[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they the most influential rap group? Not just in the music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Are they the most influential rap group? Not just in the music industry, but also in the real world.
>>
That's not wu tang
>>
>>70263595
But what did Wu-Tang do compared to NWA?

NWA practically started the genre of Gangster Rap which was extremely popular for the next 20 years. And their music both fueled and caused riots.
>>
>>70263584
Well, Gangsta Rap didn't really pick up until Ice Cube's, Eazy E's and Dre's solo careers, counting that maybe. Today's rappers though are more influenced by A Tribe Called Quest.

>>70263595
36 Chambers > Striaght Outta Compton
First Wave of Wu solo albums > NWA solo albums
Ghostface Killah's Catalogue > All NWA solo albums.

But ATCQ>Wu-Tang
>>
>the most influential rap group?

Run DMC
>>
File: 9951_PE_Mann.jpg (159KB, 623x349px) Image search: [Google]
9951_PE_Mann.jpg
159KB, 623x349px
no way it isn't public enemy, dude
>>
>>70263584
I can't tell if you're asking a question after reading the second sentence
>>
Just based on rhyme schemes and delivery its Wu Tang. Beyond that you could possibly say OutKast for their conceptual and musical exploration. It's hard to find a more adventurous group in hip hop that has had the success and reached the audience that they have. In that regard, they owe a lot to De La though.
>>
>>70264009
>Today's rappers though are more influenced by A Tribe Called Ques

Thank fuck for that. Jazz rap is the best rap.
>>
>>70263584
Eric B. and Rakim
>>
>>70264525
>>70264564
It's one of these two inarguably. Which of those two though is up for debate.
>>
>>70265316
This
Jazz Rap is objectively the best rap
>>
>>70263584

hell no
>>
>>70263584
>I just watched Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix
>>
>>70266688
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>70263584
Kanye was most inspired by Wu-tang and the RZA, and everyone today jerks off Kanye
>>
>Using "Rap" and "Influential" in the same sentence

Nigga use iz FUNNY!
>>
>>70263584
Unfortunately yes
>>
>>70266688
that series focuses more on ppl like Afrika Bambaataa and Grandmaster Flash than NWA at all. They made the argument that Dre made hip hop mainstream with the Chronic.
>>
>>70268500
>m-muh east coast rap

kill yourself
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.