[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the Pink Floyd vs King Crimson argue is useless.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: S70109-21455858.jpg (137KB, 1080x940px) Image search: [Google]
S70109-21455858.jpg
137KB, 1080x940px
Daily reminder that the Pink Floyd vs King Crimson argue is useless. I must admit, I really like KC and they were very innovative, but there's no comparison. ITCOTCK is a master piece yeah, really revolutionary and still one of my favourites, Red, Larg Tongues and Discipline are really good, but KC peak is all about 4 albums. On the Floyd's side we have some really good albums, everything made in a decade (note that the best KC's works is like at minimum 5 years from another), like Piper, Saucerful, Meddle, Dsotm, Animals, Wywh, Ahm. Maybe they weren't too revolutionary, but PF were more consistent. Btw discuss about this /mu/, try not to make it toxic pls.
Pic related, the only Pf or KC related pic I had on the phone
>>
Agreed that Floyd are superior, and for the reasons you stated. Meddle happens to be my favourite album of theirs.
>>
>I like to fence-sit because I'm too scared to take a side
>>
>>70254456
>I always pick sides and never mediate because I'm a beta who's afraid of my own insecurities

:)
>>
>>70254456
I like to fence-sit because I actually like both lol
>>
Hendrix is better than both
>>
>>70254480

I mean it's a cute projection you've got there but the fact of the matter is it's just as okay to argue one band is better than another as it is to think they're both equal

This whole thread is just OP going "Well personally I think they're both good" which is a pretty shitty topic for a thread,
>>
>>70254550
no he's saying pink floyd is better because they have a lot of great albums as opposed to king crimson which only has a few great albums. he's just wanting others' opinions on the matter.
>>
King Crimson is infinitely more consistent.
King Crimson is far more talented in every iteration musically
Pink Floyd has a lot of great albums but it's a bit of a stretch to call them pure prog rock
Pink Floyd is psychedelic prog
Pink Floyd is better lyrically but conceptually King Crimson blows them the fuck out of the water
both are great but KC is better in ALMOST every aspect
>>
>>70254399
You've made the classic pleb mistake of not rating Kc's two most innovative albums, Lizard and Islands.

Please re-evaluate your life.
>>
>Pink Floyd has a lot of great albums but it's a bit of a stretch to call them pure prog rock
>Pink Floyd is psychedelic prog

That's why they're better, straightforward prog is boring. Their psych element allowed a greater richer sound collage, a more varied discography, and more engaging music in general than KC
>>
Every album King Crimson released between Islands and Discipline inclusive is better than every Pink Floyd album besides Saucerful
>>
>>70254399
Quality>Quantity imo
PF are enjoyable but they never reached the peaks of KC. So, no need to hate any of the bands but if I had to choose one KC would be the one.
>>
>>70256741
>t. never listened to LTIA
>>
>>70256553
>most innovative
Holy cow nobody cares about novelty for the sake of novelty in a prog rock band.
>>
File: c.jpg (2MB, 3047x1492px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
2MB, 3047x1492px
Why is pic related so underrated? It's one of my personal favorites and i've never seen this or anything that came after it discussed here
>>
File: hello scruffs.png (1MB, 947x631px) Image search: [Google]
hello scruffs.png
1MB, 947x631px
>>70257007
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.