[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never really been into music Now i've been browsing /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1471372563033.png (12KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471372563033.png
12KB, 205x246px
Never really been into music

Now i've been browsing /mu/ for awhile and REEEEEEEEEEEE
there's so many things to listen to, i feel overwhelmed
how do you go about listening to new music?
i want to try it all
>>
http://www.albumoftheyear.org/2017/releases/january-01.php?s=release

>i want to try it all
very first entry Brian Eno literally never ends
>>
>>70356159
>and REEEEEEEEEEEE
do you actually talk like that when writing?
>feels picture
you are like a living meme
>>
>>70356159
Avoid pretty much anything post-2012 Pitchfork recommends and you'll be good. That will filter out like 80% of the trash /mu/ posts about daily. I'd suggest looking at Rate Your Music charts from each decade and giving each top 10 album a listen, just to see what you like and go from there.
>>
>>70356159
You wanna get right to the meat of it?

Get into the stuff posted in the /classical/ threads. If you want to spend your free time actually closely listening to, observing, analyzing the music that's the only way to go.

For something more hip in that style of music, you may wanna ask for further help later on since things get really crazy when it comes to 20th century and 21st century classical/art music.

As far as music for any other occasion, just listen to whatever's popular. Works from the likes of Kanye West or Kendrick Lamar for example can have some banger tracks but still be interesting to listen to.
>>
File: allmucore.jpg (3MB, 2060x3825px) Image search: [Google]
allmucore.jpg
3MB, 2060x3825px
>>70356159
this'll get you through the memes
>>
>>70356399
i've always wanted to get into classical and actually appreciate it
>>
>>70356399
Back to your containment thread.
>>
>i want to try it all

find some digital library with an assload of songs from all eras in alphabetical order, put on shuffle while you jack off, work, study, etc. Skip the stuff that's shitty, write down anything that's interesting to listen again later.

if you want to listen to "all of it" this is probably a pretty good way.

If you want to do it in a sane way you should find features of music that aren't genre specific that you like and look for those qualities in other styles or genres if you want to explore even further.
>>
>>70356186
exactly what i thought, seemed like some kind of retired r9k frequenter
>>
>>70356159
You have to be an obsessed nerd or you always be a music pleb
>>
>>70356458
You wanna frequent the /classical/ threads then. The threads themselves, like many general threads on 4chan, start with a lot of helpful download links. Maybe start off with some Mozart, then delve into the bevy of stuff you can find in those links like do one or two works of music from each era at a time.

Not necessarily required, but if you help in interpreting the stuff, the best way to go is the /comp/ general. It's not always up, but when it is, it has helpful links that explain technical terms for techniques not only used in theory, but what those techniques/ideas lead to.

Outside the memeposting and snobposting, there's also sometimes good in depth discussion to be had on some of the works in these threads as well.
>>
>>70356578
it's like these guys have no self-awareness at all. i really cringe at thinking they act like this irl
>>
>>70356732
>taking anything seriously
>4chan

Choose one and only one
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.