[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw they never recorded a proper studio album I mean the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: LesRallizesDenudes.jpg (96KB, 692x472px) Image search: [Google]
LesRallizesDenudes.jpg
96KB, 692x472px
>tfw they never recorded a proper studio album

I mean the live albums/bootlegs are pretty good but there are times when the bad audio quality really drags the song down.
>>
>>70390843
They tried to record one early on in their career but it sounded shit apparently so they swore off it
>>
>>70390899
Yeah that's what I read, and also that Mizutani tried again several years later but it wasn't very good either. Just sucks because I think it could have easily been one of the best albums ever (especially if recorded in their prime years).

btw if anyone wants to learn a bit more about the band, I found this article to be really informative:

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2014/12/les-rallizes-denudes-feature

It's about this journalist trying to track down the whereabouts of the frontman Takashi Mizutani but it also kinda works as a history of the band and the japanese underground scene. Interesting stuff too about this apparent rivalry that has developed between Keiji Haino of Fushitsusha and Takashi Mizutani.
>>
>>70390843
are u kidding me? the bad quality gives them their sound. studio albums would make them a generic band copying VU
>>
>>70391270

Mizutani was a part of the Japanese Francophile scene that was decidedly underground and reclusive.

Haino found it, liked their aesthetic, and ripped it off for himself and gave it mainstream exposure, which basically killed the whole scene.

Kind of like what Brian Eno did to No Wave, except Eno did it respectfully and unintentionally.

>>70391328

Have you heard Double Heads? It has pristine sound quality and shows that they had developed their own identity.
>>
>>70391328
>studio albums would make them a generic band copying VU
I think you're mixing Mizutani's guitar up with the bad sound quality
>>
>>70391270
>>70390899
Mars Studio 1980 is the remains of their failed attempt at recording an album
It's fantastic, Mizutani was just unhappy with it for one reason or another
>>
>>70391481
a good bit of mars studio does sound the tvu though
>>
>>70391328
>generic band copying VU
if you want that listen to spacemen 3 my dude
77' Live or really any of their work sounds like the velvets
you can tell they are an influence but they dont copy the sound at all
>>
>>70391624
I consider their work as a progression from sister ray. I love them but I trust the judgment of not releasing a studio album. I prefer live music anyway
>>
>>70391670
European Son was relatively important too, I'd say
>>
>>70391624
>if you want that listen to spacemen 3 my dude
No.

LRD is just OK.
>>
>>70390843
Where to start with this band?
>>
>>70392421
'77 Live, then whatever you want
Make sure you listen to Double Heads and Mizutani at some point too, but other than that just explore what you can find.
>>
>>70390843
Apparently Mizutani is paraplegic because of all the drugs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.