[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this not /mu/core yet? Like, seriously what an amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: a3741986511_16.jpg (40KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3741986511_16.jpg
40KB, 700x700px
How is this not /mu/core yet? Like, seriously what an amazing album. I love the gloomy beats and Milo's creative flow

General underrated hiphop album thread
>>
File: milotoothpaste.jpg (340KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
milotoothpaste.jpg
340KB, 700x700px
>>70197703
It was discussed quite a bit, and Milo in general gets brought up in hip hop threads. He hasn't released anything in a while though, other than that Scallops Hotel tape that was only available on cassette at it's release. His next release, if it's quality, might be the one to really bring him into the mainstream. Look at how Anderson Paak blew up, and they're both members of Hellfyre Club. And Childish Gambino is proof that the mainstream loves nerdy rappers, fortunately Milo is much better than Gambino.

A Toothpaste Suburb is my favorite from him. Even though it was panned by most critics and mostly ignored by fans. I found it comfy and all the songs were very enjoyable.
>>
one of my favorite rappers and also his best album in my opinion
>>
>>70197703
I see this album posted here quite often. not /mu/core by any means but not unknown either
>>
>>70197788
>>70197777
>>70197768
can you guys rec me anything similar to this album? I really like the dark and eerie beats (I know they weren't produced by milo) espeically on re:animist and An Encyclopedia
>>
Because Milo's a faggot
>>
>>70197703
Tell me more.
>>
>>70197859
more what?
>>
>>70197835
have you tried the other Hellfyre guys, like Open Mike Eagle Sudriver and Nocando? Also the joint EP they all made called Cather of the Fade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTYsOAWLnI
>>
>>70197768
No way Milo will blow up like Paak or Gambino did, he's too abstract and weird. Gambino was making pop culture references, Milo is quoting philosophy
>>
>>70197838
GOT EM
>>
>>70198118
Yah, IDK what kind of expansion he can make, Flies Dont Come was his most popular album because he really toned down the abstract interludes and esoteric refrences, but I don't think he has the ability to go anymore pop
>>
>>70198118
You're right, it's a really big stretch for Milo to blow up as those two. I'm hoping that by the end of 2017 most of the new generic trap will become even more overplayed than it already is and hip hop will go back to having a little more substance. With how well received Danny Browns new album has been, as well as the emergence of Lil Yachty, it shows that people are opening up more and more to abstract production. And while Milo doesn't really have the lyrical substance for club bangers, I think he could make small waves with a more accessible project.
>>
>>70197835
mike ladd or anybody from hellfyre
>>
>>70197703
dummy thinks he's artsy
>>
Post how salty he got about white boys on tumblr.

He might make decent music but he's a joke.
>>
File: Mad sponge.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mad sponge.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>70197768
>all the songs were very enjoyable
May the Days be Aimless...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.