[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's no big secret that the period of time between the mid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: garbaje.png (1MB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
garbaje.png
1MB, 830x830px
It's no big secret that the period of time between the mid 90s and the mid 00s essentially killed rock music as a credible force forever.

In light of this established fact, rank these meme genres from least-worst to most-worst
>>
>>70365954
1. nu-metal
3. pop-punk
4. revival crap
2. pure butt-rock
>>
I'd call it even between 1-3 for the least worst spott since Black Parade and American Idiot at least are well produced, and Americana and Riot attempted something. In the other hand... 1 has Disturbed, Papa Roach, Evanescense and Linkin' Park, the other bands have a few redeeming qualities at least.

So,
>1-3
>4
>2
>>
4>1>3>2
>>
>>70365954
+1 for every album in this pic that is somewhat decent:

>korn s/t
>toxicity
>white pony
>the colour and the shape
>riot
>welcome to the black parade
>franz ferdinand
>silent alarm

-1 for every album that is just unforgivably awful to the point that it makes me angry just to think about it

>every other post-grunge album
>every other nu-metal album except linking park
>every other meme indie album except interpol and death cab
>that fucking good charlotte album. blink and panic! annoy me too so they can go in the fire

nu-metal: -2
butt-grunge: -7
pop punk: -1
revivalshit: -3

so 3 > 1 > 4 > 2
>>
4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>> 2 = 3
>>
>>70366503
>Thinks Korns S/T is good
then you proceed to say that every NU- metal band except Linkin Park is garbage? Nigga what your pleb opinions doesnt even make sense.
>>
>>70366681
>somewhat decent
more to do with the fact that it dropped in '94, so there was at least some creativity involved. it quite often eschews pop hooks in a way no other nu-metal that came after it did so even if the end result is often quite cringey at least there's been some kind of artistic attempt made

as for linking park, getting angry about them is like getting angry about NSYNC. possible, i'm sure, but a total waste of energy
>>
>>70365954
The Indie albums are actually decent
>>
>>70366823
KEK

2009 /mu/ is that way -->
>>
Actually good tier:
Nu Metal

Mixed Tier: (overall weak with a few classics)
Pop punk
"Indie"

Bad tier:
"Alternative"
>>
>>70365954
evanescence is literally the best new band to come out during the 90s-10s
if they didn't get memed to death they would be getting the praise they deserve
>>
>>70367745
>Linkin Park with le classy lady on vocals
>good
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.