[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pleb stories That moment when you realize your power level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 17

File: 1475961066901.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1475961066901.png
13KB, 640x712px
ITT: Pleb stories
That moment when you realize your power level surpasses that of your adversary.
Here's my story:
>new kid at school arrives
>he goes around saying he "only listens to classical"
>all people in my grade knew classical was my favorite
>everyone is like "you should talk to the new guy, i heard he likes classical"
>don't talk to him for 6 months out of fear
>drunk at a party. run into him. he was also drunk
>start talking about classical music
>he knows some stuff
>he says he likes Gould and that the Goldberg Variations are his best recording.
>i ask, which recording do you mean, 1955 or 1981?
>he looks at me, baffles with terror
>I realize he didn't know that there were 2 recordings
>All this time he was a pleb
>mfw
>>
>>70387011
i haven't heard either but from what i've read, 1955 sounds like it will be better
>>
could've just ended with him saying he liked glenn gould but whatever
>>
>he didn't just say a year
Sure kiddo
>>
>>70387011
>Piano recordings of Baroque music
OP is a pleb as well.
>>
File: 148308044730.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
148308044730.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>70387011
>tfw your power level is so high people can't even realize it and they think you are slightly crazy.
>>
There's actually 4. in addition to 1955 and 1981 there is one from 1954 and a live performance from Salzburg in 1959 which is often regarded as the best. There's also the Zenph engineering of the 1955 recording where they take out the singing.
>>
>>70387124
>Hasn't listened to Gould's explanation for why Bach on a piano is a good thing

You thought you outplayed me, baka. You only outplebed me. Taste my justice.
>>
>>70387035
They're different. It shows how his interpretation of the material changed over time. Each different in it's own way and very VERY interesting to listen to. In my open onion.
>>
>>70387176
>implying his explanation matters
He's not Bach, he's not the composer.
Pianos didn't even exist when Bach was alive.
>>
File: Glen Gould - Kekburg Variations.png (197KB, 953x615px) Image search: [Google]
Glen Gould - Kekburg Variations.png
197KB, 953x615px
>>70387011
>What music do you like, anon?
I'm in love with classical music
>Oh cool!
You like it to? Who's your favorite composer?
>Oh I dunno. I just put it on in the background when I study.
Background... background...
>>
>>70387011
>when you realize that what you consider your power level is the same thing as an autism level, and you no longer have any self confidence because you feel like everything you do or that could possibly be good is actually sucky or not good enough
>>
>>70387124
>>70387195
Bach helped pioneer the modern piano and harpsichord is a shitty sounding limited piece of shit. This is common knowledge.
>>
>>70387195
Gottfried Silbermann built some of the first early pianos and got Bach's assessments of the instruments.
>>
>>70387195
Dear Comrade, Bach barely fucking writes bpms. His work is open to interpretation. It's okay to side with the EVERYTHING the composer said must be followed to the dot, and EVERY STEP should be taken to recreate the music the exact same way it sounded back then but come the fuck on matey that shit isn't set in stone.
>>
>>70387249
>>70387259
He helped pioneer the Pianoforte, not the Piano.
Harpsichord is a beautiful instrument.
>>
File: That's Life.jpg (151KB, 1280x849px) Image search: [Google]
That's Life.jpg
151KB, 1280x849px
>>70387195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBtSR9zLw8
Suck on this, b-b-b-baka...
>>
>>70387264
I know, the Piano is a nice instrument, not trying to deny that.
But I'd much rather prefer a Harpsichord or Organ interpretation of Bach's works, which are lacking due to the popularity of the Piano.
Chronological accuracy aside, I can enjoy Piano on Bach works as well.
>>
>>70387266
The pianoforte is an earlier version of the piano, the same kind of mechanism.
>>
>>70387293
Wait... so we're on the same side. Neither of us are plebs then? Why'd you call him a pleb then motherfucker? Eh whatever. Peace is restored. Enjoy your clav, lad.
>>
>>70387328
>Why'd you call him a pleb then motherfucker?
We are on a powerlevel thread, I thought I had some fun but I regretted it quickly because I'm a softie and I stopped it.
>>
File: Cutie.png (345KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cutie.png
345KB, 1280x720px
>>70387353
I forgive and love you,
>>
>talking across classroom with guy I knew back in 6th form
>ask him what kind of music he likes
>"really, REALLY weird stuff anon"
>tell him to try me
>"Grimes"
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x363px
>guy I work with texts me asking what I'm doing
>I send him a pic of the Velvet underground and nice vinyl
>a conversation is had, I rec him the album
>next day at work
>"hey so I listened to that album you sent me, it was definitely interesting. Do you normally listen to that kind of stuff?"
>I ask him what he listens to
>"I listen to some EDM but a lot of 80's stuff that's my favorite"
>my visage when
The conversation moved on to something else after this
>>
File: 1338588775810.png (231KB, 603x420px) Image search: [Google]
1338588775810.png
231KB, 603x420px
>>
File: 1454552615303.cached.jpg (211KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1454552615303.cached.jpg
211KB, 2000x1328px
>Be me
>Put on Temporary Secretary by the best Beetle in the morning on my phone
>My sister wakes up when she hears it
>I NEED A
>MONTIE SHUT UP
>>
File: CL4uTorWUAARXEE.jpg (20KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
CL4uTorWUAARXEE.jpg
20KB, 349x356px
>>70388063
this didn't happen, this is so embarrassing do you really fantasize about this sort of stuff?.. why?

>>70387011
didnt you post this already? you seem like a tryhard poseur yourself since youre so eager to prove your knowledge.
>>
>>70389064
this is so fucking cringey

youve got a undeserved superioty complex, Velvet is literally the beatles for 16 year olds that are REALLY into music
>>
File: olen 55 ja miksi teit sen.gif (992KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
olen 55 ja miksi teit sen.gif
992KB, 450x252px
>Be in high school
>Music lessons
>Need to play some music
>Decide to take TVU&Nico to the school as I have it on vinyl
>Get applauses from teachers due to vinyl
>Think Venus in Furs is ok due to poor lyric hearing with my own vinyl recorder
>Put it on
>Vocals crystal clear
>oh_dogs.png
>Venus in Furs ends
>Dead silence
>"well, anon, never there has been deeper silence after the song than now"
Plebs said it has no climax
>>
>>70389252 (You)
>>
>>70389286
>>70389064
samefag

the worst part is velvet is literally for people like you, boring cliches that think theyre unique in their tastes
>>
>>70389369
>critically acclaimed as one of the most influential albums of all time
>repeatedly given high scores
>every reviewer and their mother has an opinion on it
I know for a fact I'm not alone
>>
File: 6150099-large.jpg (84KB, 618x416px) Image search: [Google]
6150099-large.jpg
84KB, 618x416px
>Talking to friend (K) and another friend (P) about music
>Ask K what she is into
> K "Oh you know, Im into heavy stuff like the Arctic monkeys"
>Me and P burst into tears and laughter
>>
>>70389410
>boring cliches

also, nice. you like stuff because its critically approved and "influential" (though like all VU fans, you don't actually know what how it is influential or what it even means to be influential in popular music.)

>inb4 pseudo buzzwords like usual.
>>
Though this isn't what the thread is about at all, I thought 'd put a little spin on it. You see, I'm the pleb in this story. I have a few friends who way out-patrician me. They are all big classical fans, and I can't into classical at all, so as you can expect, our tastes don't mesh very well. They seem to actually be pretty big fans. To put it simply, they know their shit. When I try to expand my taste and get recommendations from them, they shrug it off and say "you wouldn't like it" or "it's hard for people like you to get into classical". When I recommend music to them, they either nitpick about the smallest details ("the piano sounds too digital, not real enough.") or don't listen to it at all (one of them also likes Pogo, so I recommended he listen to Since I Left You. He put all of his effort into avoiding it, refusing to look it up anywhere due to the album name alone.). So, I find myself in the corner, listening to my shitty /mu/core and feeling pretty bad. So, now you know how it feels to be pleb.
>>
>>70389441
It's critically approved for a reason man
Stop being such a contrarian
>>
>>70389369
Nope
>>
File: 1481168124416.jpg (50KB, 540x477px) Image search: [Google]
1481168124416.jpg
50KB, 540x477px
>co-worker notices I listen to a lot of music
>asks me for recommendations for indie bands
>know she's already a pleb, so try to recommend really accessible artists (Fleet Foxes, Arcade Fire, Yo La Tengo...)
>goes on her phone
>think she's going to listen to songs on youtube or something
>she's on google images
>she looks at pictures of the bands
>"None of these bands are really my type, Anon. Thanks anyway."
>>
>>70389460
>contrarian

funny, being VU is for teenage contrarians that think theyre too cool and edgy for the beatles

velvet underground is a shitty band that spawned the most absolutely vile and toxic trends that the public/critics are still falling for to this day, they weren't talentless but they were hacks in how they made mediocre music with the now crucial image of being apathetic and sarcastic, they are such a shit band

>>70389493
literally the exact response in this instance i would expect from a vu fan

you people are so boring, such a weird connection that every single VU fan is the exact same
>>
>>70389555
Those are tumblr hipster bands. So she shut that shit down. Respect to her, I'd probably think you were some fucking tryhard moron in her place too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>70389575
I like both bands though
>>
>>70389575
You are the literal anti-scaruffi
>>
>>70389600
both of these fall under the public opinion of 'good taste', though the beatles are the only good musicians here. they were genuinely creative and talented without having to resort to cynicism and punk nhilism dude lmao. velvet undergrounds unfaltering critical/commercial success to this day proves that you dont have to actually be creative or particularly talented as long as you set about an image that implies otherwise, so long as you follow the standard "good music' guidelines (pretend like you dont care, namedrop/look smart or intelligent, ALWAYS be a cynic) and VU ticks all these boxes.
>>
>>70389815
Stop typing paragraphs at me you're not going to change my mind if that's what you're trying to do here
>>
>>70389815
you seem upset
>>
>>70389234
it actually happened, that guy was just something else. a few months later he said he only said Grimes because everything else he listens to was Spanish stuff I wouldn't have heard of. DESU he was probably right. He ended up dropping out right before the final exams and moving to Cambodia, or so I heard.
>>
>>70389555
kek
>>
File: 1408428343332.jpg (172KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1408428343332.jpg
172KB, 1200x900px
>working
>listening to Viet Cong s/t
>Co-worker (woman) is working with me
>Asks what I'm listening to
>Tell her
>Knew who they are, but mostly because of controversy around their name (they had just changed it at the time)
>Talk about how other punk bands have names that get construed as offensive too, so it's not like it's anything new.
>She's says some stuff about it, thinks it is kinda offensive
>I understand why
>move on because I'm not an asshole who thinks women are impressed by musical knowledge/are worth less because they don't listen to the same music as I do
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>70393178
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.