[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not a smart person so I'm hoping you guys will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: anxiety girl.jpg (37KB, 598x364px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety girl.jpg
37KB, 598x364px
I'm not a smart person so I'm hoping you guys will be able to answer. Why are albums being mixed and mastered for cheap earbuds and laptop speakers? Yeah, that's the primary demographic but surely even the top 40 pop singles would want to sound as "clean" as possible on a good system. It's not like it's mastered that way for a specific aesthetic.
>>
the agenda of the people who control these things is to make stupid the norm. your scepticism and not buying into it shows that you are more than that. don't call yourself not smart
>>
>>70298819
whoa...
>>
>>70298819
#StayWoke
>>
Because money? If someone masters all their stuff properly, and then someone else comes out with similar stuff that is mastered for shitty headphones, more people will buy the stuff with shitty mastery because they'll be dumbasses who think it sounds better.
>>
File: 1483884709937.jpg (85KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483884709937.jpg
85KB, 1200x900px
>>70298478
she a cute
>>
>>70298478
>Yeah, that's the primary demographic
you answered your own question

people listen to top 40 pop and hip hop on stock earbuds, bluetooth speakers and their laptops. usually streamed from spotify free or youtube

even in club or party scenarios, people tend to not really care about the sound as long as the bass is exaggerated and they can vaguely make out the tune they've already got embedded in their memory by now
>>
>>70299218
You're completely ignoring the rest of the sentence.
>>
>>70298819
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>70299251
>even in club or party scenarios, people tend to not really care about the sound as long as the bass is exaggerated and they can vaguely make out the tune they've already got embedded in their memory by now

no one listens to top 40 on "good" systems, and in the situations where it is listened to on better systems than a laptop, clean sound doesn't matter. hope that clarifies
>>
>>70299399
>no one listens to top 40 on "good" systems
I know the most autismo of audiophile spend 65K to listen to Steely Dan but I doubt there isn't a decent amount of audiophiles who listen to top 40, modern hip hop, RnB and the like.
>>
>>70299458
"a decent amount" can't compete with the majority of the population. they make the product sound as good as possible for the people they actually make significant money from.

the music industry doesn't rely on cd or vinyl sales any more, they only really care about selling lossy downloads and streaming

and any middle aged audiophile still too intimidated by non-top 40 music is effectively a captive audience at that point
>>
what are some albums with truly great mixing?
>>
>>70299117
... That's her? Jesus christ I will never look at the comics the same way again. Lub <3_<3
>>
>>70300285
Yes, that is her.
>>
>>70299117
semen demon
>>
>>70299117
but why is she holding the edited version of her book?
>>
>>70299117
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.