[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jethro Tull was an amazing and creative band and def top 5 british

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

So I wonder, does /mu/ like them? If so, what's your favorite record (please avoid Thick as a Brick)
>>
File: Jethro-Tull.jpg (41KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jethro-Tull.jpg
41KB, 295x300px
>>70230954
They are still very much one of those pretentious prog bands that everyone means when they talk about pretentious prog bands.
pic related is probably their best or atleast most consistent.
Thick as a Brick is too wanky and Aqualung just isn't that good imho senpai
>>
>>70231068
>>70231068
For me, I always felt like they weren't pretentious at all. Their lyrics are often sarcastic and Thick as a Brick is literally a parody of prog. It sounds like they're having fun and they don't even care.

That being said, Benefit is my favorite. period
>>
>>70231160
Good point
Haven't heard Benefit but yeah I probably need to listen to em again was a long while ago

btw what the fuck is up with the mix on Thick as a Brick? Why is the acoustic guitar that low senpai
>>
>>70231273
which version did you listen?
I can tell the "MFSL CD" is fucking awesome. Also, people often tells how great the steven wilson's remix on thick as a brick is great (was realeased on 40th Anniversary Special Collector's Edition)
>>
>>70231383
I dunno the version that's on spotify, also have an LP that has the trash mix
But aight I'll check those out
>>
>>70231160
I do think it's a bit weird for them to do a parody of prog when they were just as pompous as the rest of them. But the self-awareness is refreshing

King Crimson had that streak in them too, and Yes were always fun even if they took themselves more seriously
>>
File: tull.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
tull.jpg
1B, 486x500px
They've reached timeless status on here.
>>
I'm Into Songs From the Wood because I also inhabit /tg/
>>
>>70230954

Ron Burgundy jazz flute jokes aside...they were pretty damn good. Their first album was pretty cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2shXfsqOXwM
>>
their appearance on rock n roll circus in 69 was amazing. Toni Iommi on lead! Historic.
>>
>>70232843
was it recorded somehow?
>>
>>70230954
Jethro Tull are Crescent Fresh especially Aqualung and Benefit.

>>70233600
Rock and Roll Circus should be easy to find on DVD and so is the sound track. I don't know if it's been released on Blu-Ray as of yet.

The song they performed is Song for Jefferey and incidentally Tony Iommi is playing BASS.
>>
>>70230954
>"EYEING LITTLE GIRLS WITH BAD INTENT"
What did Aqualung mean by this?
>>
File: apassionplay1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
apassionplay1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
This is the patrician choice for best Jethro Tull album.
Not even Thick As A Brick is that great.
That said, JT is my favourite prog band, and everything they made from 68 to 80 is worth listening.
>>
>>70230954
Aqualung, without a doubt. It's such a solid record. Benefit is a close second, followed by A Passion Play.

Also, that Christmas Album is way better than it had any right to be. Not among their best, but way better than I expected.
>>
File: ian a pipe.png (1B, 486x500px)
ian a pipe.png
1B, 486x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGeSQLBrv4

their best song without a doubt
>>
>>70230954
DUDE ROY HARPER LMAO
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.