[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss Dungeon Synth General/Dungeon Synth December. Erang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19KB, 480x360px
I miss Dungeon Synth General/Dungeon Synth December.

Erang has a new album out that's pretty great.
https://erang.bandcamp.com/album/king-of-nothing-slave-to-no-one
>>
>>70254694
Erang is bretty/gud
>>
Oh we're all just on the forum now:
http://dungeonsynth.proboards.com/

But I'm down to discuss on /mu/.
>>
>>70254694
dat lo-fi texture
>>
Man, Chaucerian Myth makes great DS and is a nice person to boot. Check out Canterbury Tales bros
>>
>>70254755
downsides of /mu/:
>might expose dumb memesters to dungeon synth
>can only discuss it intermittently
>people make meaningless posts just to bump the threads
>not an efficient way to keep people updated on your projects
>constantly assaulted by unrelated shit, can't immerse yourself in the atmosphere

downsides of a forum
>circlejerk mentality and petty rivalries might arise and ruin the scene
>actually discussing dungeon synth with the people who create it ruins a lot of the kvlt secrecy atmosphere
>slow as fuck
>no anonymity

I'm kinda hesitating
>>
>>70254861

I agree, it's hard to say. Neither of those sets of problems seem too apparent because it's so niche at the moment, but it could certainly get bigger? Everyone at the moment is really chill (except for a few dudes on the facebook group) and there's already a light, but harmless circlejerk, so I don't know if it would be any worse on the forum.

I dunno, I like the forum away from /mu/, but I wish it could be anonymous. Can't someone make a ds-chan?
>>
>>70254861
I don't see any petty rivalries so far. I mean it's worth investigating I guess, and you actually can make posts as an anonymous guest I'm pretty sure
>>
File: mortiis.jpg (118KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
mortiis.jpg
118KB, 713x713px
Anyone pick up the Mortiis cassettes from Foreign Sound records? Really excited for those to come in, I was too late to get the deluxe box set, but I picked up all four cassettes.

http://foreignsounds.storenvy.com/products/18731200-mortiis-various-bundles
>>
>>70254984
Ooh nice! I need to get more into buying tapes
>>
>>70254931
Overall I'd say that preserving it from trendhoppers who don't undertand it, is more important than preserving it from circlejerks and drama.
>>
>>70255012
People seem really concerned about DS blowing up but does this actually seem likely?
>>
>>70255267
/mu/ has a tendency to take obscure genres, make hundreds of generals about them (with the quality of discussion decaying every thread), and that eventually leaks into reddit and the rest of the internet. At it's worst, Dungeon Synth will have a similar faith to vaporwave, where 14 year old kids will be wearing Mortiis face masks and playing Daggerfall. Fortunately, doesn't have the same accessibility as other "internet genres" but does have a lot of nostalgic charm that attracts people to the scene.
>>
>>70255325

I could see the Runescape meme gnome becoming the face of dungeon synth if this were to happen.
>>
>>70255325
I feel like in its 20 years of existence if it was going to blow up it would have done so...it's harder to make than vaporwave so yeah it's hopefully less memeworthy. We'll seee
>>
>>70255267
The thing is; people aren't gonna latch onto it as it is. They'll hear a trendy memester vaguely explain what it's about, and then they'll make a terrible, offensively lame version of it (like, maybe they'll put trap beats or someshit over it). And THAT version of DS will blow up.
>>
File: grimes-art-angels[1].jpg (65KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
grimes-art-angels[1].jpg
65KB, 800x599px
>>70255387

I've been trying to figure out how to put my girlfriend's vocals over the genre to pimp out this scene and make her the Grimes of dungeon synth
>>
File: 1483738225927.jpg (93KB, 422x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483738225927.jpg
93KB, 422x604px
>>70255460
>having a gf
>listening to DS
Pick ONE(1)
>>
>>70255510
I have one too, and my friend who's about to start making DS has one...maybe the normie invasion is already happening
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.