are relatively normal, still extremely biased though.
>>
>>70486277
Yes, artistic excellance.
now either post your top albums of 2016 chart and prove that you have taste or stop dubbing in my thread.

>>70486285
about the level of discourse i'd expect from NEA detractors tbph.
>>
>MUH ARTS
>>
>art

Who gives a fuck? I'm sorry to tell you this but in the real world, art and artists are 100% useless.

Artists and their art are just expendable commodities for businesses and people to hang on their walls to seem cultured. Also many artists will be the first to do die when the day of the rope comes.

I suggest you get more redpilled on this matter
>>
>>70486280
Fox News isn't nearly as balanced as you make it out to be, although it is the most decent mainstream media source at this point. The Five consists of Juan making decent points and only the business dude responding seriously because principled conservatism is "establishment" and doesn't get good ratings.
>>
Public funding of the arts is the reason why art is such a tremendous pile of dogshit these days.

Good art is done out of passion which connects with a group of people.

I went to a somewhat well known art school, the people who got the grants were the people who were best at networking/social engineering, not their output.

Art needs a check of being judged in the market, only the good stuff survives in this either because its connecting with public or because the artist can't stop making it because of his own passion.

Grants create garbage, fake art thats then crammed down peoples throats as being 'important' because slimebags (galleries, places like MOMA) have monetary incentive to promote this trash.
>>
>>70486365
>CNN, MSNBC, Buzzfeed
i can't remember the last time i visited any of those sites
'
>They are pleasant to listen to because they are relatively normal
they know their audience.
they report on things they'd be interested in with a limited editorial slant, whereas you could turn on Fox at any hour of the day and there's someone going off on an opinionated rant. what sites would you recommend for unbiased news reporting?
>>
File: 5ea.jpg (28KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
5ea.jpg
28KB, 355x400px
>>70486280
>Fox
>>
File: trump cuts2.png (591KB, 797x627px) Image search: [Google]
trump cuts2.png
591KB, 797x627px
Rolling Stone's coverage of this was far more assblasted.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/welcome-to-donald-trumps-ignorant-america-w462019
>>
File: 78970.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
78970.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>70486410
>Fox News isn't nearly as balanced as you make it out to be, although it is the most decent mainstream media source at this point.

Source on this?
>>
>>70486416
>Good art is done out of passion which connects with a group of people.
this is probably coming from a guy who longs for patron-funded classical era music.
>>
>>70486458
> Reads the title
Yeah, 100% not biased.
>>
>>70486416
You sound like a bitter autistic art school drop out who probably thinks Phil Glass is the greatest.
>>
>>70486389
you're the one who decided t lurk an art board bud

>>70486404
then why are you even on /mu/?

>>70486416
not all artists can lift themselves up by their own bootstraps. here on /mu/ of all places i'd expect people to understand the importance of promoting art that wouldn't stand a chance of reaching anyone otherwise.

if we only let the most commercial art survive then we'd be up to our ears in mainstream country and top-40 pop.
>>
>>70486280
>cishetdemwhitemale tears
>>
>>70486410
I don't make it out to be balanced, it is heavily biased toward the right and think in general it is a pretty retarded channel.

The difference I see is that Fox pandered to conservatives, the other larger portion of main stream media doesn't do that toward the left anymore, it ACTIVELY promotes democrat agenda, it lies, manipulates, has completely sold out any shred of integrity it had. Its abandoned its purpose as being a check of power on the government and has become its leftist cheerleader
>>
>>70486378
>post your top albums of 2016 chart
IOI-Chrysalis
IOI-Miss Me?
AOA-Good Luck
4minute-Act 7
>>
>>70486554
>Implying that the right leaning news agencies won't do the exact same thing while Trump is president.
>>
>>70486520
>if we only let the most commercial art survive then we'd be up to our ears in mainstream country and top-40 pop.
we already are
no serious artist of the last decade has benefited from those grants. cept maybe holly herndon
everything else has been shit

t.art history major
>>
>>70486575
yeah, you can stop posting now and go back to your containment thread now.
>>
>>70486592
yea but theyre on my side so who cares
>>
>>70486410
>>70486280

you got to be fucking kidding me at this point
>>
I actually welcome it, nobody cares about this shit, music should come from the people without the state having anything to do with it.
dog bless
>>
>>70486404
>viewing art as a product because it's currently shackled by the demands of capitalism
how r u so pleb anon
>>
>>70486606
kpg runs /mu/, you pretentious twat
>>
>>70486554
>left wing corporate media
Kek
Ya know what's not funny? I'm a leftie and feel the exact same way, just the opposite though. CNN has been hiring right wing hacks for a while.
>>
>>70486633
and what about music in schools?
nea cuts would kill hs bands.
>>
>>70486682
who cares?
>>
>>70486682
show me a good hs band thats produced something of worth in the last 10 years
>>
>>70486649
kpg is allowed to exist on /mu/ because no other board wants it.
ftfy
>>
>>70486682
again nobody cares.
school bands are utter shit, and teens that actually have a passion for music and have the drive for it will create music.
>>
>>70486689
uhh all those trump voters who go to hs football games and take their kids to parades and need some free babysitting in the way of afterschool band practice for their kids, thats who.

>>70486695
>being good
you're missing the point. getting good. developing your skills in the company of your peers under the guidance of trained professionals. developing the disciplines so that you could one day be good.
>>
>>70486773
>. developing your skills in the company of your peers under the guidance of trained professionals
again this hasn't been true in fucking years and even decades. the best music has been made by kids fucking around in the garage/basement

show me some examples of hs bands make something of worth.
>>
>>70486757
>again nobody cares.
except young talented teens who can't even vote and have no say in the way the country's being run. a country that will be theirs.

>>70486757
>teens that actually have a passion for music and have the drive for it will create music
yes they will but they'll have a better go of it if they learn to read music in school and have dedicated practice time with learned music teachers.
>>
>>70486827
you totally ignored my point,this changes nothing because people with passion and will and creativity will make music
>>
>>70486821
>again this hasn't been true in fucking years and even decades.
citation please
>the best music has been made by kids fucking around in the garage/basement
or is this your citation?
either way...
>show me some examples of hs bands make something of worth.
the fact that they're playing is the worth. taking up an interest. developing it. pursuing it afterschool when they don't have to. the act of making music is as old as anything else produced by human hands. it should be taught in schools.
>>
>>70486827
>yes they will but they'll have a better go of it if they learn to read music in school and have dedicated practice time with learned music teachers.
" I didn't go to music school i made music" - mac demarco
its fucking better to get 1 on 1 listens with some guy off craiglist then to fuck with your shitty hs teachers not forgetting youtube videos
My school didn't teach me shit
>>
>>70486827
it's very rare that people who come out of these programs create something that isn't stale as fuck
>>
>>70486878
>citation please
Slint - Spiderland watch the documentary

now wheres your citation of kids from music programs making good music
>>
>>70486863
and your ignoring my points.

>>70486885
citing mac demarco
yeah, no.
>My school didn't teach me shit
that much is clear boyo

>>70486889
>muh generalization
>>
>>70486931
I can't name a musician who went to this program who worth anything and I'll be surprised if you can name more than 5
>>
File: helps.png (70KB, 589x619px) Image search: [Google]
helps.png
70KB, 589x619px
>>70486900
>>
>>70486900
can we stop with the spiderland is good meme
>>
>>70486971
They are amazing, not just good
>>
People are way too caught up in this faux-ideology about the importance of art, and not how this silences the most accessible, reliable, and informative news source americans can get that just so happens to be perceived as against the current government, for the sake of saving 0.04% of the annual budget

This is the shit dictators do, under the guise of balancing the budget
>>
>>70486965
we will replace the arts and humanities with high levels of nationalism and patriotism in our schools

it will all work out in the end
>>
>>70486931
you have not showed 1 musician whos benefited from music programs. at this point you're trolling

>>70486965
you realize googles algorithm shows you the results you want too see right?

show me examples of musicians who have went to music programs and have released something of worth
>>
>>70486468

I don't think they were trying to be unbiased
>>
Whatever, Reagan wanted to defund public broadcasting too. Difference being that in 2017, PBS is no longer relevant so cutting it won't be any loss to anyone.
>>
File: hs band'.png (69KB, 775x585px) Image search: [Google]
hs band'.png
69KB, 775x585px
>>70486954
>>
>>70487010
>literally a list of b tier celebrities that have nothing to do with music
thank you for proving my point
>>
>>70486995

Yes our children should be learning blind obedience
>>
>>70486280
What are you talking about? There's a very slight bias on NPR. Even /pol/acks don't mind it. They are willing to often discuss and even support right wing style ideas like free trade.
>>
>>70486458
Humanties now a days is pretty cancerous desu
>>
>>70487043
I'm a stem major and tbf Humanities is a tougher class than my programming or math work.

maybe thats why /pol/ hates it
>>
>>70487056
i bet ur an sjw
>>
>>70487065
nah conversative
>>
>>70487078
*cuckservative
>>
>>70487093
good one
>>
>by your standards, music programs are only considering successful if they produce famous musicians. that's just way off.

>you realize googles algorithm shows you the results you want too see right?
yes, yes, everyone's out to get us. big brother, tin foil hats and all that.
>>
>>70486410
>Fox
>decent

Americans holy shit
>>
>>70487024
and thank you for missing my point.
the point of music class is not to become a famous musician.
>>
>>70487127
Not decent, "most decent" compared to the alternatives. Learn to read.
>>
>>70487003
This is what having a sub-60 IQ looks like.
>>
>>70487108
>>by your standards, music programs are only considering successful if they produce famous musicians. that's just way off.
where did I say famous? I Said good? Also thats how programs work if you kids are showing zero results from taking a program the school has to reformat it. If a certain district all does poorly at the SAT they have to change the program to improve results.
>yes, yes, everyone's out to get us. big brother, tin foil hats and all that.
look everybody agrees that getting a degree in music is idiotic. I want examples of what u say is worth keeping, I have giving you holly herndon already surely theirs more right?
>>
>>70486404
wow ur so logical r u a robot
>>
>>70487150
Who the fuck still watches PBS anymore other than maybe a couple of preschoolers?
>>
>>70487175
Do you know anything about the content that PBS provides?
>>
File: vilkutus sammakko.png (31KB, 850x659px) Image search: [Google]
vilkutus sammakko.png
31KB, 850x659px
>>70487175
i watch aruther somethime :)
>>
>>70486223
You can't have a facist coupe without a bunch of young urban professionals listening to Wagner. And you can't have a Wagner performace unless you pay your orchestra.
>>
>>70487142
Describing Fox as the most decent is equivalent to describing Daily Mail as the most informative.
>>
>>70487158
i'm just against education cuts in general.
my niece goes to public school and everyday this week she came home with zero homework, and her school is a blue ribbon school. imo these kids need more, not less from their schools. there are many benefits in learning to create music. it doesn't surprise me that this isn't alarming since it's general knowledge that most of /mu/ don't actually make music, only consume music and for free at that.
>>
Are people really praising cutting funds to the arts in an art board? How retarded can people be?
>>
>>70487348
Everyone on here is hxc buying into being Munchhausen - "just drag yourself out of the mud by pulling your own hair".

Especially for people who are (largerly) just out of school and don't really see the benefits of funding the public & the arts, or are priviliged enough to have enjoyed shit with Daddy paying for it (DeVos says hi).

Return of Spartan Ideology, fight for your own shit blablabla. Oh and don't forget to post in the nex feels thread about tfw no gf!
>>
File: 1472605513420.jpg (7KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1472605513420.jpg
7KB, 256x197px
>>70486191

Good.

Music and art is pure dogshit now anyway.

Time to hit the reset button.
>>
>>70486270
and you know all the money is pumped into some beanie wearing retard's doorknob sculpture that won't impact the world whatsoever
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.