[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Revolutionized Rock music >Ahead of their time >Making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

>Revolutionized Rock music
>Ahead of their time
>Making music that no other artist would dare to make
>Was able to get out of their comfort zone and experiment
These are all things that The Velvet Underground DIDN'T do. That true geniuses like John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, etc have done.
But some of those artist Will only be seen as pedestal for other genres and artist. While The Velvet Underground will keep being seen as important "geniuses" and keep being #1 on every greatest bands of all time list.
>>
File: 1472265993169.jpg (81KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1472265993169.jpg
81KB, 785x757px
>Revolutionized music
>Ahead of their time
>Making music that no other artist would dare to make
>Was able to get out of their comfort zone and experiment
These are all things that your favorite band DIDN'T do. That true geniuses like my favorite artists have done.
But some of those artist Will only be seen as pedestal for other genres and artist. While your favorite band will keep being seen as important "geniuses" and keep being #1 on every greatest bands of all time list.
>>
>only good retrospectively
really makes me think
>>
>>70352010
Boring bait
>>
>>70352818
>"They were a driving force in the Velvets, and made us work harder and got us on our bikes. Rubber Soul was where you were forced to deal with them as something other than a flash in the pan. It was rich in ideas and I loved the way George managed to find a way to include all those Indian instruments. Lou and I had tried to work with the sarinda. We were only playing it just to get a noise but I realized you could play melody on the sitar as good as Norwegian Wood. Norwegian Wood had this atmosphere of being very acid. I don’t think anybody has ever got that sound or that feeling as well as the Beatles."

- john cale
>>
>>70352862
Why can't I like the Beatles and the Velvets, buster?
>>
File: lou_reed.png (194KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
lou_reed.png
194KB, 500x290px
>>
>>70352862
So fuckin what? Velvet was more influential and important than Beatles.
>>
>>70352931
Because one is good and innovative (the Beatles) and the other is edgy and formulaic (sucking on my ding dong)
>>
>>70353035
>My contrarian opinion conforms with reality
Too bad it doesn't
>>
>>70353046
>formulaic
Bait is supposed to be believable, anon. You can accuse The Velvet Underground of being edgy but you can't accuse them of being formulaic. TVU&N and WL/WH are groundbreaking albums and with every album they tried something new. TVU&N has a variety of styles, WL/WH is noiser and more experimental than the rest of their discography, TVU is laid back folk rock, Loaded is pop rock.
>>
VU influenced GOOD music. Beatles influenced generic radio pop.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.