[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /mu/'s thoughts on this album? I'm halfway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sayanyhting.png (646KB, 1024x1024px)
Sayanyhting.png
646KB, 1024x1024px
What are /mu/'s thoughts on this album? I'm halfway through and its bretty gud.
>>
WHAT DO OLD PEOPLE TEACH US EXCEPT HOW TO DIE?! DIE?! DIE?!
>>
essential 14 year old girl tier music
>>
>>70221836
lol i love this album
but that's because inside of me is the heart of a 14 year old girl who is cucked by the boys she loves and doesn't care much for her parents or friends. but it's basically an album full of angsty summer anthems.
>>
>>70222135
Recommend more like this?

I already got Get Up Kids, Brand New, and MCR down.
>>
>>70222175
I've never found anything with a similar lyrical sarcasm, which is what I love about the album. Nirvana is the closest fit I know of.
>>
>>70222175

Ludo's "You're Awful, I Love You" is kind of like if this were a Tolkien novel!

The first MCR album is like if this were less sarcastic.

I get the impression that Mindless Self Indulgence, stylistically dissimilar as it may be, is in spirit a lot like this. Some /mu/tant with better taste than me could call me a faggot on that one, though.

Stroke 9 is kind of like this but just all-around worse.
>>
My most listened to album of all time. Say Anything are my favourite band.

Spidersong is the best track. Listen to In Defense of the Genre if you enjoy Is A Real Boy.

>>70222175
Modern Baseball are a slightly more whiney version but have that teenage sarcasm nailed.

Also Sorority Noise are in a similar vein too.
>>
>>70222754

We wanna start talking Modern Baseball and Sorority Noise now, my mans? I'm down.

I didn't think they were as bitter and hateful as Say Anything was, so I didn't think to include them. But if that's the route we wanna go, Sledding with Tigers is a great acoustic version of this sound. The Frontbottoms are obviously delightful sad white boy music. Uhh, the Menzingers are great if you're into a shoutier screamier sound, Math the Band is like a weird nerdy version of this.
>>
>>70221836
I CALLED HER ON THE PHOOONE N SHE TOUCHED HEEERSEEELF
>>
>>70222135
lol haha
>>70222078
/thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.