[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never listened to this and a friend of mine recommended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 37gnfq.png (43KB, 1268x1080px) Image search: [Google]
37gnfq.png
43KB, 1268x1080px
I have never listened to this and a friend of mine recommended it to me when I asked for something that has a unique sound and stands out from other bands. What am I in for?
>>
'alt-metal' with a sort of dreamy, shoegazey tinge

sounds kinda like HUM with an angsty nu-metal vocalist and a DJ. seriously a lot of the time the singer sounds like the guy from Korn but in fairness the dude does have some range beyond that (as in, he can actually sing) and doesn't do the stupid faux scat shit

also the tool guy pops up at one point

breddy good album 7/10
>>
>>70246415
Should I just listen start to finish or should I start with a specific order of songs. I'm hesitant even putting on this band because like you said, I heard it's a bunch of nu-metal shit.
>>
File: you'd prefer an striped horse.jpg (71KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
you'd prefer an striped horse.jpg
71KB, 770x770px
>>70246438
>or should I start with a specific order of songs
no because that's retarded

idk the whole album has basically the same sound so if you're not feeling it after the first few tracks you probably won't get into it. but the second half is better

or you could just listen to this
>>
>>70246473
Gotta admit so far this is pretty alright. Change is my favorite so far, I never knew it was these guys who did this song because I remember hearing it on queen of the damned and other shit. Digital bath and knife party are really neat
>>
>>70246438
Skip Back to School. Enjoy the album as it was intended
>>
DIGITAL BATH BEST TRACK
FITE ME

Seriously tho, white pony it's a great fucking album
>>
>>70246905

Ya those are my favorites too.

Passenger is good too, that's Maynard James Keenan in it.
>>
>>70247027

I like back to school too. I like most of the songs on white pony, or all of them I just listen to some more than others.
>>
>>70247199

Korea is best track.
>>
>>70247199
My man.
>>
>>70247199
agreed tho, but s/t was their best album
>>70246415
this is hilarious but i think that coming from a ridiculous ass genre like nu metal just gave them freedom to try mixing sounds that werent really common in mainstream rock bands at the time and sound really fucking original even if they just had a lot of shugazi or trip hop influence for an alt metal band
>>70247027
>>70248001
back to school isnt really bad just kinda corny lyrically and even then its not that bad next to limp bizkit and shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.