[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>why listen to music when you can just make music desu am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1469933738644.jpg (18KB, 452x548px) Image search: [Google]
1469933738644.jpg
18KB, 452x548px
>why listen to music when you can just make music desu

am i being retarded here?
>>
OK, but as a counter-argument:
>why make music when you can just listen to music desu
>>
plebs

>Why listen/make music if YOU can be music
>>
>>70190303
making music is kinda like being music
>>70190267
idk, the creative aspect of it is pretty rewarding
>>
>>70190370
think about the greatest experience youve ever had while listening to music.
now think about how the person/people who made that particular song/etc must have felt before/during/after its creation
knowing that from them came something that is wholly theirs and exists forever, having some kind of amazing effect on at least one person out there who you will probably never even know.
kinda like having a kid lol
>why make babies when you can make music desu
>>
>>70190248
Can I make a song without listening to it? Time to flex on Beethoven.
>>
Here's a counter counter argument:

>How can you make music if you don't listen to music
>>
>>70192289
I feel like there's something biological about music, given that so many animals sing or whatnot. So I feel like you can make music even if you don't listen to music
>>
>>70192289
i wouldnt say theyre mutually exclusive though
sure, maybe you do need to listen to music before you can ever make music, but once you are able to make music, why would you listen to music
>>
>>70190248
because your music would be mediocre shit at best

>why watch movies when you can make your own?
>>
File: 9bc38e6c.jpg (256KB, 624x636px) Image search: [Google]
9bc38e6c.jpg
256KB, 624x636px
>>70192695
this
>pic related
>>
>>70192695
Exactly

Clicking play or dropping the needle is a whole lot easier than dedicating all of my life/energy to an art
>>
File: 1413414301112.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1413414301112.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>70190248
>>why listen to music when you can just make music desu
because I am not a narrsasist and have the ability to empathize with other people. Music is a form of human expression, you're basically asking:
>why listen when you can talk desu
because if you never really listen to anyone else you will end up alone, ignorant, and unhappy
youre not the only one who has "important" or "unique" ideas to express, and you're not the only one who wants their "important" or "unique" ideas heard.
yes you're being retarded, and a bit of an ass
>>
>>70192695
>not making your own home movies
>>
>>70192563
Appreciation of the art form. There's a feeling you get when you hear something crazy that you never would have come up with that you don't experience during the process of creating music yourself. Listening to music is inspiring.
>>
I want to support a small family
>>
Why have conversations if you can just talk to yourself?
>>
>>70190722
>why make babies when you can make music

incredibly inspirational for some reason, thank you anon
>>
>>70190248
because im shit at it. i rather listen to what other people do
>>
>>70190248
because it's really fucking hard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.