[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

with all the recent Slint threads popping up, who here has s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: slint-620x620.jpg (103KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
slint-620x620.jpg
103KB, 620x620px
with all the recent Slint threads popping up, who here has seen the documentary?

Uploaded a clip of the basement practice for Good Morning, Captain, it's pretty incredible to see. Britt Walford is one of the most expressive drummers ever.

https://streamable.com/am572
>>
File: brittbrian.jpg (67KB, 650x480px) Image search: [Google]
brittbrian.jpg
67KB, 650x480px
>>70461843
Loved the documentary
>>
File: breadcrumb1.jpg (92KB, 658x480px) Image search: [Google]
breadcrumb1.jpg
92KB, 658x480px
>>70461922
>>
File: britt.jpg (65KB, 835x480px) Image search: [Google]
britt.jpg
65KB, 835x480px
>>70461936
I wish Britt made more music.
>>
Yeah I watched it it was good I liked when he talked about Britt shitting in a cup and making penis cakes

Was really cool to learn that they'd been making those slint songs since they were like teenagers and I didn't realise they were friends with Ian mcaye and all that

Have you read the 33 1/3 book about them? I don't remember much of it but I read it
>>
>>70461843
loved it
I had to watch it with english subs because I didnt find spanish ones. Anyway I think is a great documentary. 8/10
>>
dl here: https://mega.nz/#!jQxCmQLC!BK0yJz2w52YwtKMj9eLKBcBpnucf1JgOWfM5tyeVw54
>>
>>70461991
Britt is honestly the most inspiring dude out of everyone in that documentary.

>book

No, but that sounds interesting, is there a pdf of it anywhere?
>>
File: madlads.jpg (315KB, 787x974px) Image search: [Google]
madlads.jpg
315KB, 787x974px
>>70462070
Do it, anons. You won't regret it, ton of great stories about the band, it's worth it alone to learn about Britt and Brian as people, they're really interesting, specially Britt.
>>
File: slint.jpg (223KB, 1296x960px) Image search: [Google]
slint.jpg
223KB, 1296x960px
There's quite a bit of random b-roll footage throughout that I assume was recorded by Michael McMahan back then, of just streets and shit and it's interesting how well the imagery goes with the music itself. Comes very close to what I've always pictured the music with in terms of mood.
>>
The story of the Anal Breathing tapes was absolutely hilarious. So was the story of when Britt(I think it was him) stayed in Albini's house, locked himself out, kicked down the door, then boarded it up and used a window on the second floor as a door for the rest of the time.
>>
I had a conversation with Brian a few years back without realizing it was him. Interesting, would've asked some better questions had I knew who I was talking to. He's like a Middle Aged dad now.
>>
>>70462477
He always seemed like a middle aged man. I think his and Britt's contrasting personalities is what made this album work so well.
>>
>>70462075
its on amazon digitially. i read it its really good
>>
>>70462387
No wonder he didn't get new headphones.
>>
>>70461936
Why are majority of musicians such dyels
>>
>>70463587
because their attractive is immaterial.

saw the docu at the cine. its pretty good, its really crazy how a bunch of goofs from a small lost town influenced so many bands, including the big city ones.
>>
>>70463587
they spend all day writing and practicing music.
you need to lift consistently and eat well to gain muscle unless they have godly genetics and can get away with bodyweight lol
>>
>>70462477
What was the context of your encounter with him?
>>
File: drums.jpg (60KB, 602x480px) Image search: [Google]
drums.jpg
60KB, 602x480px
>>70461843
>https://streamable.com/am572

It's like I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance watching this clip, they're kids, but the confidence coming through in that playing is out of this world, and the general sound of it and how they just ride that rhythm so well.
>>
File: britt1429.jpg (65KB, 526x480px) Image search: [Google]
britt1429.jpg
65KB, 526x480px
>Britt will never take a shit in your soda

Wish he had been a more prolific artist. He's getting close to 50 though, but there's still time.

Has anybody here listened to Watter - This World ? I liked it, wasn't quite up to par with the stuff Brian did on The For Carnation, but there is potential
>>
>>70465462
i'm not sure cognitive dissonance means what you think it means
>>
>>70464061
Plus try getting in a workout and maintaining a healthy calorie surplus while touring.

If anything the question is how do the buff musicians manage to stay that way.
>>
>>70462340
it's depressing as shit, no wonder their music sounded like that
>>
>>70461843
Thought it was pretty good, got a copy with the record and I've watched it three or four times. Really interesting to see Albini and McKaye talk about them. Also had no idea that Mouth Breather was about Britt before watching it and the story behind it was hilarious. I'd recommend it to any Slint fan
>>
>>70465589
Actually I was recently checking if Britt was musically involved in anything lately and discovered that Watter album. I also really liked it but yea not on the same level as Slint or The For Carnation
>>
File: 1397767415784.jpg (18KB, 150x144px) Image search: [Google]
1397767415784.jpg
18KB, 150x144px
I refuse to watch because it might ruin the album for me.
>>
>>70465995
I don't know, maybe I'm too dead inside to feel, but the album doesn't depress me, it's incredibly enjoyable to listen to.
>>
>>70466402
I doubt the documentary ruined this album for anybody, only makes it more impressive.
>>
>>70461843
I streamed it once in pretty low quality but yeah it's pretty surreal to see how young they were making the music that they were.
>>
>>70462387
Britt losing it laughing when they bring it up got me good.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.