[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the best songs are the singles and they're not even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0112.jpg (59KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
59KB, 620x620px
>tfw the best songs are the singles and they're not even that good

I love The Castle though. Let's discuss, /mu/
>>
it leaked
>>
Fuck y'all niggas for ignoring me
>>
/mu/ doesn't care about FLips anymore, it's all about memerap and generic indie rock now.
>>
quite comfy album desu
it reminds the recents Mercury Rev: decent laidback neo-progressive pop.
>>
>>70314613
ok, just finished to listen to it
it's lazy, uninspired and one of their worst release.
>>
Fucking awful album
>>
>>70312385
I thought the singles were improved considerably in context of the album. It creates a really good atmosphere, takes you on a journey. Wasn't keen on We a Famly out of context but it's an ace closing track.
>>
/mu/ hates it now, like it did when The Terror was released. Give it two years, and make a new thread about Oczy Mlody, and it will be considered great / amazing / inaccessible but fantastic / a masterpiece.

Happened to The Terror, and it will with this new album as well.
>>
Their worst release. Slowed down, acid tinged EDM blended with clashing orchestral instrumentation and hip hop beats. Literally old man's first DAW.
>>
>>70317216
That description sounds awesome.
>>
Literally the worst thing that happened to mankind
>>
Fantano's gonna 4/10 it to hell and back with his wrong opinions.
>>
>>70312385
going to be listening when I get back from
celebrating my birthday with the GF.
What can I expect?
>>
>>70317216
You said this exact same thing yesterday u little negative bitch
>>
>>70317318
A legit 7/10, if you ask me. It's pretty mellow and doesn't engage you automatically. You have to pay attention to the subtle details. Also, it's VERY spacey and trippy. If you don't like that kind of music, it'll probably annoy you a lot.
>>
>>70317210
Problem is, The Terror was "good"
>>
>>70317325
Doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>70317216
Reminds me of a slower Painting With in terms of the (farting) synths.
>>
>>70314953
definitely.
these lyrics are cringe worthy. this is the mid life crisis of a man desperately trying to be hip but through the lens of cookie cutter, old man "revelations"
>>
>>70314187
generic indie rock? lmao /mu/ hates that shit, unless its Car Seat Headrest
>>
Only an asshole could find fault with this record; there's no value in nitpicking an achievement this consummately professional, laboriously crafted and creatively uninhibited. If this truly is the end for The Flaming Lips, they've ended things by throwing down the gauntlet with such force that the reverberations will be felt for generations.
>>
>>70317210
t. Wayne Coyne
>>
>>70317776
ahahaha nice bait
>>
>>70317776
Nice one, Mr Coyne!
>>
>>70317922
This is literally how he thinks. Does this album really stand up to Soft Bulletin or Yoshimi? Not even close.
Even though elements of those albums are present here, you can see they're trying something new, but the execution and try-hardness of it is brutal.
>>
I've heard two songs that were released before the album came out but that's it.

There's nothing that makes me want to listen to this.
>>
>>70317704
>(farting) synths.
I chickened out last night posting about this with what would have been DUDE FARTS LMAO
>>
btw I really liked the album but I'm very far from a conniseur
>>
The Castle is the worst song on the album. They didn't need to drop a mediocre AWWTM b-side in the middle of what was essentially a logical successor to The Terror.

How?? is god-tier.
>>
>>70318061
AWWTM > OM
>>
>>70318225
but AWWTM is 9/10, so that doesn't say much.
>>
>>70318043
Somewhere Steven Drozd has a closet full of synths dedicated to fart noises.
>>
File: 7474747457.jpg (25KB, 412x454px) Image search: [Google]
7474747457.jpg
25KB, 412x454px
people still listen to the flaming lips? kek
>>
>>70318061
If How?? was made by anyone other than the Flaming Lips it would be laughed out of /mu/
>muh cringe lyrics
>muh every pink floyd fx
>>
I agree with the sentiments that this sounds like a progression from the Terror. Overall, it's a 7/10, but could have been improved by cutting off the spoken interlude at the end of There Should Be Unicorns, shortening Listening to the Frogs with Demon Eyes, and cutting The Castle and We a Famly.
>>
>>70317210
yeah but you see, the terror was actually a good album from the start
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.