[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I realised '60s and '70s music has aged better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>mfw I realised '60s and '70s music has aged better than most of that of the '80s
>>
true
>>
Most music from those decades has aged better than 90s and 00s music.
>>
>>70459810
80's production was garbage, really don't know why
>>
I think it's because the 60s and 70s was still more instrumental. Once synth and computerized music got really heavy in the 80s and onward stuff seems to date more.

I mean if you look at 90s rock it has aged well too, it's just the synthy electronic pop music that dates so fast.
>>
>>70460404
Synths

It's because synths, which sounded new age and hip and cool in the 80s, have come such a long way since then and sound dated af.

I don't know if the music itself is more dated, but the instrumentation is certainly
>>
>>70461062
Fuck you, synths are cool though
>>
>>70461236
>Fuck me
I'm not saying I dislike synths I'm just saying how far they've come since the 80s. They were a lot more one-dimensional and MIDI sounding back then, which to a lot of people is offputting
>>
>>70459810
popular 1960's hits>>>>>popular 1980's hits.
indie/alternative 1980's pop/rock>>>>>>well, no independant rock existed in the 1960's kek.
>>
File: 1332986207993.jpg (28KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
1332986207993.jpg
28KB, 325x222px
>>70461280
>well, no independant rock existed in the 1960's kek.
how can you be this uninformed
>>
>>70461312
considering the scale of the amount of indie releases (produced, released & distributed) in the 1980's and their impact on the mainstream production (ie. hardcore/punk scenes, indie-pop labels like Creation, Sarah Records), it's fair to be oblivious to the rare independent releases in the sixties that are still neglected nowadays.
>>
>>70459810
Yeah, I can't even count how many garbage bands there were in comparison.
>>
>>70461062
It's not so much that synths have come
farther since then, more that cheap synths have come farther. In the 80's, FM synthesis and digital drum machines like the 707, brought the price way, way down and more people had access to those kind of sounds. That synthetic sound was novel at the time but it sounds like shite now.

The DX7 has some cool sounds, but it also has some serious garbage. It's much easier to make the DX7 sound like cheese than a 70's Prophet or Moog for example.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.