[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Peter Gabriel was only 23 years old when he performed his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>Peter Gabriel was only 23 years old when he performed his masterpiece, Supper's Ready
>He made 5 albums with Genesis (that are still part of the prog canon) by the time he was 25

I wonder how it feels to do something with your life. Why are most of us so lazy?
>>
Well, Peter came from a privileged background and was introduced to music at an early age. Lucky for him, he turned out to be very talented and his parents acceptance of his passion allowed him to grow. Still, pretty unbelievable he made such amazing albums by 25.

Most of us suck because we just don't have the background, skills, or ambition that he did.
>>
>>70469743
I love that these were posh kids that still made genuine art. They were /lit/ as fuck too. I bet they read Shakespeare and Joyce
>>
>>70469892
most art is made by the posh kids dude
the poor kids gotta work
>>
>>70471115
is that true?
>>
>>70471816
Of course.
Building a talent costs time, time costs money.
the tools and instruments needed to do things cost money.
>>
>>70471816
i mean not completely but i would say a significant majority of successful people in creative fields have the ties and the means to get them in the door
music is probably the least obvious because many artists circumvent this, but most of the background/non-artist music industry jobs follow suit
>>
>>70471956
I feel like writers struggle. You have to suffer to write a good book.
>>
>mfw he wasn't even the best person in Genesis
>>
>>70472555
forgot pic, and those trips of truth don't lie
>>
>>70472527
its far more important to have access to publishing connections than to write a good book to be a successful writer my dude
it sucks but its p true
obviously if you're talented and creative enough you can succeed but most of it is who you know
>>
>>70472527
I remember one chapter of The Savage Detectives that talked exactly about this.
I'll see if I can find it.
>>
I might be lazy, but at least I'm smart
>>
>>70472585
>>70472555
>not hackett
>>
>>70472675
diligence is part of intelligence congrats on being complacent
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.