[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw TKOL clicks for the second time It might be their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: The_king_of_limbs.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_king_of_limbs.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>tfw TKOL clicks for the second time

It might be their best album desu
>>
>>70209335
I disagree with you, but I am glad you find enjoyment in something I don't.
>>
>>70209335
>2nd time

"album clicking" is when you are comfortable with it's theme, referred to albums with themes that are often unique. And by theme I mean overall sound and direction.

How the hell does this happen twice unless you just erase it from your memory?

If it clicked twice then it never clicked the first time, that first time you didnt understand the concepts on the album.

And for TKOL is basically just understanding the nature theme.
>>
File: wew.jpg (15KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
15KB, 211x203px
>>70209391
>waah
typical /mu/
sigh
>>
File: 6zcE9oEf.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
6zcE9oEf.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
>>70209335
Easily their best, first side is flawless and the only letdown is Codex desu
Amsp is almost as good though.
>>
File: amok.jpg (123KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
amok.jpg
123KB, 319x319px
>>70209518
>implying Codex isn't the best song on the album

although pic related is the best thing Thom has done since HTTT so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>70209518
How the hell is codex a let down?
It's probably there best slow song and it fits in the album perfectly.
Maybe you just dont get the atmosphere of the song?
1st half of the album is making nature feel spooky and overwhelming, and at codex it turns and the speaker submits to nature finally.

If you arent interested in the album's message/story you should at least appreciate the amazing horns on this song. I dont see how they could be any better.
>>
>>70209550
Id actually admit this is probably thom's best related-to-album since HTTT.

Has some good jams but also very meaningful and beautiful like In rainbows
>>
Album is 7/10, From the Basement version is a 9/10.
>>
>>70209550
>>70209518
Codex is not the best song on the album.

It just slows down the album too much, where as give up the ghost gives the same idea just way better
>>
>>70209421
You're trying to sound smart, but you sound stupid
>>
I've never had any real issues with TKOL itself but it never escapes the feeling of being a minor work. What's there is good but falls short of great, and between the FTB renditions, the 37 minute runtime that's a bit TOO lean, and the extra songs like Supercollider and Staircase coming down the pipeline later it's clear that the album still needed a little time to stew. They were on to something experimenting with loops and polyrhythms the way they did but it got pushed out a bit too soon. Thankfully, they'd go on to revisit those ideas with greater maturity on AMSP with songs like Daydreaming, Present Tense, The Numbers, and Ful Stop. TKOL should've, could've, would've been great but it settles for merely good overall.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.