[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitchfork eternally BTFO https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJwpAW jtth/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 24

File: treznor.jpg (167KB, 1172x749px) Image search: [Google]
treznor.jpg
167KB, 1172x749px
Pitchfork eternally BTFO

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJwpAWjtth/
>>
>>70347826
Holy shit Trent is just raging everywhere now. Stop this mad man
>>
I'm cryin senpai, he's really pissed off

I'd be salty too desu
>>
>>70347965
Can't blame him. The Fragile might be his most personal work and magnus opus. And you got this bald headed pretentious fuck with leddit humour mocking you in his review while you are at your worst state in your life.

Cunt indeed
>>
Hope he goes back to shitposting as much as he did back around The Slip era.
>>
File: 1482948576867.jpg (90KB, 428x403px) Image search: [Google]
1482948576867.jpg
90KB, 428x403px
>>70347826
>>
>>70348026
>magnus opus
>>
File: bobby.jpg (54KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
54KB, 900x900px
>tfw it's real
is he [spoiler]/OurGuy/?[/spoiler]
>>
>>70347826

p4k populism strikes again.

I'm actually quite fond of this album but holy shit if this doesn't underline how much p4k is obsessed with being in the current "cool crowd".
>>
>>70348026

omfg magnus opus
>>
>>70348118
I meant to say his best album. Yeah that term is stupid.
>>
File: snape.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snape.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>70348126
the magnus makes me think of casting spells and stuff
>>
>>70347826
I fucking love Trent so much
>>
You guys should also album descriptions of his on his own website. For example this is for Not The Actual Events

>UNAPOLOGETIC, UNFRIENDLY, DENSE, LYRICALLY COMPLEX, SO-FAR-BEHIND-THE-TIMES-IT’S-AHEAD-OF-ITS-TIME, HIPSTER-REPELLING UNCOMPROMISING MUSIC SMART PEOPLE CAN FUCK TO. IT MAY NOT BE FOR YOU.

http://www.nin.com/discography/
>>
>>70348126

no "magnus" is a person's name, it's magnum opus

The p4k article says its his magnum opus, so you might as well have been quoting the article or referencing popular consensus today.
>>
>>70348298
Oh. Nope. Just a mobile fag who does not have an access to a computer. My writting is awful on the phone. Sorry
>>
>>70347826
Trent is pretty based
>>
Hes just mad because his career is dead and only middle age mallgoths listen to his edgy music
>>
>>70348232
>lyrically complex

lmao
>>
>>70348344
His newest EP sold really well without any marketing. He also does soundtracks for Hollywood. I don't think his career will die. His career will die when he will stop soundtracks, NIN. Or die himself
>>
File: brent.jpg (200KB, 800x948px) Image search: [Google]
brent.jpg
200KB, 800x948px
Brent eternally blown the fuck out.
>>
File: lynch.jpg (46KB, 445x581px) Image search: [Google]
lynch.jpg
46KB, 445x581px
may 21st
>>
>>70348393
I mean for NIN, it is, kek. And this is coming from a hardcore fan.
>>
>" I don't know why I want to do these things, other than my desire to escape from Small Town, U.S.A., to dismiss the boundaries, to explore. It isn't a bad place where I grew up, but there was nothing going on but the cornfields. My life experience came from watching movies, watching TV and reading books and looking at magazines. And when your fucking culture comes from watching TV every day, you're bombarded with images of things that seem cool, places that seem interesting, people who have jobs and careers and opportunities. None of that happened where I was. You're almost taught to realize it's not for you."
I went to his wiki because of this thread and it accidentally made me feel, guys
>>
>>70348462
>>
>>70348462
I just want something I can never have...
>>
>>70348432
it would be cool if he had a larger part, or at least a speaking role.
>>
File: Trent Rezfeels.png (62KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Trent Rezfeels.png
62KB, 645x773px
"I was thinking a lot about The Downward Spiral album era, and the person I was at that time. Downward Spiral felt like I had an unending bottomless pit of rage and self-loathing inside me and I had to somehow challenge something or I'd explode. I thought I could get through by putting everything into my music, standing in front of an audience and screaming emotions at them from my guts.But after a while it didn't sustain itself, and other things took over – drugs and alcohol. And I'm happy that I don't feel that way any more.

I've learned to recognize, a lot of it forced through the process of recovery, that I'm wired wrong in certain ways, the chemical balance of my brain is off in terms of depression a little bit. This record was written as the other side of that journey. The despair and loneliness and rage and isolation and the not-fitting-in aspect that still is in me, but I can express that in a way that feels more appropriate to who I am now. And often that rage is quieter."

-on Hesitation Marks
>>
>>70347826
yassss slay queen slay
>>
>>70348462
Basically, Trent.

>Insecure, to this day as he admits in the most interview after EP.
>Diagnosed with clinical depression
>He didn't grow up with his parents. But with his gtandmother who raised him
>Rejection throughout youth
>First song he wrote "Down In It" was about suicide
>Got addicted into cocaine and alcohol.
>His grandmother died around time after The Downward Spiral. He saw her death. The Day The World Went Away and I Am Looking To Join You, Finally are dedicated to her.
>Moved near ocean during The Fragile with an intention to commit suicide by drowning. Instead write song La Mer

>About 10 years ago or so I locked myself away in a house on the ocean, and I tried to... well, I said I was trying to write some music. Some of which wound up on The Fragile. But what I was really doing was trying to kill myself. And the whole time I was away by myself, I managed to write one song, which is this song. So when I play it I feel pretty weird about it, because it takes me back to a pretty dark and awful time in my life. It’s weird to think how different things are now I’m still alive, I haven’t died yet. And I’m afraid to go back to that place because it feels kind of haunting to me, but I’m going to go back. I’m going to get married there.
>>
>>70348506
>>70348540
>>70348665
>>70348711
Well fuck. I really hope he is alright these days. Here's something to lighten the mood
https://youtu.be/O4H5h-oHvuo
>>
>>70348711
Video to the speech

https://youtu.be/rIsAazPVnFQ
>>
>>70348711
boo hoo

talk about being a self-pitying asshole
>>
>>70348118
>>70348065
its his magnus opuns though music is subjective you know.
>>
>>70348844
>It's another "I don't know what depression" episode
>>
File: Father and Son.jpg (106KB, 940x362px) Image search: [Google]
Father and Son.jpg
106KB, 940x362px
My career was skyrocketing, but the scaffolding that was holding me up as a person was starting to collapse. I wasn't fully aware of how bad it was getting, but I knew, in my heart, that I was on an unsustainable, reckless, self-destructive path.

When I met David, he had been through that. And he was content. He was at peace with himself, with an incredible wife, clearly in love. There were a number of times where the two of us were alone, and he said some things that weren't scolding, but pieces of wisdom that stuck with me: "You know, there is a better way here, and it doesn't have to end in despair or in death, in the bottom."

A full year later, I hit bottom. Once I got clean, I felt a tremendous amount of shame, of my actions and missed opportunities and the damage that I've caused in the past. And I thought back to the time when we were together a lot, and I wonder what that could have been like if I was at 100 percent. I'm Afraid of Americans falls into that category of me at my worst — out of my mind and ashamed of who I was at that time. So when I see that, I have mixed feelings. Grateful to be involved, and flattered to be a part of it, but disgusted at myself, at who I was at that time, and wishing I had been 100 percent me. And it nagged me.

A few years later, Bowie came through L.A. I'd been sober for a fair amount of time. I wanted to thank him in the way that he helped me. And I reluctantly went backstage, feeling weird and ashamed, like, "Hey, I'm the guy that puked on the rug." And again, I was met with warmth, and grace, and love. And I started to say, "Hey listen, I've been clean for ..." I don't even think I finished the sentence; I got a big hug. And he said, "I knew. I knew you'd do that. I knew you'd come out of that." I have goosebumps right now just thinking about it. It was another very important moment in my life.
>>
>>70348928
> I don't even think I finished the sentence; I got a big hug. And he said, "I knew. I knew you'd do that. I knew you'd come out of that."

;_;
>>
>>70348898
>feeling bad for world famous rock stars

I know what depression is, specifically clinical depression, you're just wasting your time feeling sorry for people in his position.
>>
File: 1421967860534.jpg (115KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1421967860534.jpg
115KB, 680x680px
>>70348792
>american comedy
>mfw this was an actual television show and not just some shitty youtube channel
>>
File: jjjjjjuuuu.jpg (80KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
jjjjjjuuuu.jpg
80KB, 500x737px
>>70348928
fuck...
>>
>>70348928
This is making me miss David Bowie even fucking more
>>
>>70348699
underrated post
>>
File: i_am_a_man.png (308KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i_am_a_man.png
308KB, 500x500px
>And I started to say, "Hey listen, I've been clean for ..." I don't even think I finished the sentence; I got a big hug. And he said, "I knew. I knew you'd do that. I knew you'd come out of that.
>>
>>70349992
>get a hug from your idol

damn, so sad senpai
>>
>>70350096
He also said David Bowies death was a death of a mentor
>>
>>70348506

wtf i love greyhounds now
>>
Hope you lads are ready for Year Zero 2: Trump Edition.
>>
>>70348711

tfw that's basically you but you do nothing of value and have no real talent so no one will ever analyze your shit like this and everyone just thinks you're weird.
>>
>>70348928

how can one man be so much better than everyone else?
>>
"Every city in America has at least one Gothic club. In New Orleans, it's the Blue Crystal. When a band like the Cure is in town, the Blue Crystal throws a party after the show. The club called Reznor, the closest thing they have to a local dignitary, to invite him to the Cure after-show party. Further conversation revealed that the only way the Cure would show is if Reznor is there, too. You can't hear it anywhere in Nine Inch Nails, but Reznor is a Cure fan from way back. He considers the Cure's The Head On The Door" one of the best records ever." His favorite description of himself: "Robert Smith with a head cold."

"I end up going to the club, and surprisingly, everyone from the Cure is there. And the bartender calls me over and says, 'Robert really wants to talk to you.'" Reznor smiles, makes a face that says: You mean I have to meet one of my teen idols in a goth club in Louisiana? Now? In front of all these people?

"It ends up," Reznor says, "me and him, hugging on the dance floor. He's like, 'I love you, dude,' and I'm like, 'I love you too, man.'" The Cure fans formed a loose circle around the pair while New Order's "Blue Monday" pumped out of the speakers. "It was the greatest scene," Reznor says.

"We were both fairly incoherent," he feels compelled to add."
>>
File: reznor1-1024x768.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
reznor1-1024x768.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
>be Gary Numan
>go through major creative slump
>depressed, turn on tv and watch Nine Inch Nails rip it up at Woodstock
>Become inspired once again
>Get in contact with Alan Moulder
>Moulder mentions to you that every morning during the he creation of the Downward Sprial, Trent would listen to Telekon.

The Master inspired the student, who in turn revitalized the master.

http://www.electronicbeats.net/mr-style-icon-gary-numan-on-trent-reznor/
>>
File: 1370546718-trent_reznor_young.jpg (16KB, 469x318px) Image search: [Google]
1370546718-trent_reznor_young.jpg
16KB, 469x318px
Young Trent is cute. CUTE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI
>>
File: 9d713a46.png (233KB, 648x384px) Image search: [Google]
9d713a46.png
233KB, 648x384px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE

“Many years ago, a young and naive Nine Inch Nails were asked what TV shows they’d be interested in appearing on. As a joke (and likely drunk), they thought of the most absurd choice they could come up with at the time.

They were then informed their bluff had been called and were actually booked on said show (thanks again Sioux Z). They hopped in their Honda Civic touring vehicle (hatchback) and travelled many miles to (I think) NJ for the big show.

They had a laugh making fun of the people, their fashion choices and hairstyles. Life was good. Years later, the internet is discovered… There’s a moral in there somewhere.

Come to think of it, Skrillex may indeed owe me some publishing on that hairdo…”

-Trent Reznor many years later
>>
File: 1406427177045.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1406427177045.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
The really good thing about unstable/emotional artists is that every time they get mad at something, it usually results in a really good product from the incident, which only puts more fire into the grudge at the other side, in a endless battle of egos and angst
>>
>>70352002
but trent hasn't put out decent nin music in 12 years
>>
>>70352059

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY

lurk more friendo
>>
>>70352150
proving his point lad
>>
>>70348232
>MUSICALLY AND CONCEPTUALLY WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME. AN ELABORATE CONCEPT RECORD SET IN THE NEAR FUTURE (OR THE PRESENT, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT THE POST-TRUMP WORLD), EACH SONG IS A “SNAPSHOT” OF LIFE SET AGAINST ELABORATELY DECONSTRUCTED ELECTRONICS. A PUZZLE-BOX THAT REWARDS THE REPEAT LISTENER.

Holy shit
>>
>>70352159

>his

your*
>>
>that time the FBI spent a year investigating the Down In It music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohVTCUtBT_8
>>
>>70352193
wouldn't it be my*

whatever. the new EP is not even close to with teeth.
>>
>>70352161
i mean its shitty he's sniffing his own farts but this is a very accurate description of Year Zero
>>
File: leshiteatinggrinface.png (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
leshiteatinggrinface.png
8KB, 500x500px
>>70347826
Here's a link to the original review
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

This guy fucking relishes in shitting all over the album. Wonder where one "Brent DiCrescenzo" is now in life, in comparison to Trent

Oh wait, he's actually now the Managing Editor for Chicago's much revered MeTV, known for their syndication of only the finest 1970's television programs

https://twitter.com/bdicrescenzo
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-14-19-57-48-1.png (115KB, 1440x670px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-14-19-57-48-1.png
115KB, 1440x670px
""""""""""""""trusted"""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>70352607

see for comparison.

>>70348400
>>
>"Well Grandpa, I'm a normie now. Happy?"
>>
>>70347826
He's right tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J418kXOc62A

Daily reminder that happy and hopeful trent is best trent
>>
>>70352744
>aw shit I knew these niggas were on some best friend shit ayyy
>>
>>70352795
I fucking forgot this banger
>>
>>70352814

>and he said first, what the hell do you think this place is? you know he just couldn't believe it
>>
>>70348928
oh fuck
>>
In all honesty the title track from this album set me off on a 5 year obsession with fucked up scene girls and I'm pretty grateful for that.

If it wasn't for the stench that comes from stretched ears I wouldn't probably still be there too.
>>
File: 1442977321113.jpg (175KB, 706x596px) Image search: [Google]
1442977321113.jpg
175KB, 706x596px
>>70351631
What the fuck man.

This reads like some emo kid's high school fan fiction
>>
>>70354379
much like nin's lyrics
>>
why'd you give any value to a music review anyway? music taste is extremely subjective, moreso than taste in almost any other thing
>>
>>70348321
Phone posters truly are cancer.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.