[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that when musicians stop doing drugs, alot of the times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images-9.jpg (7KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
7KB, 278x181px
Why is it that when musicians stop doing drugs, alot of the times their music starts to suck
>>
And for that matter, when they start doing too much drugs, the music is shit.

Gotta get into that sweet spot of drug usage
>>
>>70426324
W I T H D R A W L
>>
>>70426415
I think it just matters on the people. Guys like ozzie did enough drugs to destroy most bands by himself but he did alright
>>
When they were on drugs they didn't care what people thought, so they made stuff that broke the norm
There are plenty of junkies that fail at this, but the ones who do it right go on to become heralded as genius
When they sobered up, they started to realize that their public image is as stake so they play it safe
That's how I see it, anyways
>>
>>70426415
This, basically.

Drug use becomes an integral part of your life, but not THE part of your life.

Cutting out what is an integral part of your life will inevitably definitively impact your songwriting. If you've never been addicted to drugs, you won't understand why such an alteration can impact songwriting, but if you have, maybe you'll understand.
>>
Aerosmith were great when they did some drugs (first four albums), then shit when they did too much drugs (Draw The Line through Done With Mirrors) and then shit when they got clean (Permanent Vacation onward).
>>
Or be Anthony Kiedis and make millions of dollars recording the same song about struggling with drug addiction for like 10 albums.
>>
>>70426594
How about they've always been shit m8
>>
>>70426676
Nah, Rocks is almost universally considered a classic hard rock album.
>>
>>70426324
there are plenty of musicians who did too much drugs and the music suffered (Jimmy Page, for example)
>>
>>70426635
Most bands don't have luxury of a generational guitar talent
>>
>>70426704
Combination is the best song on that album
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.