[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've recently heard some people describe the neofolk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: All The Pretty Little Horses.jpg (20KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
All The Pretty Little Horses.jpg
20KB, 300x298px
So I've recently heard some people describe the neofolk genre as fascist, racist, nazi-filled, etc. I don't listen to a WHOLE lot of neofolk, but I have heard some, and I'm familiar with the scene. Is there any truth to these claims? Honestly, bands using nazi/fascist imagery and symbols as part of their aesthetic seems to be the extent of the nazism/fascism I've seen. While it may be kinda messed up to use that imagery, it's a far cry from actually holding the beliefs associated with them. But am I missing something?
>>
some member of death in june is a fascist or neo-nazi or something. i think thats about it

tibet sings about hitler a lot, but he has said he thinks hitler was a form of the antichrist or something
>>
if you like the music who gives a fuck
>>
File: 1428639131715.jpg (768KB, 1180x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1428639131715.jpg
768KB, 1180x1600px
Most if not all of the English neofolk scene revolving around C93 and friends was the chronological extension of the earlier industrial scene. Early industrial/power electronics was out to shock and they appropriated a lot of the nazi imagery to bolster their aesthetic and neofolk took after those tropes, some more overt and sincere than others.
>>
>>70306720
does industrial have the highest concentration of ugly motherfuckers of any genre?
>>
As far as the early bands in the genre are concerned, Douglas Pearce of Death In June and Tony Wakeford of Death In June(in the early days) and Sol Invictus are far-right(though I've been hearing that Wakeford has become somewhat less extreme in his politics in recent years, don't know if it's true). Current 93 is not and from what I understand never was a right-wing band.

I can't be arsed to talk about the younger bands in the genre but yes, many of them are indeed very right-wing. Overall I would say that it is definitely a genre which to a large degree aligns itself with very traditionalist, very Eurocentric, very racially-charged politics even if not all the bands working in the genre share the same beliefs and sharing those beliefs is not a prerequisite for making music in the genre.
>>
>>70306720
dave channeling his inner devin from diiv
>>
>>70306771
yes
>>
So if neofolk is influenced by fascism and nazis, is there any communist music out there?
>>
Generally speaking (not that I am totally familiar with your specific example) if you're an artist you're probably very aware of the imagery you're using and would use it for a reason. It's either low brow edginess or they're trying to artistically express something about their actual fascist or nazi ideology. If you're just co-opting such imagery mindlessly you're probably not an artist worth paying attention to.

It's up to whether you give such artists a shot and you should be able to figure out what they're trying to convey.
>>
>>70306964
listen to nigger beyonce music if you want cultural marxism music
>>
>>70306964
There are definitely some folk music that is commuinst leaning, Dan Bern pops to mind.

>>70307029
kekkerz, i guess useful idiot music is kinda communist, though cultural brainwashing seems fascsit desu
>>
File: f1s2tDF.jpg (749KB, 1300x1427px) Image search: [Google]
f1s2tDF.jpg
749KB, 1300x1427px
>>70306964
>>
>>70306720
How did neofolk even evolve from industrial? They don't sound super similar IMO
>>
Dude lmao neofolk is avant fall out boy don't lie to yourself
>>
>>70306964
Yeah, try jumping in front of a train you fucking commie.
>>
>>70306501

Dude from Sol Invictus was part of a far-right group, said he absolutely regretted it. Death In June uses pretty much nazi/fascist themes, despite Douglas being lefty and still being allowed to play in Israel and contributing to jewish musicians.

David Tibet's only "connection" to neonazi shit is that he used to play on DIJ
>>
>>70309413
BASH
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.