[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If popular bands weren't popular, /mu/ wouldn't hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

If popular bands weren't popular, /mu/ wouldn't hate them.

Imagine Twenty one pilots never got famous. You find Blurryface one day in some obscure corner of the internet.

Tell me that you wouldn't be going around ranting and raving about it.

>tfw you can't
>>
>>70229201
Im sure if you look around you will find some grimy scum out there thats pumping out songs no different than your beloved 21 pilots, or worse kanye west
>>
>>70229201
honestly i just listened to them for the first time ever, they aren't that bad I could imagine people liking them

it's not that interesting and is equally comparable to at least 90% of music that gets made and at least 95% of what gets put on /mu/ because, bad taste
>>
I don't listen to this style of music at all though
>>
I've only heard that one song where he shaves his head + loses his car radio and it was just way too corny for me

honestly I'll probably like them when I do give that album a full listen since I loved everything else on FBR when I was in high school, can't imagine Pete Wentz's name would be associated with trash
>>
>>70229201
Some of their stuff is ok but stressed out is legitimately terrible. If anything they'd be a passing tumblr meme if they hadn't become popular. No one on this board would admit to liking them.
>>
>>70229356
the encompass every style of music
>>
like omg > 1,000,000 views on youtube xD no way they are good, probably just shit norm taste, plebs
>>
>>70229201
People don't hate Twenty One Pilots because they are particularly bad. I think most people on /mu/ would agree that they are no worse than any other mainstream pop artist out there. The main reason people hate them is because they are so popular. Their music is completely average - neither remarkably good nor remarkably bad - and they don't deserve nearly the amount of success that they have. Your point is stupid.
>>
>>70229534
you
literally
just
agreed
with
him
baka
>>
>>70229201
>>70229201
They're fucking shit. Get over it and stop trying to shill here.
>>
they are good band who sadly have the worst fans ever hence why /mu hate them. for real tho vessel is a great album
>>
>>70229433
It's pop rap with ukulele and white boy reggae. Not exactly genre defying.
>>
>>70229847
>It's pop rap with ukulele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBMxkLUIwY
>>
>>70229201
There is music that's relatively unknown for all the good reasons. Because it's shit.

So I don't agree with OP but I do see his point. People tend to listen to underground stuff only in spite of the mainstream movement, not because the music is good in any way or form.

Just look at streetlight manifesto, ska fags claim it's a good band but it's actually god awful.
>>
>>70229433
XD
>>
>>70229915
yass betch u said it
>>
>>70229201
There's zero merit to their music. Why would I rave about them?
>>
>>70229915
>streetlight manifesto
>underground
at least make an attempt
>>
I did listen to them before they got popular. I first heard them like 3 or 4 years ago in a 'cringe' thread on /mu/

That's where this fucking awful band should have stayed.
>>
>>70229870
How did this shit get so popular? The teenage angst is so hamfisted that it's not even edgy anymore, it's just fucking goofy.
>>
>>70229239
>>70229427
>>70229645
>>70230081
>>70230155

>inb4 two guys in the most popular band in the world at the moment are doing what they love and have fund purpose in the shitstorm that's life and have everyone jerking off to them, and you're somewhere you dont want to be cause you ost sight of your dreams long ago

should i go to a psychiatrist desu?
>>
>>70229870
this nigger sounds like stan
>>
>>70230328
was thinking the same thing
>>
>>70229870
You just proved my point. Pop rap. The ukulele and reggae elements are in their other songs. This is just one of many of their songs where they stress about how "unique" they are
>LYRICS THAT MEAN NOTHING WE WERE GIFTED WITH THOUGHT
Get that shit outta here.
>>
>>70229201
>~le /mu/ hates everything that is famous meem

/mu/ loves Radiohead, Kanye West, David Bowie and a lot of other famous artists.

You can kill yourself any time if you really think 21 Pilots is any good.
>>
why yall so salty
>>
stop posting these threads
>>
>>70230836
no
>>
>>70229201
Implying I pay attention to pop culture lol
>>70230297
My life is awesome. Quit pretending their success is your own.
>>
>>70229433
O-oh...okay...
>>
>>70229201
OMG they're on the suicide squad soundtrack lol lol
>>
>>70229550
This. Wtf was that guy saying
>>
>>70230328
Who the fuck is stan?
>>
https://youtu.be/xy-jJ1qdteU

Thoughts on this, /mu/?
>>
>>70233378
meh
>>
>>70233378
nice
>>
>>70233378
worse performance than the real song, with an equally corny aesthetic. 3,5/10
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.