[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Metal. What happened? The cookie monster vocals thr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2853.gif (19KB, 524x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2853.gif
19KB, 524x527px
>The Metal.

What happened? The cookie monster vocals throughout, the blastbeats, the lack of harmony/melody, skinny & pale/obese middle-class white kids are prevalent in a once proud genre. Notice me making criticisms with little or no depth? Sure, but the point remains:

No one else cringes listening to Black Metal? The image, the lack of distinction. Y'know, I actually enjoy Bathory, Possessed... Along with the 'usuals;' Burzum, Darkthrone, etc, but you must understand, in a genre set on being evil, brutal and whatnot... One may cringe, where the 'evil' vocals sound as such to you, the ethos of the whole genre is not 'The Metal' as much as you'd like to think so.

80's Thrash was the last incarnation of legit badass, brutal, evil... All those words you love using describing the latest 'The Metal' apply to Thrash... A genre which has been polluted, i'm not about to defend the redundant shit that has been released the last few years.

Anyways, here, some *ahem* tr00 Metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeEbm7kk-o
Notice the aura, the legit badass performance, genuine humble guys who don't need to hide behind 'evil' vocals and facepaint, and can revamp their studio songs live.

Oh, Death metal gets it, but the genre produces only a select few gems, with a lot being kiddie Metal. Black metal has atmosphere, I enjoy a select few, but my criticisms are valid.

tl;dr: God forbid I wish to not cringe listening to 'The Metal.' Most 'core' punk influenced bands with an emphasis on 'crust' produce legit Metal, Gorgoroth do not.
>>
black metal is the purest form of metal
>>
File: euro.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
euro.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>70370500
>skinny & pale/obese middle-class white kids are prevalent in a once proud genre
>>
literally no idea what the fuck you're trying to say m8
>>
Well, tell me why black is better than other metal genres cause I really don't get it.
>>
>>70372459
i wish i were as cool as euronymeme
AAAAAAAARRGH!!!!
>>
File: warrant.jpg (52KB, 468x303px) Image search: [Google]
warrant.jpg
52KB, 468x303px
we need glam back to show how metal is suppose to be.
>>
>>70370500
real talk though, Burning of Sodom is the greatest thrash barnburner of all time
>>
Euro was too fucked up
>>
who /weebslam/ here?
>>
>>70370500
I think that old school death metal is the ultimate form of metal
At least when compared to rock, metal tends contains these aspects:
>Structured around riffs, rather than verse/chorus
>Overall darker and heavier, more evil sound
>Extreme vocal delivery (especially in the realm of harsh vocals)
While there are notable exceptions to these tenets (power metal), these are the tropes that metal is most commonly associated with by fans. While I still consider myself a novice listener, I'm trying to spread out and listen to as much as possible. By far, the subgenre and style that has stuck with me the most is old school death metal, commonly referred to as OSDM. This term denotes a style that directly evolved from thrash and for a while dominated the sound of death metal (1985-1995), before the genre grew and favored specific variations of the genre (brutal, technical, and melodic death metal). It is hard to pin down as a style, because there are many variations.
Looking back at my three points, it meets them in spades. OSDM is riff-heavy: verses and choruses (if they’re even present) are connected by riffs, rather than a standard structure. It’s evil: not only does the music sound dark, but its lyrics concern gore, Satan, and misanthropy. The vocals sound extremely inhuman: hardly any bands sing, preferring a range of grosteque snarls, growls, grunts, and rasps. Looking back at these tenets, this is exactly what set metal apart from rock in the first place.
To clarify, I’m not saying that:
>OSDM is objectively the best kind of metal.
>Other genres of metal are not as worthy or as metal as OSDM.
>You have to like OSDM in order to like metal.
When I say “ultimate”, I mean it in the sense of “ending a process or a series”, not “the best”. The process OSDM ends is the transition from rock music to metal music.
>>
>>70370500
The first few black metal bands were good because they were authentic and original. Varg, Fenriz, Snorre etc all listened to electronic/"pop" music like Alphaville, Dead can dance, The cure etc. But also a few Thrash and punk albums; so everything they made was original and it was good stuff. It was a revolt of the try hard edginess of thrash and death metal bands. Thrash listeners are a bunch of drunken losers who drive pickup trucks and wear wife beaters. False masculinity and the music was just a manifestation of their lack of balls/brains. Anything but the original thrash/death metal bands are copycats and the quality of the music/people are in decline. You have people trying to be manly copying other men trying to be manly so what you end up with is a bunch of out of shape losers who are socially retarded and parade their favorite bands around on the clothes because they have no personality (outside of the shitty one they try to hide).

You say Gorgoroth do not produce metal but listen to the few songs written by Gaahl and King(?), they are rich with symbolism and metaphors with a sonic atmosphere that plays on that. Playing a bunch of palm muted notes + power chords really fast with terrible lyrics is the musical equivalent to drag racing; no talent and no creativity just a means to an end for big dumb drunkards with no musical skill outside of copying their idols. The idea of corpse paint caught on with "posers", the only one who really wore it was Per Ohlin because he was mentall ill. And gorgoroth wears it along with alot of other props as performance art. Which is obvious since it never caught onto you that it could be just a show and they arent trying to be edgy like you (I wear denim vests with patches because im cool! You wear paint on stage wow what a nerd!)

Tldr 80s metal is a bunch of losers trying to look manly and a bunch of faggots idolizing them because they have no balls whatsoever.
>>
>>70373526
Death metal riffs are fast played nonsense that relys on major/minor-esque thought process. Go look at any of them play, it consists of power chords and minor scales. Sound wise its the guitar equivalent to dubstep; loud and distorted because edgy kids like it.
>>
>>70373825
>>70373951
wew
>>
File: 645656.png (23KB, 469x446px) Image search: [Google]
645656.png
23KB, 469x446px
>>70370500
Metal is finally getting good now that people who support human rights and issues like racial equality have entered the scene

You're an edgy jackoff OP
>>
>>70370500
>I actually enjoy Bathory
You enjoy faggotry. Black Metal is and will always be war.
>>
>>70375556
one off, please kill me
>>
File: 1440454162447.png (69KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1440454162447.png
69KB, 618x618px
>this thread
>>
File: 1483908852805.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
1483908852805.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>70374537
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.