[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having real trouble getting into Death Grips, where should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: DG.jpg (65KB, 648x324px) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
65KB, 648x324px
Having real trouble getting into Death Grips, where should i start off?
>>
reddit
>>
>>70455112
By deleting it all
>>
start watching the filthy frank show and anthony fantano
>>
Go Chronologically.
>>
So does /mu/ hate or love death grips, I'm confused
>>
The Money Store. Not their best, but the best way to start.
>>
File: moneystore.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moneystore.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>70455112
the money store
>>
>>70455188
Yes.
>>
>>70455188
/mu/ is not one person
>>
is death grapes the "it gets better after 50 hours" of /mu/?
>>
>>70455229
>>70455218
Ok I'm gonna watch the fantano review and then ill give it a listen
>>
>>70455175
this is the only answer
>>
>>70455254
When i first listened to them i hated them but the same thing happened for crystal castles and yung lean and now i love them both so thought id give them another go
>>
just because /mu/ says its good doesn't make it good. If you don't like it you don't like it
>>
>>70455112
don't waste your time
>>
>>70455254
maybe
i think it's grimes
>>
>>70455188

Mixed bag, but enduring meme
>>
listen to any of their first three albums and if it doesn't click just don't worry about it.
most people who like death grips are fucking faggots, i can promise you that. i've been listening to them literally since day one and the people who hopped on in 2012 (really even with TND review of Exmilitary) just ruined it publicly.
>>
>>70455282

Crystal castles was initially a tough pill to swallow for me too, then quickly became one of my favs
>>
first time I listened to money store when I was 17 I was hooked before the voice even came in, although I have lots of friends that took a few years to get them, idk just don't fixate if you don't like them
>>
I liked exmilitary the most, but yeah, it takes some getting used to.
>>
i just listened to death grips again after a few years wtf this is not good music
>>
>>70457519
What did you think of amnesty?
>>
>>70455263
is this the most /mu/ post ever?
>>
>>70459061
probably not, didnt mention loveless
>>
>>70455243
Literally this
>>
With their first album as you would with any other artist
>>
Listen to Guillotine, I've Seen Footage, Takyon...
Their biggest singles basically.
Then listen to some mash-ups. Lord of 420, Hip to be noided, Neutral Slam Hotel...

By now you have either embraced the meme and you should enjoy anything they do to some extent, or you think it is stupid and there's nothing to do about it.
>>
if you don't like it, than you don't like it, contrary to what the people who comment on this board make it seem like, not liking the music they like isn't a bad thing, honestly anon, most of these dudes don't know shit about music, they just ride the wave like bitches, so maybe its a good thing not to listen to Death Grips. Here's another one, they are the ultimate bait band, because, for dudes with no rhythm or understanding of real hip hop they get to thumb their nose at people who actually "get it" by pretending to like this garbage. It's an assault on one's ear drums. The lyrics are lame. The gimmick is retarded. I hate them anon. You should too.
>>
>>70455188
>the "/mu/ is a hive mind" meme
>>
>>70460340
>don't ride the wave anon
>think like me anon
>>
>>70460444
you are a fucking complete dolt haha read between the lines anon ooooooowowoowooo
>>
File: Limited_edition_holo_Pepe.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
Limited_edition_holo_Pepe.gif
1MB, 305x360px
If you don't like something, you shouldn't force yourself to try and like it because it is objectively considered "good". That isn't how enjoying music works.

Most of the active posters on /mu are contrarian ex-hipsters who think that listening to a little bit of everything (which is in reality the same two hundred LPs or so) gives them some kind of cultural edge or credibility. Why are you trying to impress goons like that?
>>
File: thanks.jpg (99KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
99KB, 1200x500px
>>70460470
Can I use my spirit powers to send you good tides and also be show offy about it? Because what you wrote, is. the. mutha. fuckin. truth. Thank you anon, thank you thank you thank you. Perfectly put.
>>
>>70455112
From their first album, like you would with any other artist
>>
Someone showed me Up My Sleeves and I loved it instantly. Try Billy Not Really, that's my favorite song. If not try their other albums. If you still don't like them, who cares.
>>
>>70460583
didn't you read what he wrote? that's it. that's the end of all of these types of pussy "oh if only i could listen to what my friends think is cool" shit. right? there's no amount delusion that could deny what anon so elequently wrote. That's it. If you are a human who does shit like trying to like things you don't like you are being a fraud, a fake, an actor, a bitch, it's a bad thing to even admit doing. It's like talking openly about being sexually aroused by cartoon girls, it's blatantly faggy and should be admonished and shunned.
>>
>>70460633
These are sum big words coming from the mouth of such a huge faggot
>>
>>70460948
oohhhh damn son, alright, well guess what, you aren't on my level my tripcode reflects my dimensional advantage over an earth peon like you
>>
>>70457519
CC is kind of mediocre. The EDM beats and production are super generic.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.