[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Bowie? I've been putting it off and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: blackstar_650_400.jpg (100KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
blackstar_650_400.jpg
100KB, 650x400px
How do I get into Bowie?

I've been putting it off and now that he's been dead for a while I don't feel like a bandwagoner
>>
listen to ziggy

if you like it keep going

if you don't stop
>>
>>70446220
listen to all his worst, most terrible albums. and even then, only pick out the most offensively bad songs and listen to those at least five million times.

never, under any circumstances, engage or think about his acclaimed material. it is strictly off-limits
>>
>>70446220
>Hunky dory
>>
>>70446251
> giving up on one of the most diverse musicians ever cause you don't like 1 album
>>
>>70446310
it's his best by far desu. if it doesn't make you a fan of his nothing else is going to.
>>
>>70446251
ziggy is basic as shsit
>>70446307
this is a better starting point but if you really just wanna skip to the best parts start at young americans and move forward through lets dance
>>
If you have a somewhat eclectic yet still plebeian taste like I did, start with Low.
>>
Check out Ziggy, Heroes and Blackstar

Like Ziggy? check out Hunky Dory, Diamond Dogs and Aladdin Sane
Like Heroes? Check out Low and Station to Station
Like Blackstar? Check out Outside and The Next Day
>>
>>70446220
Go to Rate Your Music. See which of his albums has the highest overall rating. Listen to that one. Continue with the second most highly rated.
Continue this process depending on your enjoyment.
>>
Remember that time bowie invented rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP4WoA7rBoU
>>
>>70446220
just listen to his most famous songs like space oddity, heroes and changes first. then pick an album
>>
>>70446220

Start with a Greatest Hits or Best of album like you would with any other artist.
>>
>>70446357
Except Low, Heroes, Station to Station, Blackstar, Outside and a shitload of others could still appeal to you if you don't like Ziggy
>>
>>70446557
station to station is pretty good. those others are grossly overrated. better album art than music
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.