[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Band feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 34

/mu/sicians tell me your feels:what are you going trough right now as a musician. good feels, bad feels anything

>tfw have an albums worth of material made on my own (mostly post-punk stuff)
>just to show potential band members
>posted ads everywhere, asked friends
>only 3 responses and most of them see it as a side project
>already gone trough 5 bands and still nothing
>>
nothing temporary*

i just want to make music and have fun
>>
File: IMG_0009.jpg (22KB, 358x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009.jpg
22KB, 358x243px
>>70184556
>want to join a band but everyone around me plays metalcore
>write power pop music by myself
>finally find a band that needs another member
>they're a Strokes cover band
>It's something
>They want me to be the bass player
>i-it's something...
>band falls apart

What the fuck New Jersey?
>>
>>70184760
damn feels bad anon, i hope we found our members one day
>>
>>70184760
tfw you're too young to move across the rivers to brooklyn
>>
>>70184556
>play jazz and jazz fusion
>life is good
Feels good being an Aussie
>>
>>70185358
thats cool to hear! are you playing in a band/s?
>>
File: 1475296484024.png (92KB, 572x505px) Image search: [Google]
1475296484024.png
92KB, 572x505px
Start a math/prog rock band with 2 friends. We are polished enough to do shows, and we are booking gigs for a wee or 2 from now.

Feels good
>>
>be at show
>Every band using the same amps and stuff to keep things quick
>be me
>be unfamiliar with new amp
>try to hurry because lul-the-guitarist-takes-the-longest-to-setup.jpg
>Everyone waiting on me to start
>get anxiety attack and get nauseous from the lights
>quickly flip on the settings of the amp and hope it works
>play whole song
>midway through the intro I realize I can't hear my guitar
>fake it through entire first song whilst trying to let sound guys know I can't hear shit
>audience looks puzzled
>still trying to get their attention
>have to wait until the end of the song to tell them
>slightly upset but trying to be professional
>turns out I was signalling to front of house
>they tell me to talk to dude behind me running a mixer
>explain problem
>tells me to go sound check
>see dude run over to my amp
>tfw I forgot to turn the fucking gain up
>get yelled at by sound guy after my set
>leave show, band and town

Never be this autistic friends. This day will haunt my dreams for forever.
>>
>snuck into a warehouse at 12am last night
>cousin came by with a couple friends
>played a song, they liked it
>feelsgood
>friend comes by and we record a couple tracks
>good night
>>
>>70185380
Yes, got two guritarist, a bassist, drums, trombone, tenor sax, alto sax and a trumpet.
>>
>>70185469
>>70185503
>>70185528
thanks for the good feels anons
>>
started a death metal band with my brother and some other people we found from putting up fliers,
we've spent he last 8 months jamming and writing, and I hope we can start recording sometime in the next few weeks
>>
>>70186393
cool story, what are your influences?
>>
>>70185478
where da soundchek
>>
>>70185469
You're a trio?
>>
File: obliteration-blackdeathhorizon.jpg (436KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
obliteration-blackdeathhorizon.jpg
436KB, 1000x1000px
>>70186393
Have a listen to this album. It's very fresh
>>
>>70185478
Yeah, similar thing, people take turns on same amplifiers but no time to get a level with other players and try out the sound on instruments full range = waste of time
>>
>be lefty
why bother?
>>
>>70188534
Yeah, we want to get a Synth player, but they have to be talented is the thing. I'm doing vocals and guitar, and everyone does harmonies. Also, some of our songs are turning out really well.
>>
Still absolutely alone practising everyday. Writing new material maybe two a week, I sketch down the bare bones of the song_____leave it and onto the next one

On one hand my playing is getting stronger, working on chord inversions, inventing techniques

On the other listened to Emily Remler 'Hot Head' and it is sobering.

Bad vibes, stuck on benefit system unable to get out of one horse town,

I've got to magic something out of nothing as usual with zero support
>>
>been producing stuff for years
>hip hop and /bleep/ style stuff
>talking with a friend at work
>he wants to be a rapper
>let it slip that i produce
>oh man we should make something together
>he's a terrible rapper but it's okay because he usually smokes me out for free and figure there's no harm in making some quick stuff for him
>get to his place
>his "producer" friend is there
>what i assumed to be a few hours of smoking and kicking back turns into an 8 hour affair of lessons in FL studio basics
>finally get some stuff ready after "collaborating" with this other "producer" (which meant doing all the work myself and then showing him how i did everything step-by-step style)
>"oh man this is sick, but i have a few ideas i want to add onto it, is that cool?"
>tell him yea no big deal
>finally get home
>a few hours later get a text that they uploaded it to soundcloud
>take a listen
>all my hard work ruined with a shit ton of god awful flanging, phasing, and reverb out the ass
>even slapped a shitty producer tag throughout the song

never again. They've tried to get me back there a few times to work on more stuff "with" them but it's just not worth it to see all the stuff i do get torn apart and pissed on by some know-nothing. I'm just glad i used a pseudonym for credits instead of my actual production name so no one can really trace it back to me if they find it.
>>
File: welp.png (438KB, 471x591px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
438KB, 471x591px
currently being made a low-key meme on tumblr. my old bands first ep is being poked at, but the other band members are using it to get a lot of attention from it and still slandering me.
>>
>>70189555
do u have the link? color me intrigued.
>>
>play guitar in an indie folk collective
>also play guitar and sing in an alt rock trio
>make droney shoegaze-y post-rock with a friend of mine
>>
>>70189622
Holy shit. Who came up with that title? It's fantastic.
>>
>play in a pretty sweet 3 piece
>kinda like if sonic youth met mogwai
>got about 10 great songs, looking to record
>shame our city is about as musically diverse as a pot plant
>oh well, fun to blow peoples ears after some shitty triple j core indie band plays before us
>>
>>70189622
That is an awesome title desu.
>>
>>70189770
i did. drummer.
>>
>>70189831
What type of music is it? Would buy it just for the title.
>>
>>70189831
hi dakota
>>
>>70189675
>Did they in fact make it better
>>
>>70184556
NIN that shit bro.
Just record it all yourself.
Use Virtual instruments for drums, Post Punk drums aren't complex.
>>
>on one hand I would play any type of music in a band just to have the experience of jamming with a band
>on the other hand, I'm pretty good at it as it is and I just want to make my beautiful music that I love, alone, happy and without anyone to bother me
it's difficult
>>
>>70189930
haha hey.
>>70189930
its like, pop punk kinda shit.
>>
>>70184760
>everyone around me plays metalcore
What's the deal with this? Why is everyone in a metalcore band?
You'd think their would be more successful metalcore bands with the amount of people in metalcore bands..
>>
>>70189996
Find people that can cope with being directed by you to get your music
>>
File: 1483726721394.jpg (26KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1483726721394.jpg
26KB, 600x451px
>tfw you live in a small european country and if you found other people's music overrated or shit, you have to pretend that you like it, cause if you explain your true opinion they are going to hate you and even block those small opportunities you can get for example play a local gig

fucking hate this "scene", everybody plays dadrock and not like really good classics, it's all awful shredding over common major and minor chords, not to mention the cringy lyrics, oh god
>>
>>70190012
my scene is more into this emo revival shit. nothing is more annoying than hearing eight bands play the same wanky emotional shit over and over again.
>>
>>70190129
what country brotha
hope you're a balkan brotha
>>
>>70190176
Philly?
>>
>>70189622
oh my god that's fucking gold
>>
>>70190202
Hungary, well at least it's close
>>
>tfw in a band that creatively is not going in the direction you wanted it to at all
>lead singer is an egoist who cannot handle criticism
>can't even write a song that's more complicated than just a four chord progression
>bored to tears with this music and feel like I'm wasting my time
>unfortunately only group of decent musicians I know
it sucks being stuck.
>>
>>70190204
NE Ohio
>>
>>70189675
i do, but i'm not going to share my stuff.

i hate spamming my music everywhere, i'll post it in soundcloud threads every once in a while.

and i'm DEFINITELY not going to post the track i made with those guys, even though i tried to hide my identity, these guys don't and it's super easy to identify me through them.
>>
>>70190265
I swear everyones trying be the next JANK
>>
>>70184556
>join a scrappy band as they are writing they're first album
>Said album proceeds to get local press coverage and radio play
>played shows practically every weekend around the state
>play local festival and draw around 300 people to an indoor set
>drummer is an "adult" whose wife makes him quit
>start writing second album anyway and the drummer from VERY big band approaches us asking if we need help recording
>do the most intense 72 hour recording marathon to get the songs done before he goes back on festival tour
>now we're sitting on a much better record with no drummer to play live shows/continue to grow/go on tour
Why is it so hard to find a drummer that doesn't want to play in 6 different bands mu?
>>
>>70190293
you're exactly right. it's annoying too, because I know these guys are incredibly talented musicians, i just wish they weren't so creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>70190242
Well I'm from Vojvodina so I get you
if you're not listening to shitty turbofolk, you must listen to old exyu rock and most of the emo lyrics it comes with. I mean even I like some of those songs but it's really cheap and it's really old, it's literally just the most basic chords for christs sakes.
Really not a lot to see here other than that.
>>
>>70190245
I feel you man, I was in your shoe, but then some members changed in our band. We're playing popular shit, don't really feel that this is the music I want to play, but it's fun now. It can be better in the future, but if you really that tired, just fucking quit, no matter what the others think. If they can't understand you, why the fuck should you play with them. You're not a machine I suppose.
>>
>>70187155
Sound check as in I had to go play random riffs so they could get levels. May also have meant go fuck myself, who knows!
>>
>>70190354
it's utter shit, but I cheer for you man! do you have a band or somebody to play with?
>>
Am I the only one that is working towards being a solo artist?
Literally fuck other people.
>>
>>70190534
hardest part for me is the vocals. my voice is shit, my range isn't even 2 octaves
>>
>>70190286
Did they make it better tho
>>
>>70190265
kent?
>>
>>70190534
I have a solo project but I have so much fun collaborating that it is usually on the back burner.
Also guitar based ambient/drone isn't exactly a booming genre so my chances to play it live are few and far between.
>>
Is it true that everybody needs a bassist and said bass players get their pick of the litter?

t. A guy who just picked up the bass
>>
>>70190567
Why do you need to go outside 2 octaves?
Harmonies, effects, eq, compression, makes everyone a good singer
>>
>>70190534
At the moment, myself too
>>70190526
Usually just play at some chill concerts for some music school. Was supposed to play some more hardcore stuff with a friend and we jammed a few times. He constantly wants to make it a real thing and a real band but he gets drunk often and then he finds a gf that he can drool over and completely forgets what he wanted.
That's lead guitarists for you. Might get a bass soon just so I can start my own thing.
>>
>>70190634
lorain, I'm about an hour away from Kent, half an hour from cleveland.
>>
>>70190645
If you know you're shit (either have music theory knowledge or really good pitch), can play consistently live, and are able pick up other people's songs quickly you will be asked to join A LOT of bands.
t. A guy who's played bass for 9 years
>>
>>70190727
ay i pass thru there to go to oberlin all the time :3
>>
>>70190645
Probably not unless the bass parts are advanced. If you play guitar you can play most stuff on bass. But no one wants to.
>>
File: nocturno feelo.jpg (49KB, 730x646px) Image search: [Google]
nocturno feelo.jpg
49KB, 730x646px
>>70184556
>tfw want to start a shitty black metal band
>tfw no one in my town, or even my state, is interested in BM
>it's all shitty trap or country bands
>>
>>70184760
Where in NJ? I play bass and dig old school power pop (game theory, human sexual response mostly)
>>
>>70190741
tfw oberlin shows are literally the worst to play. if you're ever in the area and someone offers, skip over it m8.
>>
>>70190773
why so? nearly all noise artists can get a show there.
>>
>>70190768
I travel between Ocean and Warren county depending on the time of year.
>>
>>70190790
most of the college kids are very sensitive/politically correct, so you have to be very mindful of that if you're going to perform there. suffice to say, if you don't fall in line with obie kids, they'll ostracize you np. with that said, personally, i just don't like the vibes of the people/town. walking on eggshells is no fun.
>>
>>70190767
>complains about having no friends to play shit metal with on an imageforum online
>raises above trap music
>>
I bless this thread with popularity and trascendence for the musician-posters
>>
>>70190887
aaron dilloway and andrew kirschner did tell me about that... desu tho, if i were to ever play a show there id hope to piss off a few kids haha
>>
>>70190713
yea, my best friend's like that too, except he's got serious relationship, we always plan to do something, but nothing ever happen

>most of my friends who listens to music I like don't even have gear, it's a shame
>>
>>70190911
>nine eleven
Well, seems like instead you're all going down
>>
>>70190906
>implying i said there's anything wrong with trap music
>>
>>70190941
>>it's all shitty trap or country bands
>>
>>70190911
€90 to get in 'my village weekly' with a 1/4 page ad

Should I?
>>
>>70190767
Black metal is only really trve if its a solo bedroom project anyway.
>>
>>70190947
Yeah, there's a lot of shitty Trap artists in my area. That doesn't mean that all Trap is bad.
>>
>>70190985
only if you suck
>>
make music, people seem to like it, record demo album, 6 months later growing unsatisfied with my work and feeling stifled by being limited to guitar and vocals, quitting alcohol to get more energy back, needing new inspiration as im wanting to record a real album during the summer or possibly next fall, looking to really do something quality
>>
>>70190913
do you know blair/the guys from space funeral???
>>
>>70191020
I'm supremely excellent
>>
File: sad_frog.png (59KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.png
59KB, 400x388px
>>70184556
>that feeling when the only person around you with any musical talent is a rapper and working with him might get us pretty big, but you are not a fan of rap so you are hesitant to collaborate since all you want to do is write nice pop music with a baroque/orchestral feel to it
>>
How old are all you guys and how long have you been doing music? you can link to your original posts, I'm just genuinely curious hope no one minds
>>
>>70191096
be the next death grips but beach boys inspired.
>>
>>70190761
>bassist is a better guitarist than guitarist syndrome
>>
>band sucks
>now they want to play dreampop
>they want to bring the baby

ffs i just want to play drums not alone
>>
>>70191110
>>
>>70191110
i'm 23 been playin drums for 6 years, but started writing midis at 14
>>
>>70191110
Are you trying to 'hack' people?
>>
>>70191049
no man. just aaron, ryan, and andrew. but i know OF space funeral.
>>
>be a bassist
>live with a friend who plays drums
>has a pretty good electric drumset in his room
>too shy to jam with me, despite me saying he has nothing to worry about
>sit in your room playin bass to backing tracks
this shit is so infuriating
>>
>in a psychedelic band with guitar player and drummer who are both really good at their respective instruments and have tastes that span krautrock, free jazz and prog

pretty fucking awesome to say the least
>>
File: 1445110516903.png (889KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445110516903.png
889KB, 540x960px
>tfw no one wants to play post no wave/noise rock
>>
>>70190847
A shit, I'm around princeton
>>
File: DJ Tat2.jpg (794KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
DJ Tat2.jpg
794KB, 2592x1456px
>Be me
>Laying in my room one day
>bored
>See my bass and ME-50B pedal (2 lazy 4 actual pedalboard etc)
>Grab a cable
>Amp input
>other end
>Pedal output
>Grab another cable
>Pedal input
>proceed to put my finger on the cable while using the pedal to mod it
>cool Static/Noise
>brand it as noise, upload to Soundcloud
>ironically of course
>I'm DJ ME-50B
>ironically of course
>en up making a 12 min EP and 38 min LP
>ironically of course
>>
>Been playing guitar for a while as hobbie
>Get to the point I can play any most songs I like so I start writing shit to not lose interest
>Actually impress myself on the quality of 3 songs I've written over the course of months
>I've worked on these songs for so long that I already have them planned out in my head with bass drums 2-3 guitar parts /one lead and the other just to add texture) violin and full lyrics.
Only problem is that I can't sing for shit and as I live in a shithole I couldn't find anyone to mess around with and I'm poor and can't get any equipment to try and record stuff, don't even have a computer
I just want to try and make these songs a reality so I can see if I actually have a bit of talent
>>
By the time I gain the piano skills needed to lead my jazz-punk band, would I know anyone around who would be interested in performing in it?
>>
I'm working on the same thing for at least two weeks now. For every two things I create, there's a minimum of one that I delete. It's all guitars (acoustic and electric) so I have to figure out how to satisfactorily fill up a track without any percussion or proper bass. It's awkward as hell.
>>
>>70191669
>isnt a skilled musician
>first genre going for is jazz-punk
holy shit lmao
>>
>>70191676
Counterpoint, nigger. Even without 4 voices to fill up all the chords, they should be represented, and your lowest voice and highest voice should have some movement between them,
>>
File: 20170105_162131.jpg (1006KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170105_162131.jpg
1006KB, 2560x1536px
>in band (lo-fi pop)
>recording first ep, diy
>guitarist gets sick
>we're all getting frustrated cause of takes, but guitarist is showing
> shits actually good, consistent recording sessions and only 1 song to go

shits going well, hope we can finish tonight
>>
>>70191703
I can do regular punk even without hendrixing my guitar and mashing out chords wrong-handedly, but why would I when I could make music that's much more interesting?
>>
>>70191475
I do, please for the love of god tell me you're in Texas
I've got so many ideas
I almost exclusively listen to noise rock and no wave
>>
>>70191765
You really think you can play jazz, a fusion of jazz and punk even?
You really think you know the basics of both genres?
>>
>>70191490
Füg. If something ever comes up my email's likeidsharemynormalemailon4chan@aol(DOT)com
>>
>>70192081
It's not as complicated as you think. Your piano is playing those same punk chords but syncopated a little bit. The real flavor comes in how your drummer bashes on a rock kit in patterns that you'd never hear in rock music, and your bass actually functions as an instrument. I would pick up with one of those instruments, but you can't lead from them. How would you even get a jazz-punk band formed if you're not leading it?
>>
>>70192510
You're not even close to punk-jazz, or any kind of jazz with that kind of thinking
>>
>>70192524
I said jazz-punk not punk-jazz. They're entirely different paradigms.
>>
>>70192543
they're not :)
>>
>>70192550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAf3YVMlag
What were you thinking of by jazz-punk?
>>
>>70191921
sorry dude im in minnesota
>>
>>70192614
You really think you can make something similar to that?
Do you have any music theory knowledge?
>>
>>70191719
Not necessarily bitch
>>
>play in black metal/death metal/punk bands over the years
>want to play something like Modest Mouse meets Hawkwind
>metal friends think that's gay, not hip/too introverted to fit in with hipster noise kids
Could be worse, seriously considering moving by the end of the year just need to set aside some money.
>>
>>70192649
Will I actually be able to play Captain Beefheart in the style of Thelonious Monk in the way I envision for an improvement on these guys, probably not, but I could certainly do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-MTp4Phzk4
>>
anyone in mid-ohio do weird experimental stuff? ive been looking for people to play with for a while : <
>>
>>70189019
Convert a classical player
>>
>>70189817
>fun to blow peoples ears after some shitty triple j core indie band plays before us
Good lad
>>
>play solo slightly dark loud/soft electric guitar singer songwriter music
>only have like five songs but already getting booked for things
>not really sure how pedals work or how to flesh things out into multiple instrument parts
>want to make legitimately dark or angry music but not really sure how, at the moment people seem to associate me with folk music and it's incredibly frustrating
>afraid of all my music sounding the same
>>
>>70184556
honestly OP a lot of bands started that way Nirvana went through several names phases and drummers until they became their own if you truly love music keep doing what you're doing it will come to you if you truly are working hard towards reaching your goal.
>>
>>70193119
Take notes next time you listen to Spiderland.
>>
>>70193119
>want to make legitimately dark or angry music but not really sure how
try actually being angry or in a dark place first, it works wonders
>>
>play in noise rock duo
>neither of us knows how to play
>we keep playing anyway
>one of our favourite guitarists likes our music
>going to record an album by ourselves despite not knowing anything about production

Things are going pretty damn well I have to say.
>>
>>70193227
I too play in a noise rock duo and neither of us know what the fuck we're doing either
unfortunately no one knows about our music except really angry neighbors
>>
>>70193190
this, unless you wanna fake it
make music that fits you perfectly, otherwise its shit
>>
>>70193662
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's all shit if it doesn't fit you perfectly but I would say that it is often the most uninspired shit when someone pretends to be something they're not through music
>>
Good thread, can relate to a lot of these.

>grow up classicalfag
>become a good but not great performer in teens
>realise I don't have enough talent to make it in the classical/jazz world, (temporarily) lose interest in classical music as well
>ask a (drummer) friend to start a band
>he says no sorry, I just joined another band
>singer won't let me in because of personal drama that happened a few years before, even though the rest of the band supported my inclusion

>fast forward few years in high school
>drummer says he started learning guitar and wants to start a side project
>sweet
>buy shitty keyboard and amp
>we start playing psych rock
>drummer turns out to be much more talented at guitar than drums, with a lot of practice he quickly becomes better than the rhythm guitarist of the original band
>we go through several drummers, which were all good but tied up in other projects/RL stuff
>sound is decent (but not great) but we have trouble getting shows
>meanwhile original band is starting to get local press and record company attention, record an EP
>also guitarist/drummer starts to drift towards metal, while I drift towards more experimental music
>for those reasons, we break up when we go to (different) uni, I think it's OK because I'll find someone at uni

>buy better keyboard
>practice 2+ hours a day, since socially awkward as fuck and have nothing else to do
>realise it was shitty equipment and lack of practice that was holding me back
>can't find anyone at uni because terms are so short, don't want to form a band with anyone back at home because I won't be there for half a year
>even take up bass since violin player and have perfect pitch
>still can't find anyone
>try to play classical again, but can't because used to playing on keyboards for the past 5 years

Anyone from Oxford, UK that read that shitty greentext and wants to start a band? (don't mind what genre as long as you are willing to experiment a bit)
>>
>>70193190
>>70193662
yeah it's not something i'm trying to fake, just something i am not always comfortable with the musical vocabulary for. same thing goes for making more "experimental" music
>>
I have a piece of advice that I wish someone had told me before I started to play music

Don't try to make experimental music
it will end up sounding lame
you're better off trying to incorporate experimental aspects into regular music that you are comfortable with until you have basically replaced that "normal" music with the experimental aspects
>>
>>70190767
Which state anon i'm in the same boat. I live in AZ
>>
>>70193256
We're in a similar situation. That guitarist is pretty much our only "fan". I'm considering setting up our own gigs, since no venue will have us. Hoping this album will help get people to come see us in the first place though.
>>
>>70193892
like, what is an "experimental" aspect though? learning about music theory and basic guitar technique is straightforward enough but i have no idea where or how to learn to make any sounds that lay outside of that
>>
>>70193940
have you got any music online you'd feel comfortable posting?
we basically just improvise and if we think it sounds cool it gets posted
https://seaaseaa.bandcamp.com/album/demo-session-12-21-16
this is the only recording on my bandcamp featuring us both
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqIXF_zvinM
is a, for the most part, unedited jam
sorry for the shill btw
>>
>>70193892
Absolutely agreed. If you don't want to listen to this anon's advice here's the second best solution: record a LOT of "experimental" music and get someone else to pick the best tracks (because of the high variance in outcomes for this type of music, some of them will probably be good) for you to play live, imagine if the shaggs recorded 130 songs and managed to make 13 My Pal Foot Foots, they would be regarded as a genuinely great band even though they were a bunch of teenagers with no musical training whatsoever.
>>
>>70193790
Hello
>>
>>70193892
>Don't try to make experimental music
>it will end up sounding lame
this

i heard a person with severe mental retardation playing a guitar and singing. the guitar was out of tune. their voice had no alteration in pitch or melody. their guitar playing had no rhythm. they were just banging the open strings and yelling 3-4 words over and over. it sounded like 90% of "experimental" acts i have heard.

but it feels good to say "they sound like retards" and have it be based in reality.
>>
>>70194071
anco concert huh?
>>
>>70194003
Yeah I like that. It actually sounds kinda cool. That's the sort of stuff I do by myself.

Here's a jam of a blues song we did a while ago. We're noticeably drunk in this video so there's plenty of mistakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APViMGdH4Mc
>>
>>70194019
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>70194070
Matt?
>>
>>70194435
No. Who's Matt?
>>
>>70194390
I really dig this, quite a bit noisier than what I posted though we have played some crushing noise rock, the recordings just never seem to do them justice
>>
>>70194390
adding onto what I said, can I ask what you shot this with? great sound quality
>>
>>70194517
Just the other guy's phone. Don't know what kind it is. The videos seem to come out with better sound than just audio.
>>
>>70194167
they aren't my cup of tea. but i can appreciate it. it just bothers me when people set up a rig and make noise and call themselves musicians.
>>
>>70194390
Holy shit, this is awesome. Get a bass player to thicken up the sound and this will be perfect.
>>
>>70194646
Thanks very much. We've actually added a bass amp to the setup now, so it sounds pretty good for a two piece.
>>
>anxiety to the point where i would be a neet if i could live with myself being a complete burden to my family
>one of two best friends lives in another state, though we click musically and still at least try to make some hip hop tracks together, sometimes bounce ideas for geetar music
>other best friend lives nearby but works even more than i do, primarily listens to j rock and even though hes a good guitarist his ideas are really conventional and emotionally sterile imo
>other friend is great guitarist and actually works in audio but we dont talk much since high school and he has little incentive to work with someone that he honestly outclasses
>keep steady making beats on garageband/audacity with a handful of whiny emo songs on solo guitar but never really acheive the quality i want
>>
not in a band but
>want to make post-hardcore a la Moss Icon
>everything I come up with just sounds like sped-up pop-punk
I DON'T EVEN LIKE POP-PUNK HOW IS THIS HAPPENING
>>
>>70194799
its probably your voice
are you a little bitch with a little bitch voice?
>>
>23
>musician and guitarist for 12 years
>lives in area where there are vast music scenes and diy bands/venues/shows
>knows talented musicians in projects
>can't find anyone to jam with
>craigslist/social media futile
>everyone is recycled, cover band trash
>stranger auditions are futile and awkward
>just looking to record and self release
>hopefully members to assemble later on(?)
>impossible to find quality producers and hourly recording studios
>???

INB4 what am I doing wrong/what can i do right??
>>
>>70194809
Nope, I can't sing worth a fuck, I play guitar
I may just be Jawbreaker influence seeping in, I don't know.
>>
>>70190727
>Lorain
Hope you're a Jason Molina fan

>>70190773
>>70190887
OSU and OU have great local scenes but they're probably kind of a hike from NE unless you're going overnight
>tfw Machine Girl and Five Star Hotel came to one of our local venues but was out of town for the weekend
>>
>guitarist and I are total bros
>His favorite band is Moving Mountains, not the best but could be much worse
>We both despise the shit out of Twenty One Pilots, feels great man
>Wish the guitarist was into more psychedelic stuff tho, he only really plays clean stuff with minimal effects besides delay and loops
>My dream would be for us to get that AnCo sound down with some experimentation, but I'm content knowing we have a bond worthy of that at least
>We're both Christians and laugh at degenerates in our music scene
>>
>>70194883
you might just not be that good. not saying that's necessarily the case but as someone in a similar scene, when friends of mine are frustrated because no one wants to work with them it almost always because they just aren't very good and people don't want to get involved with that shit
>>
>>70192810
What town you near? And how weird and experimental are you thinking
>>
>>70194883
Can relate. Try working on a good live peformance and try and land opening slots (however you'll be in a catch 22 situation to get your first few). My friend's band managed to get a drummer that way; the drummer of the band they opened for was bored with his band and decided to switch.

Also general question to this thread: how did you land your first show?
>>
>>70194799
play around with familiar chord shapes in diff parts of the fretboard or in alt tunings and fuck with different strumming patterns. dont worry about keeping lyrics/vox perfectly in rhythm and melody, learn to flaunt the flaws in a way that makes the music stand out. Listen to genres you normally dont give the time of day
>>70194883
try recording yourself on a budget and see if the songwriting holds up to make up for shit prod, you dont have to release it but just experiment
>>70195153
psych is more than just phasers and chorus doe(unless youre a tame impala fan), the guitar can be straightforward but ground the songwriting so that you can experiment around it with wacky synths or unorthodox percussion etc, ultimately the songwriting and originality is more important than fitting the style
>>
>>70195313
Definitely agree about the psych comment, and I'll throw in unorthodox percussion as much as possible, but he thinks synths are just cheesy 80s garbage so that's disappointing
>>
>>70195313
post-hxc anon here
Thanks.
>>
>been writing songs since high school
>reaching a point where I can't refine them any further
>no one to play the music I've written
>can't afford to buy a new sax yet
>>
>>70195277
i work at a diy venue and hopped on a show last minute as an opener, then during that show was booked by someone in the audience who works for another venue. it was so nice i wasn't even looking for it
>>
Exact opposite of a post about a band but oh well. I've seriously been thinking about going out as a songster busking and hitchhiking for a while now. Trying to think of the materials that I want to bring that will still be relatively light.

1. Guitar.
2. Change of clothes for two days. Two shirts, two pants, a few pairs of underwear and a jacket.
3. Phone.
4. Wallet.
5. Tuner, in case phone is stolen/lost/etc.
6. Capo
7. Laptop. It's light enough that it wouldn't add too much weight. This is the one I'm most hesitant about for obvious reasons.

That's
>>
File: my boi.jpg (50KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
my boi.jpg
50KB, 768x768px
>be me
>recording ep, first material of the band
>producer and bandmate treat me like shit while i'm re-recording vocals
>i take a while because i wanted it to be good and wanted to be proud of the end result
>they treat me like shit because they want to keep working on other songs
>my voice cracks a lot but after some time recording i get a good result
>i felt pretty bad because of how they treated me, but atleast we'll be releasing music soon
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 600x776px
>>70188902
>be lefty
>learn drums on a righty kit
>have to develop right hand to do fast hihat/ride runs as well as a righty
>my left hand is naturally stronger than most righty's
Feels good. Other drummers sometimes notice and it makes me feel good.
>>
>>70194799
it's probably the chords you are playing, man. i'm not familiar with Moss Icon, but i'd say if it sounds like pop-punk it's because you are playing in major keys too much or something like that.
>>
>>70196108
Place marker for your grave?
>>
I can play drums, guitar, bass, and do vocals. All I have is a blue yeti microphone. Could I record a full black metal album with it? Any tips?
>>
>>70196108
RIP Anon 2017-2017
>>
>>70198243
just be like varg and get a shitty headset mic and use that
>>
>playing on your own for a while and writing songs
>want to make songs with vocals but music taste is too unusual/too reclusive to find other people to work with
>continue making songs for a long time and trying to get better
>now I'm so confident with my skills alone I am generally opposed to working with anyone else

it feels good though
>>
>>70191321
Get him drunk
>>
File: OH.jpg (31KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
OH.jpg
31KB, 640x470px
>Be Young folk guitar guy
>Want to find other people to play with
>all people interested in playing folk music are twice or three times my age

Damn it.
Live near but not in San Fransisco, HELP.
>>
>>70184556
Wow it's funny this post is here because I actually came to the realization today that I think I want to make post punk

I've been wanting to start music for a while and post punk has been peaking my interest (mainly just protomartyr and ought but I'm just getting into it)
>>
>>70198480
How is raping his roommate going to fix the mess he's in, anon?
>>
>>70184556
>Just finished out new project.
>3CD (43 Tracks featuring more than 10 artist)
>Could upload it to iTunes and else right now
>Have to wait six months to release it.
Life is suffering and working with famous people is a pain on the butt.
>>
My bandmates are talented, but lazy fucks. I practice my ass of everyday trying to get better and I hear they haven't played in days or weeks. We accomplish a lot at practice though, writing and shit. But it quickly turns to fucking around and I almost have to drag them back to playing. We have major potential where we are, but I'm almost the only one who see's it and is working for it.
>>
>>70184556
>bassist
>fired from cover band
>said i wasnt practicing neough/had enough time
>found out they had already hired a new bassist before telling me
>not into covers
It sucks because I had invested a lot of time into it, but I was also unhappy musically. Right now just working on paying some debts back and taking a break from music. Already have a pretty solid in to a band but they seem a little too djenty/modern metal for me. but we'll see how it goes I guess.
>>
>Put out an EP last year and got some coverage and scored a 3.4/5 on a review site
>Release two singles that are gonna be on my new album recording by myself
>Get put in a list for top 25 musicians in the local area

FeelsGood.jpg
>>
>>70190767
>not making blackened trap
youre passing up a lucrative opportunity son
>>
>start a band
>have a clear vision about the music
>I had never played in a band so I was really excited
>through the years band members come and go, except me the bassist and the guitarist
>the guitarist also has major mental problems, has been going in and out of a psych ward
>original vision slowly fades away
>current band is something completely different
>no passion, everyone's mostly focused on their education or jobs
>the music is now basically dadrock
>all my ideas get shut down

I'm leaving this spring after we've done a gig for a friends mother's 50 birthday party. Sounds like we're all 16 right, but we're all in our mid 20s.

It's gonna be a big party and I think it'll be fun. We're playing the songs she chose which is a relief for me.
>>
>>70199861
damn, sorry that happened man
I know how it feels to have dreams and shit turn to dust right in front you
>>
>>70199885
Thanks. It sucks but I've been doing like this anon >>70184556 though. I'm not bitter, I'm just gonna do things on my terms from now on.
>>
>>70199935
Meant this guy >>70198472
>>
>>70191638
CHILANGO
>>
>>70189052
>benefit system
>zero support
>>
>>70198505
how young?
>>
tfw no one wants to be in a band with a vocalist who is just THAT into dsbm
>>
>>70201126
19. Out of high-school.
>>
>>70200565
I meant for the music and art whilst I'm ripped off by major artists
>>
>>70201770
what major artist has ripped you off lmao
>>
>>70201873
Potentially David Bowie anne Clark David Byrne James blake kek
>>
>>70190330
Because nobody's parents makes them take drum lessons
>>
>>70190645
OK so take a guitar and put a octave pedal on it
What do you get
A bass guitar
Nice
>>
>songwriter / guitarist in a two person band with talented singer
>make slow and kinda dreamy music
>completely different to most the other bands in my city
>play a few gigs and release 2 eps
>incredibly hard to get any sort of attention but people (friends) who listen to it seem to like it
>most of my music written about gf
>gf dumps me

>start to write different music but its more personal and folky
>singer of band becomes really busy
>I cant sing to save my life
>at a random local gig where i only know one person
>hes a drummer
>his band is supporting the main act
>all the opening bands finish playing and the main act doesnt want to play for another 40 minutes
>ask the person who booked the bands if i can get on for 30 minutes and play some material
>drummer vouches for me but looks unsure
>borrow some random guitar and take the stage
>start playing and singing a song
>audience is completely silent
>finish the song and a few people clap
>very awkward
>start playing second song and more people seem to be getting into it
>out of nowhere drummer friend runs onto stage and starts playing along with me
>never played together before
>play crazy 25 minute set of me screaming through everything ive wrote with the drummer improv drumming
>crowd is really into it by the end of it
>get booked for other gigs as soon as we get off stage
>lets play more gigs??
>start writing together
>record shit demo tape and give it to anthony fantano while he is in our city doing a talk
>include contact info
>never hear back
>currently recording album
>all lofi, mostly on tape but quite elaborate
>getting other musicians in to do horns, strings and vocal harmonies
>gearing up to release it to maybe 3 or 4 bandcamp downloads and maybe 1000 soundcloud views
>fear of never getting any further with music surpasses my fear of people hating it

how do you become an actual, known musician?
>>
>>70202445
My personal opinion is to not bother with soundcloud or bandcamp.

There's probably a few ways of becoming an actual known musician. One is to play live across the country perpetually. Another is to meet the right industry taste maker who takes over and gives you a budget. Another is to be a huge flat out wannabe that steals from and pisses all over everybody , like what bob Dylan did.
>>
>>70202445
i mean it sounds like youre progressing pretty naturally as far as you tell it, but try to capture the spontaneoty and recklessness of that night with the drummer in your recordings in some way. also try saving up and paying a smaller publication to review your shit. Exposure might be the only thing holding you back but keep trying to improve of course
>>
>>70202703
>paying a smaller publication to review yo
People pay to be reviewed? ??
>>
File: IMAG2155.jpg (38KB, 615x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2155.jpg
38KB, 615x348px
Here's a nice new five pounds note. How did I do here? Honestly. Remember, five pounds.

https://youtu.be/sexT1vjG9Pc
>>
>>70202445
>actual, known musician?
Take some lingerie to a hostel, it's what it's all about really
>>
>>70202715
goddamn right, and they pay even more for a good review
>>
>>70202864
I'm shocked
>>
Dear Mark Riley

Here's £20 buy yourself a few pints. Do you have a cassete deck still?
>>
>>70199063
you sound like the singer in my band, except he thinks hes the only one that works hard when we all get so much shit done that he doesnt know about.

Better not be pointing the finger when everything you say about them applies to you
>>
>>70202693
if only i could meet an industry taste maker. there arent really any in my city anymore. there were in the 80s and 90s. i live in australia ahaha the music scene is pretty stagnant with only a select few bands getting the limelight.
>>
>>70192943
this
>>
>>70202693
>>70203065
how would i get my music out there without soundcloud / bandcamp?
>>
>>70201153
i mean this is prolly why most of the dsbm community is bedroom artists with two members max
>>
I was in a band and all we could play ,...was one song. For a year or so we would turn up to a practice studio and play one song. We probably got quite good at it. No one would learn anything else and I tried putting out some jamming but they all would stop and stare at the walls. Then we would play our one song again.
>>
>>70203075
perform really fucking good live/have a gimmick to stand out. Get friendly with video editors that need free music to use in projects. youtube music videos
>>
File: liam_gallagher_1254875.jpg (11KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
liam_gallagher_1254875.jpg
11KB, 330x330px
>>70203075
Set up a record company. Publish your own music , get say 50 vinyl singles made and send them to record stores and djs as a tester. Approach record stores , have a point of sale cardboard holder for your cd single etc

You would get noticed eventually and it would be wether you clicked or not

If you can combine this with reliable touring at even half filled small venues that sell some beers, you'd be in with a good chance ........perhaps

Be different, be better
>>
>>70203106
I hope you left, that doesn't sound like a group of people worth playing with at all.
>>
>>70203201
This australian with a didgeridoo started turning up and that was the beginning of the end
>>
>playing post-rock with 3 friends
>drummer and bassist provide a solid foundation, the other guitarist and I basically add bells and whistles and make it "wet" igues (heavy use of chorus and sometimes other misc pedals)
>loving each rehearsal, starts with us writing or practicing and usually ends with beers and banter
>currently on hiatus, me and bassist are doing 8 months of military service
>can't wait to get back together and have fun and make music
>>
can't get tour dates for shit further than nyc
>>
>>70185172
brooklyn is dead lol
>>
>>70196271
Stop being their doormat. Impose limits or GTFO.
>>
>>70203291
this,
why is everyone itt so passive?
I've left bands that consisted of my close friends when they started taking my ideas and contributions as an afterthought
>>
>>70203192
this is real fuckin good advice. thank you!
>>
>after years of trying thru highschool, finally start a band
>people really like us
>people start to really, really like us
>finally put out music
>sell out show

it's a good feel
>>
File: 20170106_180636.jpg (537KB, 1616x1212px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_180636.jpg
537KB, 1616x1212px
>>70203379
You're welcome
>>
>>70190354
>ex yu rock
>emo lyrics
>>
>>70190567
same, my singing is absolutely atrocious but I want to make something inbetween nick drake and love with some jazz influences

still not sure if I should go and take singing lessons or just somehow find someone else to sing for me
>>
>>70203379
Once you've set up a record company (in the UK it costs £12), there are industry associations that you can join, so you can start schmoozing. Also look into to grants from government or prince charules trust or something, or even a $1,000 small business bank loan is some cd's, few t-shirts and vinlys.

Look into it and bide your time till you feel hot , then pull every stunt you can think of.

>the amount of stoner doom bands this man has launched is ridiculous
>>
http://www.princeofwalescharitablefoundation.org.uk/apply-for-a-grant

You might get a £50
>>
>>70191110
19, was in bands since I was 15
>>
>>70203359
I'm guessing that they don't have that many alternatives, looking at how many people ITT are struggling to find members.
>>
>>70190129
This but South America.
>>
>>70184556
One of my bands will on stage David Liebe Hart this year. Can't wait!!
>>
Nice ghost pepe. Mind if I save it, anon?
>>
>>70191110
19, started playing guitar when I was like 11 and singing at 7. I'm the youngest person in the group though, the other two guys are in their 20's.

I'm this dude >>70185469
>>
>>70190286
its ok anon i know what u mean
>>
>>70189968
yeah man im doing it all myself (trent is a huge inspiration) but the problem is that i still need members to preform live
>>
>>70190330

Where are you? I'll drum for you
>>
>>70205917
also i cant sing very well
>>
>>70204863
its all yours :")
>>
>>70191411
dubs prove you are in an awesome band
>>
>>70193153
thanks man im quite intensifying my work after they kicked me out of previous band, got depressed but picked up myself, now im ready to make a band and not make the same mistakes i did before.
>>
>>70198506
do it man, for me its quite rewarding. I dont know its something in the simplicity of punk and eksperimenting of post
>>
OP here thanks for sharing your stories. I was felling very down, but came back today and saw how much this thread blew up and it made my day. All the good and bad stories were inspirational, so thank you again
>>
>>70195191
from the 419 area, i do noise, ambient, punk stuff
>>
Also how come this board is not so much musician focused since there are so many musicians here, for example /lit/ has a lot on writting and motivation and stuff, and mostly what i see here ar threads of soundclouds,prod and bandcamp. So i was thinking what if we would start /band/ general? to discuss band feels, motivation and tips etc.
>>
>>70206606
I'll make one right now if you'd like anon
>>
>>70206654
sure or wait until this thread is over and then post it, do as you wish
>>
>>70206606
Well there is /comp and /bc and /gg and /prod
Thing is, this place is a bit of a lie really so trying to do sincere things is often wasted effort :/
>>
>>70206675
>Thing is, this place is a bit of a lie really so trying to do sincere things is often wasted effort :/
what do you mean could you explain?
>>
>>70206606
I like this idea.
>>
>>70206731
Moot is an American hero but the site he built is on UK news for being most evil place on net. So that's quite a big problem to start with

The site is populated with industry, radio, big name acts who use Anondom to conceal themselves and get away with murder , steal ideas, suppress new potential startups ..... then leaving total nobody 23 yo's to carry the can for being here

Then.,. Take /ic, I wanted to get some artists together for an exhibition, I was touting for some new show, trying to get in touch with some money men in the art world, tour it. InStead of "yeah that's be good, we might get a name for ourselves and have a career" I was baited till it was all ripped up (lul etc), while the industry itself lifted the designs it wanted, made its money , locked the door behind it

Nothing good can be done with these sort of duplicites , it's a losing hand to start with so,....

That's my general position. Trying to do real creative things here other than roll dubs for song title is not worth it
>>
File: p02ffcjt.jpg (30KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p02ffcjt.jpg
30KB, 1200x675px
Let's try it another way

Me "you're here then?"

The radio "yeah"

Me "but you're pretending to not be whilst I'll actually post my face. you then have the power to run a story that we're the natzis when I was for example supporting Liz Kendal , when you then vanish into smoke that you weren't here but it's not true?"

The radio "yeah"

Bands gonna do really well then obviously no problem about future lawsuits or anything whatsoever

:)
>>
And yet Another thing! We're not anonymous on here. I don't know who any of you are, but we're definetly tracked by whoever is Oz behind all this, you'll see what you had for dinner yesterday float past here. So that's another lie about this site, we're now at a huge disadvantage.

Does the industry have a reputation for screwing over creatives? "Yes"

Do the things I've said sound like what is going on? "....yeah, " that's the queasy netherworld this place is

There you go throw out the water, better off at the ymca
>>
>22 years old
>been playing guitar for almost 6 years now
>still terrible because i always had coordination issues when i was a child
>too shy and too terrible to jam with my musican friends
>dont wanna ask them anyway
>one is in a band that is well known in the local scene but they are derivative as fuck
>always wanted to records a solo EP but i never studied music theory so i have no idea about what im actually doing

Probably gonna record something alone and release it without giving away my name
>>
Didn't start learning music theory until 18, didn't start playing guitar until 19. Didn't start trying to sing until like a month ago. I'm 21 now. Am I fucked?

Feel like I won't "make it" until I'm in my 30s and then I can't appeal to youth as much. Seeing how people started this shit at 10 years old depresses me.
>>
This is me:
>>70198505
>>70201183

Here's a temp email I made:
kafrocrate at housat dot com

Email if your interested.
>>
>>70209120

i'm 23 and i only started taking guitar seriously last year, i don't feel hopeless. i think the only way for guys like us to make it is to just jam with other musicians constantly
>>
>>70209120
Think long-term, as a career musician. Your current view of success is childish.
>>
File: 4L_h5uwZVXl.jpg (9KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
4L_h5uwZVXl.jpg
9KB, 234x216px
>start playing shitty pop punk with a few friends
>drummer is total shit and is a prick and cant play anything else
>rest of the band is leagues ahead of him
>shitty pop punk band gains a following in my hometown because nothing else goes on here for anyone under the age of 60
>guitarist from first band and I form a side band with different/more talented members and not shitty pop punk. He moves to drums
>better drummer then he is guitarist
>hates being drummer
>nobody wants to listen to better band
>feels bad man
>>
>>70209771
Oh shit yea you're right. Fuck you're so right thank you
>>
>>70206606
Made the thread >>>70210007
>>
>played guitar when I was very little, lost interest and quit
>started playing the drums in the 6th grade, lost interest and quit
>end up giving set to kids a couple blocks away
>8th grade, my interest peaks once again
>get a nice set
>automatically much better than I was before, guess it was the maturity
>join high school jazz band
>decent, have trouble keeping time
>freshman year, pick up guitar as a hobby
>Turns out I'm way better at it than drums
>start creating ideas (never a song in it's entirety)
>the more I make, the better I get at it
>want to make acoustic/electric indie rock
>influences are Built to Spill, Flaming Lips, and Pavement
>none of my friends play music
>my one friend wants to play guitar, but doesn't want to put in the work
>Now a self-titled "multi-instrumentalist" playing guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, keyboard, and programming midi
>can't sing for shit
>trying to turn my concepts into full tracks

On one hand, it sucks having to record all instruments individually, but it's nice not having to compromise my ideas.
>>
I've been playing drums for over 15 years. It's been a slow, interesting, hellish ride and I have little to show for it.
Currently I'm playing in a trio. The music is a mutant form of classic rock with some punk and blues thrown in. I'm looking to start an experimental side project but have no idea who I would want to collaborate with. I think I need to move out of the region I'm in because it's very insular and somewhat isolated.
Guitar players are narcissistic assholes.
Bass players are generally cool but need to practice more.
I'm sick of genres and just want to make music that's never been made before. So the journey continues
>>
File: 1477868937294.png (834KB, 767x675px) Image search: [Google]
1477868937294.png
834KB, 767x675px
>Try to learn guitar
>Can't play basic notes
>Finally learn them

>Can't transfer between basic notes fast enough
>Finally learn them where I can transfer quickly ~70% of the time

>Can't do hammer-ons
>Practice to the point where I can do them semi-okay with all 4 fingers

>Learn how to read guitar tabs
>Still can't play a single song because anything I want to learn, even basic un-complex songs, require the ability to stretch some finger in a certain way to hold down the strings properly
>Best I can do is just play little parts of songs which is pointless

It's been about 2 years and I'm getting sick of this shit. How much more bullshit do I need to force myself through before I can actually make music? When the fuck do I get to actually play songs?
>>
>>70210242
you're literally 100% me except the drums in 6th and 8th grade bit
>>
>>70210441
whenever I hit a barrier like this I force myself to completely learn a whole song that's beyond my skill level
it takes time, patience and practice but has given my playing a boost everytime I did this (latest example for me was Jerrys Breakdown by Jerry Reed)
>>
>>70210441
You need lessons
>>
>>70210441
How often do you practice?
>>
File: 1415258028200.jpg (42KB, 498x476px) Image search: [Google]
1415258028200.jpg
42KB, 498x476px
>>70210802
Every day.

>>70210629
Apparently pretty much everything is beyond my skill level, still.

>mfw 7 months away from turning 26
>mfw anyone who actually did anything significant with music all started when they 8
>mfw by the time they were my age they were lightyears ahead and weren't fucking around and failing at basic songs
>mfw I'm years or decades behind them
>mfw even I could somehow catch up I'd probably be in my 50s in the time it would take
>>
>>70210018
thank you based anon!
>>
>>70210857
>when they were 8, can't even fucking type properly
>>
>>70210857
a good step would be to stop sinking into self pity
yes you're not going to be another Tommy Emmanuel / Clapton / whatev, so what?

you don't play an instrument to become the best player in the world but to have fun
>>
>>70195153
you sounds like faggots
>>
New album coming this year, mostly finished. Can't wait till you guys hear it :)
>>
>>70210961
Thanks anon, I never ever thought of it that way before.
>>
>>70185478

>I was playing a show with my old midwest emo band. I had made a screwdriver in a coffee cup and brought it with me. It was almost half vodka and I was shitfaced for the set. (Don't do that kids)
>We nailed the first few songs but then I switched channels on my cheap combo amp to tune quietly and forgot that I had done that

>Play the next song and as soon as the drums and bass come in I am literally inaudible.
>I stopped the song when I was supposed to be doing a tapping part because I couldn't figure out why my amp was so quiet.
>que death glares from band

I figured it out but wooee rick, never drink and play
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.