[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I listened to this. It's good. Which of their other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: homepage_large.a91f4b35.jpg (164KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.a91f4b35.jpg
164KB, 319x319px
I listened to this. It's good. Which of their other albums are good?
>>
Feels is their best album, along with Spirit They're Gone. But if you are looking for more like MPP, try Person Pitch by Panda Bear or the Ep they released the same year
>>
Listen to Water Curses, Danse Manatee, Campfire Songs and Here Comes the Indian
>>
All their albums are good.
>>
>>70271456
no.
>>
>>70271433
>>70271456
dont listen to them!
>>
>>70271360
Strawberry Jam is a good place to go after MPP
>>
>>70271360
Their 2016 album is good too, even poppier.
>>
>>70271360
I remember asking exactly the same a couple years ago.
Ended up listening to Spirit youve Vanished

I liked it a lot. Still do
>>
Very little of the band's output is not great. If I were you I'd listen to Strawberry Jam or Feels next, since those are the closest in tone to Merriweather. Spirit is /mu/'s other favorite AnCo record, and it's definitely my favorite, but wow is it so far removed from their other work. If you're a fan of really abrasive electronic stuff, like early Black Dice, then listen to Danse Manatee, Hollinndagain, or Here Comes the Indian. Sung Tongs is a really comfy folk record, Campfire Songs is a really sad one. Most people didn't like Centipede Hz at its release, but it's grown on most people I know by now. It's a lot more anxious than MPP, a lot more on edge. Their newest album is probably their weakest, it's really inconsistent and Panda Bear's songs just aren't as good as Avey Tare's. There's also their visual album, ODDSAC, which is criminally underrated and trippy as all hell.

Pretty much all of their solo output is worth listening to, as well. The best stuff is Person Pitch by Panda Bear and Sleep Cycle by Deakin (who isn't on MPP). AnCo is a great band! Have fun getting into them, I'm envious that you get to hear them for the first time.
>>
>>70271476
Yes. You're a pleb if you disagree.
>>
>>70271604
Cool. I'll prob listen to Spirits next, and if I love it I might even go chronologically. I've listened to a good deal of electroacoustic music so OUT THERE electronic stuff doesn't scare me
>>
>>70271360
did panda bear pretty much make MPP what it is?
>>
>>70272209
People like to think so but he didn't even write half of the songs
>>
>>70271360

>>70271530
this
>>
File: uicHFg3.jpg (75KB, 660x837px) Image search: [Google]
uicHFg3.jpg
75KB, 660x837px
>>70271456
this
>>
If you want something like MPP check out Fall Be Kind, it was released right after and it's similar but not exactly the same. They're paired together for a reason.

In addition check out Panda Bear's album Person Pitch which basically lead the band to make MPP.

MPP is my favorite album, hope you enjoy.
>>
>>70272296
The style on it was pretty heavily inspired by his new sound on Person Pitch though. That and Geo working his magic. All three of the members did what they do best on the album.
>>
STGSTV is one of their best, but don't listen to it until you already have a few albums under your belt.

After MPP, listen to Strawberry Jam, then Feels, then I guess you can try CHz or Painting With. Fall Be Kind is a great EP, and Sleep Cycle is the best solo effort of the group.
>>
>>70274314(me)

Nothing else of theirs really sounds like MPP, though. It's their most pop-sounding record to date.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.