[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This impresses the fuck out of me everytime I hear it. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
This impresses the fuck out of me everytime I hear it. I'm certain it's the best classic rock album. Not a bad moment start to end.
>>
>>70284827
Masters of Reality is a bit better to me.
>>
>>70284827
I dont have a bad thing to say about Paranoid. Its a classic.
>>
>>70284827
Electric Funeral has one of the GOAT riffs, bar none.
>>
War Pigs is one of my favourite album openers ever
It's so fucking perfect
>>
I think if you play an instrument and rock music in particular this album is extra special for you. The stuff those guys make their instruments do is astounding. It must have been so far out in 1970 to hear this.
>>
white album's better
>>
>>70285049
I think Sabbath connoisseurs avoid Paranoid because it's got all the cheesy Sabbath they've heard on the radio and they want to stand out.
Yes Masters is dank and Into the Void, After Forever, and Lord of This World are some of the best Sabbath songs.
But for all the cheese on Paranoid, it's got more than enough meat to compensate.
War Pigs, Hand of Doom, Electric Funeral, Fairies Wear Boots, and Rat Salad are hard to beat.

Vol. 4 is based too.
>>
>>70286458
>Fairies Wear Boots
This thing closes the album so incredibly.
>>
Nobody post the Christgau review

Really fantastic album, tho
>>
>>70284827
>>70285049
>>70286458
Let's all make way to the actual superior album.

But yeah BS is a fucking great band. I love Planet Caravan from that album, it's so fucking chill.
>>
>>70286458
vol 4 is goat
>>
Vol 4 is much better.
>>
>>70286458
NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE. YOU'RE SOME FAGGOT 15 YEAR OLD KID. I HOPE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY DIES OF CANCER AND GOD SMILES DOWN UPON ME ONLY OUT OF THANKS; LORD MERCY!!!
>>
>>70284827
>classic rock
>rock
Ominous atmosphere wise, their s/t is the best, but my favorite will always be >>70285049
>>
I think we can all agree that the first 4 records are all genuinely essential rock music
>>
>>70287687
>>70287747
You niggers would be beaten the fuck up in modern metal circles. Whens the last time you went to a local live show?? People here are more likey to agree with you then the wild niggas out there. Jim Beam and cocaine and modded Randall SS heads. You have no idea. NO FUCKING IDEA.
>>
>>70286622
>>70287243
Vol. 4 has "Changes" on it
your opinion is invalid
>>
>>70287808
Black Sabb's Orchid kicks the cocaine fuel vol 4's ass. Suck a dick Ill fight you in real life and beat you to death with a piece of rebar. God damn and fuck you, nigger!
>>
>>70287805
What the fuck is your problem? Black Sabbath was never rock, they were created the heavy metal genre, while also managing to lay foundations for other genres to come, especially for doom.
>>
>>70287808
>>70287834
Planet Caravan is the only thing can bring everyone peace. Id hug a rough nigger while PC plays
>>
>>70287805
Seriously though what even are modern metal circles
>>
>>70287838
Shut the fuck up kid. If you were really black sabbath, you'd just take it and make it your own. Fuck anyone that says shit. If it IRL, rush them and beat the FEEL into them. Im coked out of mine right now. Ill kill everyone in the house to make my point.
>>
>>70287872
That statement to me mean you dont know shit. Live more, kid.
>>
>>70287850
Don't forget Solitude.

>>70287879
Oh, you're just fishing (You)'s, here you go.

>>70287872
What do you mean?
>>
>thank God masses rhymes with masses
>>
>>70287901
>Oh, you're just fishing (You)'s, here you go.
nah nigga, nah. Im just here trying to groove with the shit I know. I know not everyone is from the same neighborhood and perspective of live, but what we all can agree with is what Sabbath does for us. It's not over the top shredding, its the 13 century Italian epic poems. Its something you feel and carry with you for a long time. It makes you YOU
>>
>>70287900
>>70287901
I have no idea what kind of people gather at metal bars and the like these days. I've been to a few shows and the types of people in the crowd are way more diverse than they used to be, which is a good thing
Who is your average metal fan in 2017, is what I'm asking I guess
>>
>>70287946
Sorry drunk. Fuck it. Those that will understand will.
>>
>>70287930
I usually hate this, but it never bothers me in the context of this song
I guess it's because it's two different meanings of the same word
>>
>>70287954
That question is quite difficult to answer. But yeah, metal is a more open genre than it was before.
>>
>>70287954
it's still mostly white guys from the working class or suburbia
>>
>>70287954
It sound like to me you dont go out very often. What I mean is, there are people that dont considar Black Sabbath metal at all, and depending where you are and the local scene, bands are going to tune down and try to be more brutal. Its all bull shit and you dont seem to understand this. Where the fuck do you stand on influence and where the music stands this modern day?? Im out on the scene 5 times a week and play metal, jazz, funk, and country where those styles are in demand.
>>
>>70288034
you're really trying, god help you
>>
>>70288052
Still sounds like you a home body, drunk as I am. Hardcore. The only thing hardcore about you. Try harder.
>>
Black Sabbath [Warner Bros., 1970]

The worst of the counterculture on a plastic platter--drug-impaired reaction times, bullshit necromancy, lengthy solos. They claim to oppose war, but if I don't believe in loving my enemies, then I don't believe in loving my allies and I've been worried that something like this was going to happen ever since I first saw a numerology column in an underground newspaper. C-

Paranoid [Warner Bros., 1970]

They do take heavy to undreamt-of extremes, and I suppose I could learn to enjoy them as camp--the title cut is certainly screamworthy. Anyway, I've always suspected that horror movies catharsized things I was too rational to care about in the first place. C-

Master of Reality [Warner Bros., 1971]

As an increasingly regretful spearhead of the great Grand Funk Railroad switch three years ago, in which the critics defined Grand Funk as a good ol' white boy blues band, even though I knew of no critics, myself included, who played the records. Grand Funk are American--dull. Black Sabbath are English--dull and decadent. I don't care how many rebels and incipient groovers are buying. I don't even care if the band actually believes their own Christian/liberal/Satanist muck. This is a dimwitted, amoral exploitation. D+

We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'n' Roll [Warner Bros., 1976]

By concentrating on songs (of the 17 cuts on here, 11 hail from the first three albums) and omitting such pro-tempo-formula-virtuoso moves like "Rat Salad", this collection makes for a fitting mock nostalgia document. Four songs are taken from the band's fourth LP, cleverly titled "Black Sabbath Vol. 4", which I never got around to putting on back in 1972. And you know what? I'm still not sure I've heard anything on it. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>70284827
Paranoid by Black Sabbath is 10/10
>>
>>70284827
wait why the fuck hasn't anyone mentioned volume 4 yet?
>>
>>70288071
FUCK THIS WHITE MAN'S OPINION AND BY EXTENSION FUCK YOUR OPINION.
>>
>>70288071
>a guy who has stated he thinks metal is garbage
>rates metal albums poorly
why isn't that a surprise?
>>
>>70288088
Keep in mind he was writing these reviews way back at the beginning before metal was clearly defined as a genre of music.
>>
>>70288110
yeah but Sabbath laid the foundation for a lot of metal's sound later on
>>
>>70287747
I agree.
First four BS albums are GOAT!
>>
File: TheDoors.jpg (86KB, 630x420px)
TheDoors.jpg
86KB, 630x420px
What's your opinion of the Doors?
Poetic without being heavy handed.
There's something otherworldly about their sound.

Albums Ranked
1. L.A. Woman
2. Self-Titled
3. Morrison Hotel
4. Strange Days
5. Waiting For The Sun
6. The Soft Parade
>>
>>70288085
they have you philistine
read the fucking thread
>>
And also all of the critics dumped on Sabbath back then. I think Lester Bangs was the first to come around to them when he reviewed SBS.
>>
>>70288156
This is a Black Sabbath thread. Talk about the purity of Ozzy's cocaine of something relevant. Or just go to sleep, you dont belong here. STEAL AWAY NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>70288161
Why did the critics hate them? They wrote some records that have stood the test of time better than anything else from that era. They were clearly excellent songwriters.
>>
>>70288187
Because critics in the early 70s all had their mouths wrapped around the New York Dolls and Velvet Underground's nuts.
>>
>>70288156
S/t
Waiting for the sun
Strange days
Soft parade
LA woman
Morrison hotel
>>
>>70288240
New York Dolls has aged liked fuckin' vinegar too, just sounds like The Stones with less finesse
>>
>>70288161
A lot of albums now regarded as classics were not well received back then. For example, Neil Young's Harvest received widely mixed reviews in 1972 and they said he'd forgotten how to rock and devolved into a sleepy-time country balladeer.
>>
>>70288156
1. s/t
2. L.A.Woman
3. Morrison Hotel
4. Strange Days
5. Waiting for the Sun
6. The Soft Parade

>>70284827
Paranoid is the most consistent Sabbath -album, but Master of Reality is close - it has a lot more weak tracks, though
>>
>>70284827
War Pigs has always been my favorite classic rock song. 10/10 album.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.