[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like The Doors? What's your favorite album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: doors.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
doors.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Do you guys like The Doors? What's your favorite album?
Never listened to them for some reason outside of a couple of tracks here and there until recently, and they're pretty good.
>>
the album The Doors was probably their best. really good psychedelic vibes
>>
they're ok but very samey

i doubt most of /mu/ likes them

best album is the one with when the music's over, i don't really remember, i'm not a classic rock faggot anymore
>>
Debut album is great
L.A. Woman is great too except I could go without King Snake
>>
>>70369869
Jim Morrison sounds like an asshole
>>
>>70371484
he wasn't
he was everybody's best friend, life of the party
>>
>>70369869
The Soft Parade is great along with Waiting for The Sun and their debut album.
>>
>>70372525
nah he was a total asshole, his entire determination was to push people's limits and manipulate their expectations. he was also an unreliable drunk. but i think these things add to his mystique; if he wasn't like that the whole lizard king concept wouldn't have worked
>>
Grew up listening to it because of my dad. He had a cassette tape or CD in every car and has a bunch of their albums for Karaoke too.
>>
I think LA Woman is their best album, though the s/t is very close. Good band.
>>
File: Piero_Scaruffi_(2016)_(cropped).jpg (16KB, 220x302px) Image search: [Google]
Piero_Scaruffi_(2016)_(cropped).jpg
16KB, 220x302px
>>70369869
Of all creative bands in the history of rock music, the Doors may have been the most creative. Their first album contains only masterpieces and remains virtually unmatched. Jim Morrison may well be the single most important rock frontman. He is the one who defined the rock vocalist as an artist, not just a singer. Ray Manzaker's style at the keyboards was at the vanguard of the fusion of classical, jazz, soul and rock music. The virulence of some of their riffs bridged the blues-rock era and the hard-rock era. Whether it was him, Krieger or Manzarek or all of them, their songs have a unique quality that has never been repeated. They are metaphysical while being psychological and while being physical (eroticand violent). They are the closest thing rock music has produced to William Shakespeare.

Their sound, a fierce blues-rock far more mature than the shy beat in circulation at the time, catapulted them to the top: the exuberant organ played by Manzarek (that also served as bass and chorus), the neat, dreamy, hallucinogenic, typically West Coast guitar of Krieger and the bluesy fiber in the fabric of Densmore's drumming sound, created the suggestive backdrop to which Morrison added with his cavernous voice continual references to darkness, void, oblivion and death. His sensational sermons shocked and enlightened the existentially damned. Like many of the Bay Area, Doors concerts also became actual "acid tests", during which the band rambled and stretched blues classics to the limit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.