[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Manson such an eccentric personality? I'm not really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: wenn22617822.jpg (325KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
wenn22617822.jpg
325KB, 1000x725px
Why was Manson such an eccentric personality?

I'm not really knowledgeable on Marilyn Manson due to me being born in 1996 and yet I've heard a lot of things about him like he was flamboyant and an almost enigma. He knew how to draw attention himself and even I know that he was a damn good singer.

But how did his eccentric personality come across? I mean I imagine some of the stuff he said and acted like rubbed a few people the wrong way?

Can someone more knowledgeable on Manson help explain why he was viewed as a borderline enigma outside of the music studio?
>>
hes an asshole who cant sing the only song people give a fuck about from him is a cover which isnt as good as the original but the original was good enough it hit airwaves and manson was just really popular through appealing to a demographic that no one else wanted to take up
>>
on a side note though the reason he was so popular was because the dude had an in depth understanding of psychology
>>
>>70312803
There was a shitload of false rumors made about him during his heyday, it was pretty remarkable. Stories of him sacrificing animals and even children on stage, throwing live animals into the audience and forcing the audience to kill it, having his lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick, the list goes on.
I think it was a mixture of him antagonizing the religious community creating a sort of Trump-like fearful hysteria mixed with the rise of the internet for easily spreadable disinfo. He reveled in it though.
It did scare quite a few people, the image of drug abusing gender bending shit and the anti-christian themes, he had protests outside his shows all the time (although NIN also did before that).
Funnily enough, PC culture seemed to be more of a Conservative thing back then, and it was dying at the time, most were more accepting to freaky transgressive shit, which is probably why he succeeded.
>>
He absolutely wasn't the first to do what he did, but he did his "shock value" to extreme, I'm sure someone like him has a whole team of people making his image. He just did things that were ridiculous. That's it.
>>
>>70312803
I dont know but RIP sweet prince ;-;
>>
Don't forget he's also friends with Boyd Rice and an all out occult nazi.
>>
>>70312803

Well he was on Interscope for quite a while. Eminem and his manager went with interscope for this reason. Because they thought they were capable of pushing "controversial" artists. There were a few more that pushed buttons on the label but I can't remember.
>>
I'd recommend his Long Road To Hell memoir, its well written and has a lot of debauchery etc.

He loved Kiss growing up and was really going for the shock rock Ozzy thing. He was also super smart in interviews but in later years got into absinthe which kind of mellowed him.
Good on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrHFB2KP8fc
>>
>>70313824
I used to think he was so smart.
Listening to these old interviews that blew me away when I was young is just 'meh' now.
He is a good speaker but doesn't really say anything that insightful.
>>
Alice Cooper for generation X

NIN was ten times better at music. But Manson was better at pissing off kid's parents
>>
>>70313970
The best thing about NIN is that they stil have very high quality, Hesitation Marks and their new EP was amazing, the soundtracks also keep them relavant.

Manson kinda faded away, he has following but he really is only remember for being controversial, most people don't talk about his music or its meaning.
>>
He was a maximum edgelord which appealed to teenagers, and is a hardcore drug addict. Right place, right time.
>>
>>70314029
He's STILL a drug addict? You'd think that by seeing how well Trent turned out he'd be inspired.
>>
>>70314061

Massive cokehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kdmOQlqfQ You can see Doug Stanhope talking about him and Manson doing lots of coke and Manson loving it (Manson is in the room behind the curtain somewhere). I don't have a timestamp, haven't watched it in a while.
>>
>>70314081
Jesus christ, I wonder how much time he has left. This stuff can kill you over time
>>
>>70312803
>3edgy5me
>can't sing
>can't write for shit
>poorly analyses political situations
>le angry white boy meme
No one likes him except edgy teenagers and manchildren.
>>
>>70314081
That podcast was actually fucking gold. Ol' Billy redface killed it.
>>
Antichrist Superstar is actually a solid album, but I have a feeling that's mostly due to Reznor.
>>
File: tumblr_ojm72f5ppn1rv98hgo1_1280.jpg (295KB, 988x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojm72f5ppn1rv98hgo1_1280.jpg
295KB, 988x1280px
>>70314224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI

>Trent. Hey, you'll play the guitar
>Manson: But Trent, I am no talent loser, I can't play the guitar
>Trent: Whatever, just fake it for this video.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.